• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aftermarket grips on a polymer gun

Zukirider

imported post

so i was just wondering what kind of aftermarket grips you use on your polymer guns i just got a AGRIP for my XD i havent got to shoot with it yet but i was just wondering if people have used it or had good luck with other type of grips

Taurus850CIA

imported post

The only tupperware I own is my Hi-Point. I wrapped the plastic grip in black sports tape. When my hands begin to sweat, my grip actually improves.

malignity

imported post

I used to use Hogue grips for my Glock, but already taking a fat gun and making it fatter only made things more uncomfortable for me to carry. (It was like carrying the barrel of a baseball bat to be honest)

On a recommendation from a friend I went to Talon Glock Grips. Needless to say, I'll never use anything but Talon from now on.

Zukirider

imported post

i was worried about adding width as well thats why i went witht the AGRIP is similar to "grip tape" how ever when its dry it feels sorta like velour when wet it gets very tacky it feels nice on the skin when im sure much better then grip tape might

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
i was worried about adding width as well thats why i went witht the AGRIP is similar to "grip tape" how ever when its dry it feels sorta like velour when wet it gets very tacky it feels nice on the skin when im sure much better then grip tape might
That's a good possibility. 16 years in the construction trades made for some pretty calloused hands, so the grip tape doesn't bother me much. However, after a change of employment, my hands are getting the "dishpan hands" syndrome. I may have to change my tape...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Zukirider wrote:
That's a good possibility. 16 years in the construction trades made for some pretty calloused hands, so the grip tape doesn't bother me much. However, after a change of employment, my hands are getting the "dishpan hands" syndrome. I may have to change my tape...
Then stop using Ivory :)

Zukirider

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Zukirider wrote:
it wasnt my hands that the grip tape bothers i also have pretty rough hands its wheni tuck it into my IWB holster and im not wearing an undershirt the griptape rubbing on my back was like a 80 grit sandpaper massage:what:

Taurus850CIA

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
Zukirider wrote:
Then stop using Ivory :)

myusername

imported post

Have used an AGRIP, works very well, super low profile, but it just gets more tacky the sweatier you get. Came off clean too, didn't leave any residue. I actually need to buy a couple more. Also have used a pachmayr sleeve, that was thicker, but also effective

manicdevery

imported post

malignity wrote:
I used to use Hogue grips for my Glock, but already taking a fat gun and making it fatter only made things more uncomfortable for me to carry. (It was like carrying the barrel of a baseball bat to be honest)

On a recommendation from a friend I went to Talon Glock Grips. Needless to say, I'll never use anything but Talon from now on.
I loooove my talon grips. i smoothed them down so they weren't so rough, and they look sexy next to my new mepro light sights. :D