• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Violent robbery spree growing

protias

imported post

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=11239

MILWAUKEE-Police are on the hunt for four armed and extremely dangerous men who they believe had been involved in more than a dozen robberies. The latest happened at an Aldi's market where at one point a gun was pointed at a customer who one of the suspects thought was making too much of a commotion. Police think there's a connection to 14 terrifying robberies on the city's north side in less than a month. As Captain Kurt Liebold put it, "We're thinking the more they do the more bold they get and obviously with a shotgun the violence shoots right up there."

Seems pretty reasonable for one to carry then.

Lurchiron

imported post

protias wrote:

MILWAUKEE-Police are on the hunt for four armed and extremely dangerous men who they believe had been involved in more than a dozen robberies. The latest happened at an Aldi's market where at one point a gun was pointed at a customer who one of the suspects thought was making too much of a commotion. Police think there's a connection to 14 terrifying robberies on the city's north side in less than a month. As Captain Kurt Liebold put it, "We're thinking the more they do the more bold they get and obviously with a shotgun the violence shoots right up there."

Either that or we as citizens, need to train ourselves to remain quiet; whilst being robbed........NOT!!! :banghead:

Landose_theghost

imported post

protias wrote:

NO!! We need more restrictions on shotguns now! And stricter Gun Control in generalto save us! This way, the criminals will never be able to get their hands on those evil shotguns, EVER again! :banghead:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Pointing is not violent, not pointing a finger or a pistol and not pointing a shotgun is violent. Ever wonder about the difference between sworn peace officers and "law enforcement officers"? Who's your friend?

Ahhh, where's that Humpty Dumpty quote...yeah,

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"' '

But "glory" [or violence] doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you CAN make words mean so many different things.' '

The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master—that's all.'

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
The elements of common law self-defense are four; 1) be innocent of instigation 2) be in reasonable fear of bodily harm 3) use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil and 4) attempt to withdraw.
Doug, where do you get this from? I would like to study up on it.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
The elements of common law self-defense are four; 1) be innocent of instigation 2) be in reasonable fear of bodily harm 3) use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil and 4) attempt to withdraw.
Doug, where do you get this from? I would like to study up on it.
The precise words are mine. I received the knowledge from my SC CWP instructor, Wade Dagley. Wade was a GREAT instructor!

You are welcome to use them but, beware, they are intended to cause discussion and criticism.

oak1971

imported post

We need to mark on a map where each of the 14 robberies occurred. There will be a pattern. Find it and open carry at the next likely target.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Liko81 wrote:
.........The only reason I might suspect him of any wrongdoing is because was insulting Peach over the phone, which if counted as provokation negates common-law self-defense. Any text message from anyone in that home that in effect said "bring it on" is cause for charges. If there were not any messages to that effect, only insults, then Peach should have had thicker skin..........

Here is the Wisconsin statutes on self defence;

939.48Self-defense and defense of others.

939.48(1)
(1) A person is privileged to threaten or intentionally use force against another for the purpose of preventing or terminating what the person reasonably believes to be an unlawful interference with his or her person by such other person. The actor may intentionally use only such force or threat thereof as the actor reasonably believes is necessary to prevent or terminate the interference. The actor may not intentionally use force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm unless the actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself.

939.48(2)
(2) Provocation affects the privilege of self-defense as follows:

939.48(2)(a)
(a) A person who engages in unlawful conduct of a type likely to provoke others to attack him or her and thereby does provoke an attack is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense against such attack, except when the attack which ensues is of a type causing the person engaging in the unlawful conduct to reasonably believe that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In such a case, the person engaging in the unlawful conduct is privileged to act in self-defense, but the person is not privileged to resort to the use of force intended or likely to cause death to the person's assailant unless the person reasonably believes he or she has exhausted every other reasonable means to escape from or otherwise avoid death or great bodily harm at the hands of his or her assailant.

939.48(2)(b)
(b) The privilege lost by provocation may be regained if the actor in good faith withdraws from the fight and gives adequate notice thereof to his or her assailant.

939.48(2)(c)
(c) A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense.

That is why all you say when the cops come is, "I feared for my life and I stopped the threat. All other questions will be answered by my Lawyer"

Tarzan
this is a post from herePosted: Thu Jan 24th, 2008 15:34