• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA Supreme Court: ‘2nd Amendment applies to the states via 14th Amendment due process clause’

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Wow. The dissenting opinions are interesting.

One feels the majority goes beyond the scope of the question, but basically gives the opinion that McDonald will be upheld "before the ink it takes to print it (our opinion) is dry."

The remaining dissenters say the level of scrutiny in the majority opinion is not high enough.

That ought to give the Seattle crowd a headache.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am still happy with this decision our courts are pretty "left" and they still ruled this way. Glad it is done before it could get to be too late?

1245A Defender

imported post

i got no headaches,, this ruling makes me very happpy!:celebrate

i used to carry under washington state constiution, sect 1, art 24:cool:

now i carry under the 2nd amendment of the US constitution:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

this is a great step forward, and its very good and bodes well for california:D

Gundude

imported post

Maybe some of the lower court judges have their noses in the wind. Does McDonald v Chiago has a distinct odor?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Guy B. Meredith wrote:
I thought Seattle was the Washington repository for uberliberals. And Californian expats.
It is and folks from Chicago and Boston and New York ( our old and new mayors) seem to like it here too.:banghead::banghead:

Maybe our state decided to make sure this applies to our state before too many get here and totally overwhelm us. LOL.