• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott Bill OReilley Fox News

Pavegunner

imported post

Tonight, Bill Oreilly interviewed oathkeepers.org founder. The interview was more like Charlie Gibson interviewing Sarah Palin in 2008. He had an arrogant sneer on his face and condesending tone the entire time.

OReilly indicated he approved of Government agencies having the power to disarm law-abiding Americans under emergency situations like Hurricane Katrina where they disarmed hundreds of citizens.

This guy has gone far enough. Email him at oreilly@foxnews.com and tell him what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po8LLjIlDw

This is a link to the interview.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I suppose that I am not sensitive enough to have seen the sneer or detected the condescension (beyond normal media mogul). Leading with the merkin-mouth from SPLC was offensive.

The e-mail address really misspells his name? Try oreilly@foxnews.com

I am a prior military (free) associate member of Oath Keepers. I will abide those persecuted for keeping their oath to the Constitution and against the Obamanation's goonions.

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

I've never really cared for O'Reilly and don't normally watch his show. I just saw the replay on Fox. While I did not detect an arrogant sneer from O'Reilly, it's clear he trust the government more than he trusts individual liberty and that he's incredibly naive when it comes to gun rights. It seems that when push comes to shove, he's much more likely to give the benefit of the doubt to the government (any government) rather than the individual -- wrong answer.

Article1section23

imported post

I didn't see anything wrong with the interview...true...O' doesn't like guns or understand the freedom issues as well....sending nasty emails won't win him over to our side either. To each his own on this board...you get more flies with honey...

buster81

imported post

I didn't really see much in the way of a sneer or any unusual disrespect. He is like that with all his "guests." Perhaps someone who cares what he thinks should e-mail him the details of the federal law passed in the aftermath of Katrina, along with the various legal findings against the city of New Orleans with regard to their illegal action.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Regardless of what sneering was present or not (as already mentioned, there really was none), it is clear that Bill O'Reilly subscribes to the, "if they're doing nothing wrong, then they have nothing to fear about the guns being taken away" philosophy or "the government is here with it's police, military, private security, and foreign military buddies to take care of you so just shut up and comply."

I agree with Mr. Rhodes that just because of an emergency, the U.S. Constitution should not be thrown out the door. It can not be thrown out the door. In North Carolina, if the governor creates a state of emergency for a city, county, region, or the entire state, that affected area is a "no guns" zone and the only place we can carry our weapons in any mode is our own property. That, sir, is unconstitutional. To Hell with anyone coming to take my guns because they can't "get a handle" on the situation.

Extreme, you say Mr. O'Reilly?! Poppycock.

To Hell With Not Being Armed

NY2AZ

imported post

What I find funny is that Iv'e seen many "conservatives" who love O'Reilly. On the topic though, the constitution is not a fair "weather"(pun very intended document. It should actually , at least in my opinion, be abided by even more so in times of peril and trouble. I guess Mr. O'Reilly forgot that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is meant to be a restriction on government, not the other way around.

On another note; I can not stand that guy. He shows no respect towards his guests unless they completely agree with his point of view. Check out his interview with Jeremy Glick. One might not agree with all of Mr. Glicks opinions, but that was too far.

/rant

old dog

imported post

It occurs to me that O'Reilly should forgo live guests and simply use cardboard cutouts since he wants to handle both sides of any discussion. I had a professor like him once. He insisted on telling me what I meant to say, clarifying my thoughts for me.

O'Reilly's show was fairly good once but has deteriorated into a mere ego trip. If only he were as brilliant and insightful as he thinks he is. And must he continually flog his books?

1245A Defender

imported post

old dog wrote:
It occurs to me that O'Reilly should forgo live guests and simply use cardboard cutouts since he wants to handle both sides of any discussion. I had a professor like him once. He insisted on telling me what I meant to say, clarifying my thoughts for me.

O'Reilly's show was fairly good once but has deteriorated into a mere ego trip. If only he were as brilliant and insightful as he thinks he is. And must he continually flog his books?
man you say it soooo well,,, ive been a fan in the past, but hes just getting worse , leading questions , interruptions, arguing, harassing, and now hes just getting dumb.
how could the cops justify taking the only means of self defence, brutilly from a 60 yr old woman?? and bill thinks that should be OK!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

He bragged on Dave Letterman he is the only real journalist of all the fox commentators. Why because he has a degree. Which means he spent time getting indoctrinated to some extent. Maybe why his views seem to be a little warped on a few things. :lol:

Deanimator

imported post

If you want to make an impact on O'Reilly, contact Glen Beck. They've been doing events together. No matter what you may think about Beck, he appears to believe the things he says and believe in the things he says he believes. I'd bet that Beck would bring the subject up, and on air.

TFred

imported post

I suspect that a significant portion of O'Reilly's viewership was appalled at his remarks, and will let him know it.

What he chooses to read for tonight's viewer e-mail at the end of the show will tell us a lot.

TFred

Dreamer

imported post

What most of you are missing is that this whole "Right/Left" paradigm is a smokescreen.

There is NO "Right". There is no "Left". They are both just different sides of the same filthy coin. Both "sides" are working toward the same goal, just using different tactics and coming from different directions.

As the American public wakes up to this, and starts to attempt to take back gontrol og their government (with candidates like Ron Paul and Deb Medina), the tactics and rhetoric of the "puppet masters" will become more and more frenzied and their actions will become more extreme and desperate.

They know they are losing their grasp on our society, because people are waking up. They are going to start doing and saying some VERY strange and desperate things...

Twelve Months ago, Beck and O'Reilly were all for the Tea Party. They were saying it was a great thing, and that States Rights candidates like Ron Paul were going to "take back America from the Radical Left". Now that this very thing is happening, Becka and O'Reilly are demonizing the Tea PArty and States Rights movements, and are insinuating that these movements are full of dangerous, domestic terrorist-type people.

In that Oathkeepers interview, O'Reilly essentially comes out and says that he thought confiscating the firearms of law-abiding citizens, and beating up grandmothers who had legally-owned revolvers was a good thing. I think I actually threw up in my mouth a little during O'Reilly's remarks...

Which is it, Glenn and Bill? Are you FOR freedom, or AGAINST it?

The day after Deb Medina was on Glen Beck's show, both Beck and Chris Matthews (who is supposedly Beck's "Polar opposite" on MSNBC) were saying EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS about Medina--they were both accusing her of being a "911 "Truther", and having associations with radical Tea Party elements. Its like both Beck and Matthews were reading off the same teleprompter! Several of the statements they made were nearly IDENTICAL, down to the pace and phrasing they used. It was actually sort of creepy to hear the EXACT same messages coming from Fox's "far right" AND MSNBC's "far left".

Mark my words, O'Reilly and Beck are BOTH going to come out in the next few months for stricter gun laws, for increased regulation of General Aviation, and for stricter controls of the Internet. I guarantee this. The only thing I'm unsure about is how they are going to justify those positions as being "conservative". But I'm sure they will come up with some creative "doublespeak" to cover their butts.

You'd better damn well believe that the States Rights and Tea Party movements are dangerous. They are dangerous to people like Beck, O'Reilly, Matthews, and Olberman, because when the American People realize that they are nothing more than shills and whores for the people who are REALLY "pulling the strings", and that the "Right" and "Left" are just two sides to the same dirty coin, these pathetic, whorish talking heads will be out of a job, and standing in the unemployment lines like 20 percent of the American Public...

Wake up people. There is no "Right vs. Left" Don't let the media turn the People against themselves. Do NOT let them "Balkanize" the People. Do not let them conflate false tensions in the "States Rights" movement. Do NOT let them convince you that these movements are working against liberty. Don't fall for the smokescreen. We must press ahead, calmly, peacefully, and lovingly. We must hold fast to our families, our communities, and the Law of the Land. We must call these fake "journalists" out--publicly--for the whores, shills, and liars that they are.

But we must ALWAYS keep love in our hearts, peace in our minds, and the truth on our lips. The only thing these evil control-freaks hate more than our freedom is being exposed in their own lies and treachery.

Most of you out there have DVRs. Learn how to use them. Record BOTH "sides" of the news, and then watch them both. You'll be surprised to see that, these days, the "Right" and the "Left" are saying the EXACT same things on most issues, and their main message is that the American Public can't be trusted--with the 2A, the 1A, the 4A, or their computers.

Wake up, folks--you're being had. And the further they bend you over, the easier it is for them to blow smoke up your a$$...

VA Lawyer

imported post

I caught this last night and had this reaction: :banghead:

O'Reilly was really on a roll... To paraphrase: "If there is an emergency situation, the government needs to take control and should be able to disarm the citizens, impose curfews and detain people who look suspicious."

He then went on to call the Oath Keeper's spokesman "radical" for saying that people should be permitted to retain their civil liberties in an emergency situation...

Again: :banghead:

zack991

imported post

Since seeing that interview last night I will no longer be DVRing his show and becks on my cutting block as well. I enjoyed his shows till he started to side with the government knows best ideas. Beck flip flops on a number of things so it hard to tell if he is truly honest anymore. I hope he read a email from someone here and that it shows him out to be a complete moron on to the true facts about what really happened in Katrina and what US oath-keeps do.