• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why no one invades Switzerland

eye95

imported post

ComradeV wrote:
Apparently any citizen can apply for the carry permit, but self-defense by itself is not a valid reason.
So, non-Jewish citizens can get a permit just as Jewish citizens can?

eye95

imported post

ComradeV wrote:
Well you made the statement that only Jewish people could carry. That's a bold statement. I know that Israel has a lot of non-Jewish citizens. I admit that I do not know, but I cannot imagine that Israel has different carry laws for Jewish and non-Jewish citizens.

So, you kinda either need to back that statement up or make an accurate one to replace it.

VAopencarry

imported post

It is NOT easy to get a carry permit in Israel.

The Israel Dept. of the Interior makes notification to the general public the requirements necessary for the obtaining of a permit to possess a firearm:
1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of Israel for 3 consecutive years prior to making application for a firearms permit.
2. Applicant must be 21 years of age.
3. The permit request must be for personal use, not to engage in the business of firearms sales.
4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:
a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle
c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transporting a minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun
d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limited capacity magazine.
e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

West Bank and Gaza Strip Settlers:
1. A resident in a militarily strategic buffer zone, essential to the security of the State of Israel- may own 1 handgun
2. A business owner in these geographic areas- may own 1 handgun
Veterans:
1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank of noncommissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rank of regimental commander- may own 1 handgun
2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant- may own 1handgun
3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1handgun
Individuals:
Upon presenting documentation that one is about to receive a souvenir, aprize, an inheritance, or an award of appreciation from the Israelmilitary.

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/israel-firearms.htm

eye95

imported post

The requirements are strict (too strict, IMO), however I see nothing that restricts guns to Jews.