• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Specific sign is specific

sudden valley gunner

imported post

:shock:
Maybe they should have a no kicking unconscious people in the head sign.
You know cuz thugs make sure they check the local signage before committing crimes.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

It doesn't say "Stabbing Prohibited".
I've never seen this sign.

RCW 9A.36.011
Assault in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of assault in the first degree if he or she, with intent to inflict great bodily harm:

(a) Assaults another with a firearm or any deadly weapon or by any force or means likely to produce great bodily harm or death; or

(b) Administers, exposes, or transmits to or causes to be taken by another, poison, the human immunodeficiency virus as defined in chapter 70.24 RCW, or any other destructive or noxious substance; or

(c) Assaults another and inflicts great bodily harm.

(2) Assault in the first degree is a class A felony.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Maybe there was some confusion because the Bad guys saw that it wasn't specifically specified in the RCW's and continued to stab folks. So they decided that a sign that pointed out that stabbing would be an assault to avoid any confusion on the would be stabbers part.

DaemonForce

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Maybe there was some confusion because the Bad guys saw that it wasn't specifically specified in the RCW's and continued to stab folks. So they decided that a sign that pointed out that stabbing would be an assault to avoid any confusion on the would be stabbers part.
Please, they merely thought shanking doesn't qualify as the same action. :?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Well darn they might not have taken into account slang, they definitely should ad the word shanking to the sign we have to avoid any confusion here.

FMCDH

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
What about just some light "poking"?

Would that be ok? :quirky
No.

Poking leads to stabbing, it's the gateway assault.

However slashing, chopping, hacking, and sawing are perfectly legal, according to that sign. :uhoh:
O darn....:cry:

O well, thanks for the clear up. :D

Trigger Dr

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
makes me think of the gun signs i would like to see!

illegal firearms prohibited
only firearms carried under RCW 9.41.270 allowed!
violators will be prosecuted
And non-violators will be persecuted

cynicist

imported post

That's because there are people with computers who make pictures like this on photoshop or like programs. I suppose it was next to the one that said "No discharging firearms at other Metro riders. RCW somethingsomething.