• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tonight - got into it at a gas station

Guest1650

imported post

So about an hour ago, I was getting off of the freeway coming from a friends out in Thurston Co. I take the 'Outlet Mall' Exit, and I definitely needed gas. I went to Shell about a half mile down the road. My heater was blasting, and today was a gorgeous day. I had ditched my jacket in the back seat of my car- So now I am OC. I always have my sidearm in the middle of my back, In a bianchi minimalist holster. ( I carry here for a couple reasons)

1 - When carrying concealed I like to think ahead. Alot of people have become very comfortable with armed robbery over the last few years. So comfortable that people tend to get jacked while facing a 'Bad-Guy'. So when someone has a gun, knife,swoard,slingshot,brass knuckles, or a set of ninja turtle nun-chucks to my face. I will very generously reach for my .45 Instead of my wallet. All the time it looks like I'll be forking over my goods. Not. I hope my hollow point was worth the battle buddy.

2 - I don't like to print when I'm carrying concealed and I cant for the life of me stand baggy clothes.

3- I'm a very quick draw ; Right handed from my lower back.

Anyways - I went to select the gas I needed which was the 92 Octane (stupid BMW's) but the machine wouldnt turn on. I run inside to ask the attendent (while OC the whole time) I come back out and there is a suburu outback . The man pumping didnt seem to notice, Or even care as I was running back and fourth a couple times (I had to go get my keys - Left em' on the counter) . So I come back out . And I start pumping.. He strikes up short convo. about my car, the year and asks how I like it.He was super friendly . But as I turned to hang up the nozzle, and grab my gas cap off the top of the pump he goes ' HOLY SHIOT, Are you serious???!' with the tone of voice like I just robbed the place,and now my hair is on fire?

I knew what had just happend as my gun was in his total line of site. At this point he freaks out. He begins mocking me for carrying a gun in the first place. He told me that he used to be a peace officer and that is grounds for getting myself shot! He continued to tell me that he was calling the police because "it's brandishing a lethal weapon" and that 'I was violating his civil rights' I was trying to tell him the laws, the codes, and the RCWs left and right.. The guy tells me to 'Shut up so he can use his phone' Bear in mind I am in the military.. I have a high patience level but a short tolerance for assholes. I asked him politely to calm down (while he is on the phone with who I may assume was some form of dispatch) the next thing out of his mouth was our location - and that I was showing off my firearm in plain view.

What this guy does next blows me away.. He tells me he's not going to like watching the police shoot me for being a fool, Gets in his car, and LOCKS the door!!! I wanted to laugh SO incredibly hard I kept my calm, And told him I would gladly wait for the LEO's to show up. He pulls his car over to the side of the building, and I can see the light of his mobile phone casting on his face. Obviously he was making this matter even worse.. I start getting in my car.. It had been almost ten minutes I had stood there waiting, I also went inside got an energy drink, and some blistex. came back out.. I took mental note of the guys lisence plate.. ( you never know ) but after a couple more minutes. I figured.. This guy Is blowing smoke up my ass.. So I got in my car.. HE JOGS OVER TO MY WINDOW !!!!!

------As if you're not starting enough trouble right??!! Now hes running towards me!

He told me that he was taking down my make and model so he could report me if I left the " scene of the crime ".....? Crime?....What crime?... UGH!!!!

I got unlatched my seatbelt, Grabbed my wallet, and got out. I looked at him like he was the most idiotic person I have ever seen in my life! He kept asking why I had a gun, telling me I was looking for trouble.. I pulled out my military ID and CPL and practically shoved them down his throat.

He asked if I was active duty and if I was an officer.. (his temper calming now) I told him I carry for my protection, I explained that I was hot, and concealing wasnt as important as getting home safely and checking on my family. This ASS wipe tells me he was sorry, and attempts to shake my hand!!! " he said I support our troops all the way.. But you shouldnt carry that THING like that" . I say.. Like a total ass.. "so am I free to go?" he just kept saying sorry... I left.

I know you centralia Guys will relate with me when I say... WTF!!!!!! are all centralians like this..Or do I just find the winners!!! It's been almost an hour and a half now. And I havent heard from any LEO's or anyone else. I cant wait until the people like THIS stroll by our OC BBQ.

Man.. Im just incredibly irritated with the situation. I know I probably didnt handle myself in the best manner.. And I do regret my jerky tone.. But there was NO reasoning with this man.

I hope this wasnt too much to read. UGHHH

HeesBonafide

imported post

WOW!! Wish I could have been an "innocent" bystander when that happened. I would have been laughing and backed you up with a, "what's wrong?!"

Not sure as to "protocol" as far as waiting for LEO when you haven't broken any laws. Probably a good thing that you waited some. Glad it turned out ok in the end!

Guest1650

imported post

Something that did strike me as odd.. The guy got into his car when I got into mine. It was blatently obvious that he was following me for about 5-7 blocks before I put my M-power engine to work .. Not trying to have some whacko follow me :(

I guess I did break a law today.. Im sure I sped when trying to get him off my tail.

I was waiting for the lady in the gas station to come out side.. But I KNOW for a fact she saw that I had a gun. Most of the time Im in my ACU's when I see her. Im sure she knew what was probably going on, and that I was trying to handle it.

IDK.. Hurray for idiots:celebrate

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
you could have, should have called 911 your own damn self,  to tell them of his illagal harassment,  his license plate and discription.    just to cover your a55!

That's a good point; especially once he started following your car :shock:.

Machoduck

imported post

Phil, this guy's name wasn't Tuason, was it? Like from East Palo Alto, CA? :D

I suspect that the dipsnit may very well have been a former cop. From personal experience, ex cops, particularly retired cops, are the worst. They seem to know the least of anyone and yet be the biggest know-it-alls of any group. I certainly don't mean to tar all retired cops with this brush, I'm talking only about the ignoramuses I've had discussions with. The thing that makes me think this way is his total lack of understanding of WA gun laws, combined with his refusal to accept anyone else's word for anything. This behavior is unlike that of most citizens who listen at least a little bit.

Don't worry about the length of your posting. A story takes as many words as it takes to be clear. I suppose you could have left out your reasons for SOB carry but I like to read peoples reasons for the way they carry. It helps my continuing education program.

About a hundred guys will offer up all the clever things you could have said. Don't be bothered by it. We all wish we could have been there to at least watch. Your own after action review, combined with the best of the replies, will be a good guide to future responses.

MD

MD

1245A Defender

imported post

another point,,,, last thing i would do is get outta my car to confront some idiot that is confronting me because i am armed! he wants to see me get shot by the cops,, but he is dumb enough to get in the face of an armed man, just because he is armed! WTF?

DaemonForce

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I take the 'Outlet Mall' Exit, and I definitely needed gas.
As far as I see, that was your only mistake. :?

Oh and yes...All stupid Centralians are like that. You can't even get away they're so stupid. It's like getting into it with a grizzle.

phil teters wrote:
It was blatently obvious that he was following me for about 5-7 blocks before I put my M-power engine to work .. Not trying to have some whacko follow me :(

I guess I did break a law today.. Im sure I sped when trying to get him off my tail.
Acceptable! :D

heresolong

imported post

One other thing, if someone claims to be law enforcement, ask for ID. Before you show them yours. If you are skeptical about his claims, call 911 and tell them that a man claiming to be law enforcement is asking you questions. They should be able to confirm his identity.

DaemonForce

imported post

Jamfish wrote:
As a former Lewis County resident, I am ashamed.
Why? That's a rhetorical question and the answer is my fist. You're obviously not. As a former Lewis resident you managed to escape to the real world and you realize this kind of stupidity is going to continue to happenwhether you still live here or not.People are full of stupid. Here, they just bathe in it excessively. As a man you can only be ashamed of your own actions. Sinceyou no longer live here, that's automatic freedom. Relish inyour God given rightas much as you can and think not of those that condemn you for doing so.:shock:

On a completely unrelated note, I'm from Seattle. Good choice. :lol:

Guest1650

imported post

I hate how there seems to be a gathered group of people in particular areas all over the state. It's like a lingering odor that plagues law abiding citizens.. :banghead:

I slept like crap.. I was wonering if this guy was going to show his face again. (im pretty paranoid) lol!

retrodad

imported post

Slow down, DaemonForce. I was going a little tongue-in-cheek there and did a piss-poor job of it. So, no, not ashamed.

I actually relish my time growing up in Lewis County and working in my family's business (agriculture). It gave me a greater appreciation for what I have and earn up here in "the big city". Unfortunately, like the big city, the Twin Cities manage to attract the element that phil ran into.

Then again, the guy could have just been passing through.

compmanio365

imported post

Dunno exactly what I would have done, but I sure as hell wouldn't have shown him my ID.....now he has your address and personal info, no?

When it is abundantly clear that someone is so out in left field that you can't talk them into making sense, best just not to try. Ignore them best you can, do your business and leave.....if he gets confrontational or physical in any way, I'd be getting on the horn with police so it's all documented. Following me is a dangerous game, especially knowing I'm armed.....hopefully you know enough not to head straight for home, and at that point I'd definitely be on the phone with 911 if you confirm this guy was following you.....not that it seems to matter since now he knows where you live anyways. Just my thoughts on the matter. You can't really win with someone who is obviously as mentally disturbed as this fellow was.....just try to minimize your involvement with whatever delusions he's suffering as much as possible, and do what you have to in order to protect yourself.

Guest1650

imported post

My military Id doesnt diplay anothing on the front other than my name, rank and US GOV. affiliation. Im not concerened with him knowing where I live..I keep an m1014 behind my door, and my .45 with hollows next to my bed. I'll be pleased to leave the light on for him, too .

If he was a cop, and things went south.. then I guess I would have been charged with defending myself against an off the rocker -ex-officer.

DaemonForce

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I slept like crap.. I was wonering if this guy was going to show his face again. (im pretty paranoid) lol!
Just use your caveman senses to detect people that watch you. If they look at you for more than a few seconds, you'll know.

Jamfish wrote:
Slow down, DaemonForce. I was going a little tongue-in-cheek there and did a piss-poor job of it. So, no, not ashamed.
Damn right.

Jamfish wrote:
Unfortunately, like the big city, the Twin Cities manage to attract the element that phil ran into.

Then again, the guy could have just been passing through.
No this, this is a problem. You can't keep thinking this way or you're going to assume a lot of exceptions that cloud your judgement and in turn, your overall evaluation of people no matter where you go. The Twin Cities area is like a physical manifestation of the Internet in the fact that it makes you stupid. It also has an adverse effect on liberals. Anyway I'm not even an exception to this rule. If you notice, I'm no different than every other idiot that freaks about a man with a gun. My views are in the oppositedirection of the freaked out nutjob -so it's thepeople that raise hell over nothing that really set me off like said nutjob. This happens to locals and travellers every day. You can do your best to avoid drama, recite RCWs when you can't hammer a single word into their tiny heads or do your best to ignore them completely. I still can't do that last one. People tend to get physical with me so I walk a slightly more difficult road where I have to employ distraction tactics and possibly passive aggressive behavior. This guy took a mental @#$% and chased after phil for no good xxxxxxxx reason. This proves two things:

Psychological manipulation is a waste of time.
Zomg it's a local! :what:

In case you've forgotten, it's the truth. I know it because I attract the nightmare: The people that are a genuine threat. Not just to themselves but to other people. Nobody has any business chasing after an armed man. The good news is that phil didn't experience anything genuinely threatening but a lot of heartache. Get your blood pressure checked.More than likely, phil doesn't draw that kind of attention from the bad people here. Still, you can't be sure on this alone. Just keep your guns clean and more importantly, loaded!Your life will thank you. :?