• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Application Denied!?

Bogart65

imported post

For some reason my permit was denied do to law enforcement "contacts" I have no convictions for anything more than a traffic ticket or 2. What qualifies these 2 clowns to judge me? This just makes NO sense.

I have a house full of guns, yet they deem that I would be a "danger to myself or others" That is what it says. WTF?!

What do I do now? Thanks!

Wyocowboy

imported post

The first thing you may want to do is contact the LE folks and politely but frimly ask why? It may have been a case of mistaken identity. NCIC is not the great all knowing god that some people like to think it is. Mistakes do happen. That would be a place to start. Then if you find it out it was no mistake, ask why? You can't be thrown in jail just for asking why. Well, you probably can but that's a whole 'nother deal. You can then review your options and go from there.

BigUgly

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What you do now, is ..... open carry everywhere!

No permit required!

No place is 'off-limits', unless by Federal statute.

Read Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, Section 930, especially subsection (d)(3).

MatieA

imported post

BigUgly wrote:
What is the name of the Sheriff and what county?

Who is the 'other clown'?

Look at the subtitle, if I am correct he is in Laramie county and referring to Sherrif Glick, and Chief Sculzt.

I have dealt with Sherrif Glick about his deputies numerous times and he is (IMHO) verypro carry.