Thread: Just noticed an OC

Post imported post

Been lurking on this site for a while. While I do CC, I don't OC. That being said, I was in a hardware store in the Puyallup/Sumner area today and noticed an OCer. Normal looking guy with his son. For fun, I watched the patrons and employees for a few, then I had to go to my truck and ended up following him. I said "open carry .org?" We spoke for a few moments, passed my compliments on to him, did my shopping and left. Got to see him check out as well. Not an eye was blinked. Nice work sir!

I work in that town as a firefighter, I think I am going to mention OCing to some of the officers I know and get an opinion, should be interesting, as they are a great bunch of competent guys.

Post imported post

Well, was he OCDO?

If your cop friends are competent they'll know that OC is legal.

MD

Post imported post

New guy here, OCDO???? Unk what that means.

No interactions with cops, just saw reactions of store employees and patrons. Judging by how they acted, it may have been a cell phone

Post imported post

Welcome aboard !!
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Ooops. Thanks Lt., I guess that one was kinda obvious. That being said, while I am not sure, I would put money on the fact he is. While he never said so, he sure knew what the site was, and he said he carries the RCWs in his pocket. Again, nice quality guy on first impression, just what is needed out there. It seemed so normal in a hardware store. Female checker, by the way.

Thanks for the "welcome". Glad to be here!

Post imported post

My guess is that it was gogodawgs.

Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    seagravedriver wrote:
    Ooops. Thanks Lt., I guess that one was kinda obvious. That being said, while I am not sure, I would put money on the fact he is. While he never said so, he sure knew what the site was, and he said he carries the RCWs in his pocket. Again, nice quality guy on first impression, just what is needed out there. It seemed so normal in a hardware store. Female checker, by the way.

You think it's normal in that hardware store. Come to Ace Hardware in Oak Harbor and feel free to shop at their gun counter while open carrying! They have lots of ammo, quite a bit of reloading supplies and a surprising large selection of guns.
    Welcom aboard!

I didn't know Ace had a gun selection, that used to be a standard feature it seems in some of the older hardware stores.

Puyallup, could have been my brother he lurks here but doesn't post. He don't open carry too much but does have a 3 yr. old.

I have an LEO friend who lives in Puyallup although he works for another close by Police department, he is OC friendly as far as I know. But CC's off duty like most officers I know.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    My guess is that it was gogodawgs.

Nope! Not me.

I was at the BECU headquarters in Tukwila today and it was packed!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Well, looking at the facebook page, nope, none of them in front of the Starbucks. Dark hair, tats, 32 -35 yo? Probably less. White car, and that is enough of a veh. description. I do not want to get weird.

Post imported post

In my brothers age bracket was it a blond 3 yr old he had?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

I am thinking more like 4 to 5 yo. Very well mannered child.

My wife and I agree, it was just empowering to look at an honest citizen carrying open. Even though the gun was made out of tupperware:quirky

If it gets to personal, please let me know. I am new here.

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    seagravedriver wrote:

You think it's normal in that hardware store. Come to Ace Hardware in Oak Harbor and feel free to shop at their gun counter while open carrying! They have lots of ammo, quite a bit of reloading supplies and a surprising large selection of guns.
    Welcom aboard!

I didn't know Ace had a gun selection, that used to be a standard feature it seems in some of the older hardware stores.
    That lil Ace rawks.

Never seen so much useful gun stuff crammed into a 12x12' L, and the dude who runs the counter seems to know his stuff too. Plus he actually has ammo! Like, lots and lots of AMMO!
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

seagravedriver wrote:
    I am thinking more like 4 to 5 yo. Very well mannered child.

My wife and I agree, it was just empowering to look at an honest citizen carrying open. Even though the gun was made out of tupperware:quirky

If it gets to personal, please let me know. I am new here.
    Not my brother than he carries the Tangfolio .45.