• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock Armorers in NoVA

nova

imported post

Looking to replace the original plastic sights with something more durable for everyday OPEN CARRY (see, this thread is on-topic! :D ). I like the sight picture of the Glock rear sight so I'll probably replace it with the factory steel version. Not sure yet if I want a night sight up front, or just a white dot. Either way I'll replace the front with a steel sight as well (hopefully Glock so it will have the tenifer treatment). I'm thinking of just getting a replacement set from Midway for about $30 (front $15, rear $18) since I'll be ordering other stuff from them soon anways.

Any Glock armorers in NoVA that can install some Glock sights for an OCDO member?

I just talked to a couple guys at VA Arms, they can do the install for about $20 or if I buy the sights there, free install.

Thanks in advance.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

nova wrote:
Looking to replace the original plastic sights with something more durable for everyday OPEN CARRY (see, this thread is on-topic! :D ). I like the sight picture of the Glock rear sight so I'll probably replace it with the factory steel version. Not sure yet if I want a night sight up front, or just a white dot. Either way I'll replace the front with a steel sight as well (hopefully Glock so it will have the tenifer treatment). I'm thinking of just getting a replacement set from Midway for about $30 (front $15, rear $18) since I'll be ordering other stuff from them soon anways.

Any Glock armorers in NoVA that can install some Glock sights for an OCDO member?

I just talked to a couple guys at VA Arms, they can do the install for about $20 or if I buy the sights there, free install.

Thanks in advance.
Rob at Virginia Arms is a Glock Armorer. He's also a member on this site.

nova

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
nova wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Rob at Virginia Arms is a Glock Armorer. He's also a member on this site.
Him being a member and Glock Armorer is what made me drive out there today. :cool:

I'm not 100% on what I want yet though.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
The Glock Doc who does the Nation's Gun Show is the guy who did mine and he is good.
And I just missed it last weekend!

Next show is late April :(

230therapy

imported post

VA Arms does all my Glocks. Rob usually does the work.

No sight has come off in the 10-12 years or so I've been their customer. Besides, if it does come off, they'll put it back on.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the kind words guys.  :)

If you need sights installed I can do Glocks, SIGs, M&Ps, Springfield XDs (including the XDM) some 1911s, HKs and a few other guns.  Most are 5-10min job, XDs are overnight (they're a real bear to get the old ones off and many times the old ones are destroyed in the process).

If you talk to me personally and mention to me that you're from OpenCarry.org or VCDL the sight installation or adjustment is totally free of charge, even if the sights or pistol was not purchased at VA Arms.  Be sure that I ring you up (if you're buying stuff) as the other guys might not know I offer this discount.

My schedule is Mon-Fri 10am-7pm (lunch for me is from 2pm-3pm).

I'm a certified armorer for Glock, S&W M&P, SIG-Sauer, FNH SCAR, Bushmaster, HK USP/P2000/P30/HK45

Thanks,
Robb Jensen
703.368.3949 ext 11

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Come by the shop if you have had them done yet, we can do it no charge for you my friend.

nova

imported post

Wow now that's some service! Two places no less.

I just need to decide what I want to do first...

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FWIW I've never had to file Glock rear sights. I do lube them up with Weaponshield or Miltec-1 before intalling Glock rear sights. I've installed over 1.5K sets of sights on Glocks.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

gotm4 wrote:
FWIW I've never had to file Glock rear sights. I do lube them up with Weaponshield or Miltec-1 before intalling Glock rear sights. I've installed over 1.5K sets of sights on Glocks.
Whoops. I was talking about Hunter45's Kimber 1911. I assumed that that is what he wanted the sights installed on.

nova

imported post

Since I don't know how long this will be my EDC, I'm probably going to just replace the plastic sights with Glock's steel versions of the same. I read that Glock has a screw-on white dot front to go along with the steel rear sight, I'll probably go that route. Do I just call up Glock to order? I read I need a special order form to mail to them. Front and rear are supposed to be about $30 shipped as of last summer.