• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Firearms Freedom Act Introduced!

idahoguy84

imported post

An Idaho version of the FFA was introduced in the Idaho House of Representatives today(2/19/2010) by Rep. Dick Harwood of St. Maries. Text of the bill is available at: [url]http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2010/H0589.htm [/url]

The bill provides that "A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Idaho and that remains within the borders of Idaho is not subject to federal law or federal regulation,including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce."

The Idaho Statesman has a short blurb here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/idahopolitics/story/1085882.html.

Article1section23

imported post

[align=left](7) In enacting this law, the Idaho legislators are declaring their[/align]

intention of Idaho becoming the freest state in the Union.

I don't think so...but you are trying...look at New Hampshire for the correct wording to use.

And, yes, MO needs to have their wording changed also...contacted reps to make it happen.

Gizmoe142

imported post

THis is a very good start and I would like to see this get passed.

that being said I owuld also like to see a provision in the about punishment for those who try to enforce federal laws on Idaho Made Firearms, Accessories and Ammunition. Like the ones in Wyoming's.

" 6-8-405. Offenses and penalties; defense of Wyoming
22 citizens.
5 HB0095
2010 STATE OF WYOMING 10LSO-0274
1 (a) Any public servant of the state of Wyoming, as
defined in W.S. 6-5-101, who enforces or attempts to
3 enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of
4 the United States government relating to a personal
5 firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is
6 manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that
7 remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be
8 guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be
9 subject to imprisonment for not more than one (1) year, a
10 fine of not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00), or
11 both.
13 (b) Any official, agent or employee of the United
14 States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any
act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United
16 States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm
17 accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially
18 or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within
19 the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty of a felony and,
20 upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not
more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than ten
22 thousand dollars ($10,000.00), or both."

But overall a good start, good to see that some of our letters to the congressmen payed off