Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

Post imported post

So let's suspend the 2nd Amendment during a state of emergency?!?! This is when law abiding citizens need them the most!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po8LLjIlDw

Post imported post

Bill O'Reilly has always been the biggest jerk on Faux News.And for the samereason why conservatives have no intellectual muscle in the modern day: he places "law and order" above freedom.

And to boot, he's an obnoxious personality.

At the end of the video, he says that if soldiers disobey lawful orders, there will be anarchy.

Perhaps he needs to look at the irony in that sort of thinking: the government agents must disobey the law in order to establish law.

ETA: The title of "Biggest Fox Jerk" is in dispute; Sean Hannity is the other ass in the running.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Not trying to make a point, just want to bridge the conversation: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/38559.html

Post imported post

Mr O'Reilly You sir are a pinhead!

Rethink your stand!

Post imported post

Wonderer wrote:
    Mr O'Reilly You sir are a pinhead!

Rethink your stand!
    I concur wholeheartedly. I used to watch O'Reilly all the time, I've since ceased because I think he's way too soft on his political outlook.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Tomahawk, I might have missed something but it seems to me that in the excitement of addressing O's jerk status (abundantly true) you let him get away with the biggest lie of his whole position. That if soldiers disobey "lawful" orders there will be anarchy. The whole point seems to be that the orders (unconstitutional) aren't lawful orders to start with. He, as usual, obfuscates the truth by sneaking his outrageous opinion in as a fact (which it isn't).

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Some of us were required to disobey/disregard/correct technically incorrect orders and anarchy did not reign.

Post imported post

Sent an e-mail, we'll see if any e-mails make it on the air pointing out his mistake.

Post imported post

buzzsaw wrote:
    Tomahawk, I might have missed something but it seems to me that in the excitement of addressing O's jerk status (abundantly true) you let him get away with the biggest lie of his whole position. That if soldiers disobey "lawful" orders there will be anarchy. The whole point seems to be that the orders (unconstitutional) aren't lawful orders to start with. He, as usual, obfuscates the truth by sneaking his outrageous opinion in as a fact (which it isn't).
    I thought that's what I meant to say.

Following an"unlawful" order is an act of anarchy.

That's the funny thing about anarchy; the worst kind of anarchy is caused by government and its agents.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

O'Reillyis not a conservative, he's a moderate. Heck, he's not even a good Catholic.

I can't say anything good about him really, so I'm not surprised byany anti-gun positions he may hold.

--John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

As others have noted, it is doubtful he will even see most of the e-mail he gets on this subject, but I had to send something. It's way long for reading on-air, but hopefully, someone will get the message.

TFred

Bill,

In many years of viewing The Factor, you have never been more wrong about an issue than you are about the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms from citizens during a time of crisis.

I know you appreciate things simple so here are the three major reasons you're wrong.

1. Criminals, looters and thugs will not surrender their weapons. ONLY law-abiding citizens will comply with the authorities.

2. In a time of crisis, the authorities are certain to be overwhelmed and unable to provide even a minimal amount of protection to unarmed citizens. This leaves citizens on their own to defend their lives and the lives of their loved ones from the still-well-armed criminals, looters and thugs. Only now, they have no tools with which to do so.

3. Court review of such action takes years. There are still yet ongoing investigations stemming from the ILLEGAL gun confiscation after Katrina. The US Congress was so angry about that action that within 13 months of Katrina, the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006" was signed into law by President Bush, forbidding the confiscation of legally possessed firearms during a disaster. Ask your research staff to give you a report on what happened to Patricia Konie.

Bill, you CLAIM to watch out for the folks. This is one case where you are clearly not doing that at all, not even a little bit.

name and town, name and town, name and town

Post imported post

One thing I can say for O'Reilly: He told Al Franken to shut the hell up once in a debate (where Franken was interrupting after having already gone way over his own time) and the little nebbish shut. I would like to see O'Reilly smack the living %^$# out of Senator Franken.

Other than that, O'Reilly is really just a picket-fence Irish blowhard. My congressman is also one. His name is Jim "Bugs" Moran. And I bet if you got Bugs and Bill drunk you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them (because they would beat each other beyond recognition and then buddy up at the bar again).

Post imported post

Someone on another forum suggested that the emergency powers clause should be used to take away O'Reilly's pen, typewriter, computer, press card, etc.- wonder what he thinks (if possible for a pinhead) about that.

Post imported post

O'Reilly's no different than Chris Matthews, both are blowhards who just want to get someone on their show to browbeat them. And both need a punch in the mouth!

I dont understand why the folks who're being "interviewed" by lamers like O'Reilly and Matthews put up with the endlessintteruptions. I'd end it after the first intteruption.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

"Quote "O'Reilly is really just a picket-fence Irish blowhard."

do I sense a bit of anti -Irish in your statement hope not !!!

ethnic and race baiting are not excepted on this site

sprat

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

sprat wrote:
    "Quote "O'Reilly is really just a picket-fence Irish blowhard."

do I sense a bit of anti -Irish in your statement hope not !!!

ethnic and race baiting are not excepted on this site

sprat
    Ethinic? Race?

Irish?

Post imported post

yep

for the uninformed its the Irish race as in Celtic race, as in non anglo-saxon, as in

folks who do not sit in bars and beat each other up and then become friends

sprat

Post imported post

My ethnic background is mainly Irish and German with 1/8 Cherokee thrown in. I am a huge fam of P.J. O'Rourke who is about as Irish as you can get and still be a native born American, and I am pretty sure he would describe O'Reilly and Bugs the same way I did.

So no, I wasn't making any ethnic generalizations, just pointing out that O'Reilly and Bugs Moran are a couple of buffoonish stereotypes. Sorry if I stepped on any toes.

Post imported post

O'Reilly is nothing but an elitist. He wouldn't even let the Oath Keepers guy finish talking. Just another reason why I don't watch Bill.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Huck,

I think thatmasculine Rachel Maddow and effeminate Kieth Oblermann would love to punch O'Reilly out. Those two naive liberals wouldn't have a show if they didn't have O'Reilly to criticize every day...seems like O'Reilly gets voted "worst person" regularly on Olbermann's show.

How incredibly boring and predictable those two are...

-- John D.

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    Huck,

I think thatmasculine Rachel Maddow and effeminate Kieth Oblermann would love to punch O'Reilly out. Those two naive liberals wouldn't have a show if they didn't have O'Reilly to criticize every day...seems like O'Reilly gets voted "worst person" regularly on Olbermann's show.

-- John D.

Somebody actually watches Olbermann? Whenever I run across his show, crickets begin to chirp until I change the channell!!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

But you DO watch Maddow?

No, I don't/can't watch their shows (the urge to bitch-slap both of them repeatedly becomes overwhelming), so like you I'm just clicking on through the channels too. But IMO, you need to know the enemy, not just so they can be identified NOW, but also in order to take names for dealing with them AFTER the revolution, as they so justly deserve. After all, they're EARNING such attention NOW, so remember that for LATER.

-- John D.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    Huck,

-- John D.
    I'm pretty sure they don't mention Bill O'Reilly every day let alone criticize him... well, at least Rachel Maddow, I don't really watch Keith Oberman.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Bill O'Reilly has always been the biggest jerk on Faux News.And for the samereason why conservatives have no intellectual muscle in the modern day: he places "law and order" above freedom.

And to boot, he's an obnoxious personality.

At the end of the video, he says that if soldiers disobey lawful orders, there will be anarchy.

Perhaps he needs to look at the irony in that sort of thinking: the government agents must disobey the law in order to establish law.

ETA: The title of "Biggest Fox Jerk" is in dispute; Sean Hannity is the other ass in the running.
    It's official. Bill O'Reilly is a statist authoritarian punk. He has no concept of a constitutional government, nor a bill of rights.

Post imported post

I'm beginning to wonder what is going on over at FoxNews ... a couple of weekends ago I was watching Fox & Friends and I believe it was Allison Cameratta and that one guy that has been guest hosting while Brian Kilmeade was gone were talking about the cell phones and how one of the government agencies was wanting the cell phone companies to provide user information to them which included lon/lat information.

It absolutely floored me that both thought nothing of advocating the government having this information under the guise of "if I am not a criminal involved in criminal activity, then what do I care whether the gov. can find me at any time."

I am still so physically ill from this that I cannot even write an email to the station to complain about the blase attitude over government intrusion and violation of our rights.

Then, I watched Bill and the OathTakers, well, Bill hasn't got a clue and has definitely not done the proper research to understand why this organization is a good one. Perhaps if someone had said "no", the Mei-Lei Massacre might not have happened. Or the 4 at Kent State might not have died.

Brother-in-law was still in the Ok. Nat. Guard when the riot took place at McAllester State Prison and he was on the wall above rioting prisoners who had full access to all the prison guards' armory. With an M-16 in his hands. AND NO BULLITS!

Oh, and what about the enlisted who are incarcerated over the Abu Graib crap ... either they were given an illegal order (which they should have disobeyed), or they never should have been convicted! And I won't even go into the interference between the commanding general and her subordinates because evidently she couldn't protect her subordinates from being suborned.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast