• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

Tomahawk

imported post

Bill O'Reilly has always been the biggest jerk on Faux News.And for the samereason why conservatives have no intellectual muscle in the modern day: he places "law and order" above freedom.

And to boot, he's an obnoxious personality.

At the end of the video, he says that if soldiers disobey lawful orders, there will be anarchy.

Perhaps he needs to look at the irony in that sort of thinking: the government agents must disobey the law in order to establish law.

ETA: The title of "Biggest Fox Jerk" is in dispute; Sean Hannity is the other ass in the running.

buzzsaw

imported post

Tomahawk, I might have missed something but it seems to me that in the excitement of addressing O's jerk status (abundantly true) you let him get away with the biggest lie of his whole position. That if soldiers disobey "lawful" orders there will be anarchy. The whole point seems to be that the orders (unconstitutional) aren't lawful orders to start with. He, as usual, obfuscates the truth by sneaking his outrageous opinion in as a fact (which it isn't).

Tomahawk

imported post

buzzsaw wrote:
Tomahawk, I might have missed something but it seems to me that in the excitement of addressing O's jerk status (abundantly true) you let him get away with the biggest lie of his whole position. That if soldiers disobey "lawful" orders there will be anarchy. The whole point seems to be that the orders (unconstitutional) aren't lawful orders to start with. He, as usual, obfuscates the truth by sneaking his outrageous opinion in as a fact (which it isn't).

I thought that's what I meant to say.

Following an"unlawful" order is an act of anarchy.

That's the funny thing about anarchy; the worst kind of anarchy is caused by government and its agents.

TFred

imported post

As others have noted, it is doubtful he will even see most of the e-mail he gets on this subject, but I had to send something. It's way long for reading on-air, but hopefully, someone will get the message.

TFred

Bill,

In many years of viewing The Factor, you have never been more wrong about an issue than you are about the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms from citizens during a time of crisis.

I know you appreciate things simple so here are the three major reasons you're wrong.

1. Criminals, looters and thugs will not surrender their weapons. ONLY law-abiding citizens will comply with the authorities.

2. In a time of crisis, the authorities are certain to be overwhelmed and unable to provide even a minimal amount of protection to unarmed citizens. This leaves citizens on their own to defend their lives and the lives of their loved ones from the still-well-armed criminals, looters and thugs. Only now, they have no tools with which to do so.

3. Court review of such action takes years. There are still yet ongoing investigations stemming from the ILLEGAL gun confiscation after Katrina. The US Congress was so angry about that action that within 13 months of Katrina, the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006" was signed into law by President Bush, forbidding the confiscation of legally possessed firearms during a disaster. Ask your research staff to give you a report on what happened to Patricia Konie.

Bill, you CLAIM to watch out for the folks. This is one case where you are clearly not doing that at all, not even a little bit.

name and town, name and town, name and town

Alexcabbie

imported post

One thing I can say for O'Reilly: He told Al Franken to shut the hell up once in a debate (where Franken was interrupting after having already gone way over his own time) and the little nebbish shut. I would like to see O'Reilly smack the living %^$# out of Senator Franken.

Other than that, O'Reilly is really just a picket-fence Irish blowhard. My congressman is also one. His name is Jim "Bugs" Moran. And I bet if you got Bugs and Bill drunk you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them (because they would beat each other beyond recognition and then buddy up at the bar again).

ne1

imported post

Someone on another forum suggested that the emergency powers clause should be used to take away O'Reilly's pen, typewriter, computer, press card, etc.- wonder what he thinks (if possible for a pinhead) about that.

Huck

imported post

O'Reilly's no different than Chris Matthews, both are blowhards who just want to get someone on their show to browbeat them. And both need a punch in the mouth!

I dont understand why the folks who're being "interviewed" by lamers like O'Reilly and Matthews put up with the endlessintteruptions. I'd end it after the first intteruption.

sprat

imported post

"Quote "O'Reilly is really just a picket-fence Irish blowhard."

do I sense a bit of anti -Irish in your statement hope not !!!

ethnic and race baiting are not excepted on this site

sprat

sprat

imported post

yep

for the uninformed its the Irish race as in Celtic race, as in non anglo-saxon, as in

folks who do not sit in bars and beat each other up and then become friends

sprat

Alexcabbie

imported post

My ethnic background is mainly Irish and German with 1/8 Cherokee thrown in. I am a huge fam of P.J. O'Rourke who is about as Irish as you can get and still be a native born American, and I am pretty sure he would describe O'Reilly and Bugs the same way I did.

So no, I wasn't making any ethnic generalizations, just pointing out that O'Reilly and Bugs Moran are a couple of buffoonish stereotypes. Sorry if I stepped on any toes.

Diesel23

imported post

O'Reilly is nothing but an elitist. He wouldn't even let the Oath Keepers guy finish talking. Just another reason why I don't watch Bill.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Huck,

I think thatmasculine Rachel Maddow and effeminate Kieth Oblermann would love to punch O'Reilly out. Those two naive liberals wouldn't have a show if they didn't have O'Reilly to criticize every day...seems like O'Reilly gets voted "worst person" regularly on Olbermann's show.

How incredibly boring and predictable those two are...

-- John D.