• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill O'Reilly Defends Illegal Seizures of Firearms

Alexcabbie

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Huck,

I think thatmasculine Rachel Maddow and effeminate Kieth Oblermann would love to punch O'Reilly out. Those two naive liberals wouldn't have a show if they didn't have O'Reilly to criticize every day...seems like O'Reilly gets voted "worst person" regularly on Olbermann's show.

How incredibly boring and predictable those two are...

-- John D.
Somebody actually watches Olbermann? Whenever I run across his show, crickets begin to chirp until I change the channell!!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

But you DO watch Maddow? :D

No, I don't/can't watch their shows (the urge to bitch-slap both of them repeatedly becomes overwhelming), so like you I'm just clicking on through the channels too. But IMO, you need to know the enemy, not just so they can be identified NOW, but also in order to take names for dealing with them AFTER the revolution, as they so justly deserve. After all, they're EARNING such attention NOW, so remember that for LATER.

;)

-- John D.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Huck,

I think thatmasculine Rachel Maddow and effeminate Kieth Oblermann would love to punch O'Reilly out. Those two naive liberals wouldn't have a show if they didn't have O'Reilly to criticize every day...seems like O'Reilly gets voted "worst person" regularly on Olbermann's show.

How incredibly boring and predictable those two are...

-- John D.
I'm pretty sure they don't mention Bill O'Reilly every day let alone criticize him... well, at least Rachel Maddow, I don't really watch Keith Oberman.

Statesman

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Bill O'Reilly has always been the biggest jerk on Faux News.And for the samereason why conservatives have no intellectual muscle in the modern day: he places "law and order" above freedom.

And to boot, he's an obnoxious personality.

At the end of the video, he says that if soldiers disobey lawful orders, there will be anarchy.

Perhaps he needs to look at the irony in that sort of thinking: the government agents must disobey the law in order to establish law.

ETA: The title of "Biggest Fox Jerk" is in dispute; Sean Hannity is the other ass in the running.
It's official. Bill O'Reilly is a statist authoritarian punk. He has no concept of a constitutional government, nor a bill of rights.

okboomer

imported post

I'm beginning to wonder what is going on over at FoxNews ... a couple of weekends ago I was watching Fox & Friends and I believe it was Allison Cameratta and that one guy that has been guest hosting while Brian Kilmeade was gone were talking about the cell phones and how one of the government agencies was wanting the cell phone companies to provide user information to them which included lon/lat information.

It absolutely floored me that both thought nothing of advocating the government having this information under the guise of "if I am not a criminal involved in criminal activity, then what do I care whether the gov. can find me at any time."

I am still so physically ill from this that I cannot even write an email to the station to complain about the blase attitude over government intrusion and violation of our rights.

Then, I watched Bill and the OathTakers, well, Bill hasn't got a clue and has definitely not done the proper research to understand why this organization is a good one. Perhaps if someone had said "no", the Mei-Lei Massacre might not have happened. Or the 4 at Kent State might not have died.

Brother-in-law was still in the Ok. Nat. Guard when the riot took place at McAllester State Prison and he was on the wall above rioting prisoners who had full access to all the prison guards' armory. With an M-16 in his hands. AND NO BULLITS!

Oh, and what about the enlisted who are incarcerated over the Abu Graib crap ... either they were given an illegal order (which they should have disobeyed), or they never should have been convicted! And I won't even go into the interference between the commanding general and her subordinates because evidently she couldn't protect her subordinates from being suborned.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Maybe the Government wants to find you so they can give you "Obama cash from Obama's stash"?

Not bloody likely.

Now if some felon, robber, kidnapper, etc is so stupid as to have a cell phone in his posession and turned on, I would be okay with an expidited warrant for the location info. But just push a couple of buttons and know where some random Joe Doakes is just because they want to know? In that case, people in Hell want ice water.

buster81

imported post

Maybe Billy O needs to read this study by the St. Clair County (Michigan) Sheriff's office regarding oath and ethics. Among the informationin thiswith regard to the oath taken by officers:

Q5a: Do you remember what was said in the oath? No - 24%

Q7: Have you read the American Constitution? No - 20%

Q8: Do you know what the Constitution contains? No - 25%

Q9: Do you know what the first 10 amendments to the Constitution are know as? No -9%

Q11: Do you know any law that is unconstitutional? Yes - 35%

Q12: If you thought that a legal law or ordinance was obviously in conflict with the American Constitution, would yourstillenforce the law? Yes - 72%

Q13: If ordered by supervisor, to enforce unconstitutional law, would you? Yes - 88%

http://www.emich.edu/cerns/downloads/papers/PoliceStaff/Unsorted/OATH%20&%20ETHICS.pdf

Ca Patriot

imported post

O'Reily is a good man. He isnt hard core gun rights but thats okay. He isnt calling for any anti-gun legislation.

UtahProf

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
O'Reily is a good man. He isnt hard core gun rights but thats okay. He isnt calling for any anti-gun legislation.
O'Reily is a fence straddler ... in my world, you are either with me or against me - you can't have it both ways - fence straddling is one of the primary things wrong with this country.

Tomahawk

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
No, he is a statist. He says he is pro-RKBA, unless the government says otherwise, then he is pro-government.

UtahProf

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Fear of error, Prof, as I imagine you've found in your classes. A good error is better than a bad but correct answer.
Yes, in general you are correct but I am not the average Liberal Professor ... I get in trouble for things I say in class all the time - but my integrity is intact :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

UtahProf wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Fear of error, Prof, as I imagine you've found in your classes. A good error is better than a bad but correct answer.
Yes, in general you are correct but I am not the average Liberal Professor ... I get in trouble for things I say in class all the time - but my integrity is intact :)
But than again you are a professor in Utah. And they get a big fat 0 on the Brady list.

UtahProf

imported post

SWFL Oath Keepers wrote:
Only a Marxist, Fascist or Communist would feel threatened by a soldier or law enforcement officer re-affirming their oath to the Constitution.
Amen to that ...

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

SWFL Oath Keepers wrote:
Only a Marxist, Fascist or Communist would feel threatened by a soldier or law enforcement officer re-affirming their oath to the Constitution.
Um, I would think they would feel threatened by a soldier or LEO suddenly affirming their oath to the Constitution when they had their fingers crossed the first time. Reaffirmation when the oath has never been broken would come as no surprise.