• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a Triad OC dinner?

ColtraneM3

imported post

I've seen threads for the Raleigh and Jacksonville dinners, and I would love to attend one, but being 19 and jobless doesn't get you very far down the road with today's gas prices.

Would anyone like to help organize one in the Triad area? I'm new to these parts so I don't really feel qualified to head things up, but I'd certainly be the first person on the list of attendees!

Kivuli

imported post

We've had a couple at Prissy Polly's in Kernersville, but I think we forgot to set one up after the last one. Now seems like as good a time as any! Any suggestions on a day?

Kivuli

imported post

You'll have to put me down as tentative for that date. There's a 50/50 shot I'll be visiting friends in Virginia that weekend.

jag06

imported post

I should be able to make it on the 12th, march is going to be busy for me and I think thats one of the few fridays I will be in town.

hotrod08

imported post

I was coming when It was the 11th but I wont be able to come the 12th So I guess I will make the next one....

hotrod08

imported post

Wait never mind I just reread the email that was the cary meet Sorry.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Here's an idea I had that I wanted to run by you guys....

Why not call WGHP-FOX8 & invite them to our meetup dinner? Right now gun rights/control issues are a hot button item in the press, between the whole Brady-Starbucks thing as well as the SCOTUS taking on the Chicago handgun ban, so the local media could very well bite on this as a story idea. This could be a GREAT opportunity to possibly get some POSITIVE press.

Why not let the local public get a look at just what kind of people the OC'ers REALLY are? Let them see that we are mature, responsible, law-abiding citizens & not the bunch of crazy militant wannabe cowboys that the Brady bunch wants to make us out to be.

As I am still relatively new here, I figured it would be good to run this idea through the committee before taking action in the name of the Triad-area OCDO members.

What do you think?

ColtraneM3

imported post

That's an interesting idea, though I doubt we could control the way they'd spin the story... I would hope nobody would mistreat it, but at the same time we have a practically 50/50 chance that they'd market us as some kind of extremist group or some nonsense, knowing the media...

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

ColtraneM3 wrote:
That's an interesting idea, though I doubt we could control the way they'd spin the story... I would hope nobody would mistreat it, but at the same time we have a practically 50/50 chance that they'd market us as some kind of extremist group or some nonsense, knowing the media...
The general public already views OC'ers as some kind of extremist group, so we have nothing to lose & everything to gain, eh?