• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

total firearms,mason.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i hate to just rip on businesses,gun shops especially.

but total firearms has just been pushin my buttons for too long.

firstly,no customer carry,CC and OC both,from what i was told by them.

they have refusedto sell people i know .22LR ammo stating that it is only for sale to those that are 21+ even after being informed that it was for a long arm,which was even purchased previously at that store.

if your under 21 you must be accompanied by somebody 21+ to the range,this includes those 18-20 that legally own handguns.

very expensive,poor service and they arent wellversed in the laws regarding what they sell!

im not trying to start a debate here,i was wondering about any of yall's dealings with them.

maybe with some public negative feedback they will work on improving the business.

i drive well out of my way,or just order online instead of dealing with them now.

on one positive note for them though,they DID post a flier for the 2nd amendment march that i gave them.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i hate to just rip on businesses,gun shops especially.
You're late to the party on this one...it's a common occurrence.
but total firearms has just been pushin my buttons for too long.
Vote with your wallet and go elsewhere.
firstly,no customer carry,CC and OC both,from what i was told by them.
What did you expect, they own Michigan Gun Shows.
they have refusedto sell people i know .22LR ammo stating that it is only for sale to those that are 21+ even after being informed that it was for a long arm,which was even purchased previously at that store.
They are a FFL and are required by law (Federal) not to sell pistol ammo to those under 21. The "it's for a rifle" thing was wore out long ago.
if your under 21 you must be accompanied by somebody 21+ to the range,this includes those 18-20 that legally own handguns.
See all of the above.
very expensive,poor service and they arent wellversed in the laws regarding what they sell!
Don't know, I've never been there.

im not trying to start a debate here,i was wondering about any of yall's dealings with them.
Don't know, I've never been there.

maybe with some public negative feedback they will work on improving the business.
Anythings possible, but I highly doubt it will have any significant effects in this case.
i drive well out of my way,or just order online instead of dealing with them now.
On-line
on one positive note for them though,they DID post a flier for the 2nd amendment march that i gave them.
They didn't require a parent or legal guardian to do so? :lol:

G

imported post

Take mom or dad with you next time and you won't have any problems.

I see nothing wrong with a business following the law. Especially when it comes to dealings with minors.

When you come of age, you'll be able to complain about a business not letting you carry a gun in their establishment. Until then, have an adult take care of business for you.

office888

imported post

.22 LR = .22 LONG RIFLE.

It's not pistol ammo.

Take your business elsewhere.

I kinda wanna be 18 again, and go buy 5.56 ammo..as i'm leaving the store, scream out "PSYCHE, IT'S FOR MY 7" AR15 PISTOL!" and run out. :D

Federal ammo age law is unbelievably dumb.

-Richard-

maahes

imported post

I OC there every time I go, only once was something said. The one time an older gentleman that worked there tried to tell me Ingham had ordinances against OC, I laughed, quickly explained pre-emption and how Ive been over ordinances for surrounding areas with a fine tooth comb finding no such ordinance and continued shopping.

Appart from the standard "holier than thou" attitude most gun shops have, they are pretty standard. I have had issues special ordering things from them, on 3 special orders only one of them wasnt cancelled and refunded due to beingg 4+ months late and still hadnt shown up. On one of those that was refunded I was called 2 months later "your rifle is here and since your all paid up you can come pick it up anytime.":banghead:

While they are slightly over priced normally, Ive found going in the week before or after a big gunshow you can haggle a better deal.

Their range is hella expensive though.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

maahes wrote:
I OC there every time I go, only once was something said. The one time an older gentleman that worked there tried to tell me Ingham had ordinances against OC, I laughed, quickly explained pre-emption and how Ive been over ordinances for surrounding areas with a fine tooth comb finding no such ordinance and continued shopping.

Appart from the standard "holier than thou" attitude most gun shops have, they are pretty standard. I have had issues special ordering things from them, on 3 special orders only one of them wasnt cancelled and refunded due to beingg 4+ months late and still hadnt shown up. On one of those that was refunded I was called 2 months later "your rifle is here and since your all paid up you can come pick it up anytime.":banghead:

While they are slightly over priced normally, Ive found going in the week before or after a big gunshow you can haggle a better deal.

Their range is hella expensive though.
I looked at their website and it appears they have a very nice showroom/display and range.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Does federal law place any age restriction on ammunition sellers and purchasers?
Under federal law, it is illegal to sell (1) long gun ammunition to anyone under age 18 and (2) handgun ammunition to anyone under age 21 (18 USC 922(b)(1), 27 CFR 478. 99(b)). According to BATF, a licensee may sell interchangeable ammunition such as a . 22 cal. rimfire to a person less than age 21 (but age 18 or older) if the dealer is satisfied that the ammunition is for use in a rifle. If the ammunition is intended for use in a handgun, the 21-year-old minimum age requirement applies.

I can't seem to find anything but summaries. IIRC the actual bill/law says its for ammo that can "only be used in", which would change everything, but as i said, it has eluded me so far!:cuss:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Take mom or dad with you next time and you won't have any problems.

I see nothing wrong with a business following the law. Especially when it comes to dealings with minors.

When you come of age, you'll be able to complain about a business not letting you carry a gun in their establishment. Until then, have an adult take care of business for you.
Perhaps, but I've had problems with Total firearms, and the owners also do all the gun and knife show in the state and they havethis "I'm better than you" attitudes.

I won't go there anymore and they have the closest indoor range to me and I'm no teenager.

dukenukum

imported post

they tried to rip my dad off, He needed work on a browning bolt action rifle they said it could not be fixed no parts available blah blah but we will give you 50 bucks for it for parts. went to Dick Williams near Flint cost more to drive there than the work.

lil_freak_66

imported post

went to classic arms today(northside of lansing)

to buy ammo and targets,also to inquire about OC,and give an OC is friendly sticker if they were ok with OC.

...they already had one of our OC friendly business stickers posted,but i didnt see them in the OC friendly places list that we have,explanations anyone?????

i LOVE classic,kind've a mom and pops type deal,the only thing i dont like is that its like 12 bucks for the exact same ammo i get at total or walmart,but i usually get some free targets with ammo purchase,and the service is way better.

also seen a nice guy there that looked almost exactly like mikestilly,he pointed out to me that my cash had fallen out of my pocket.

budlight

imported post

Tell them to get over themselves and take your business else where. On a side note if the largest retailer in the world will sell an 18 year old .22 ammo for his rifle then they need to re-think their business tactics. It's ok for them to ask what it is for, but if you tell them rifle the sale is legal. Guess they don't need the sales??? Walmart will be happy to take their business.

maahes

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
went to classic arms today(northside of lansing)

to buy ammo and targets,also to inquire about OC,and give an OC is friendly sticker if they were ok with OC.

...they already had one of our OC friendly business stickers posted,but i didnt see them in the OC friendly places list that we have,explanations anyone?????

i LOVE classic,kind've a mom and pops type deal,the only thing i dont like is that its like 12 bucks for the exact same ammo i get at total or walmart,but i usually get some free targets with ammo purchase,and the service is way better.

also seen a nice guy there that looked almost exactly like mikestilly,he pointed out to me that my cash had fallen out of my pocket.

Love that store. With all the piss poor gun shops around Lansing, Classic Arms is a shinning beacon for the industry. During the warm months I like to stop in there for targets before heading up to shoot at the DNR range near Bath. Ends up being a long lunch break when I stop there, chit chat, then go shoot lol.
When I first got my M&P compact I went in there for a holster, we went through almost every holster they had before finding one that fit. Excellent customer service.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i like the dnr range you mentioned,i shoot that area often,though i usually just go in the public hunting areas with targets now.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I won't shop at Guns Galore in Fenton Michigan for the same reasons, they are ALWAYS penisheads when I used to go there.

I guess you should expect it in a town like Fenton though.