• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Providence St Vincent Hospital

GSXRrider

imported post

I was at the Providence St Vincent hospital last night and before I got out of the car I locked my gun up thinking there would be no firearms signs posted. And I believe it's private property. But when I did walk in, there were no signs anywhere about firearms. Just no smoking signs.

bldsmith

imported post

Look carefully. I do not know about Providence, but at Kaiser in Salem I CC'd cause I did not see the no weapons sign. Upon exiting I saw the sign tucked way down in the corner of the door.

freak21

imported post

I don't look for un-obvious tiny print sign's posted in BS locations. If it's obvious then I follow it. If it's not then they can ask me to leave.

If they where serious about wanting us to follow a sign than it should be readable and posted where there would be no claim of "not seeing it".

GSXRrider

imported post

I took a pretty good look all over the glass sliding doors and all I could see were 'no smoking' stickers along with the 'caution automatic door' stickers.

We-the-People

imported post

jennytainer wrote:
You better take an extra careful to the place, the hospital might really be a private property, there should be a "no gun area". Anyway, it is better to check the guard and ask him if a gun is not allowed in the area.

Private property or not, signs or not, it's not illegal for a CHL holder to carry at a hospital unless they are "trespassed". Now if you're open carrying (with a CHL) and there's an obvious sign......well.....it's not illegal, but you will most likely be trespassed.

On the other hand, are there truly any PRIVATE hospitals left? Don't they all take state and federal money thus making them publicly funded (and therefore not truly private property)?

Any REAL lawyers know the answer to that one?

tloudermilk

imported post

I was a security officer at St V's for 2 years and they do allow carry as long as it is concealed. They do have weapons lockers and I would wear my gun to work in the door and store it in the lockers until the end of my shift as we were not armed officers.