Thread: is it a legal open carry if...

Post imported post

IS it a legal open carry if the gun is partially concealed? Like if I had an IWB holster, but tucked my shirt in around it the holster so the back part of the slide and handle were still visibly shown?

On the Wisconsincarry.org website the picture of the guy and the girl, show the girl doing this type of carry, but is it legal? I don't mean to critize the website in anyway (i'm a member) or single them out, but I just saw that picture and was confused. I am new to open carry rules and regulation. So I thought someone could clarify for me. Thanks

_TrevoR_

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

You ought to ask there. But, the law prohibits concealment and does not specify what is open carry.

What you may/can be harassed for is up to the law enFORCEment officer, the hair he's got sideways in the crack of his ass and how long since his ashes were hauled.

Post imported post

You can see for certain that it's a gun, right? Then it's not concealed. She has just as much of her gun visible as the man. Just not as much holster visible.

Wisconsin Carry is not only about open carry but wants to fight for concealed carry as well. Also, not all concealed carry is illegal in Wisconsin, thanks to the Hamdan opinion.

A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

In re the "united front".

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    You can see for certain that it's a gun, right? Then it's not concealed. She has just as much of her gun visible as the man. Just not as much holster visible.

Wisconsin Carry is not only about open carry but wants to fight for concealed carry as well. Also, not all concealed carry is illegal in Wisconsin, thanks to the Hamdan opinion.

right on. thanks for the info. i was lookin for some clarification n got some thanks again.