• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new guy , looking for ...

akito

imported post

Hey guys . Been watching the forum for awhile now ( finally decided to make an account lol ) I'm in southmilwaukee . any who , I'm looking for a mag. or 2 for a S&W sw9ve ( 16 round) I don't feel like paying full price at gander or what have you . I have not OC'D but would not mind to just a tad worried about getting my only pistol taken by a LEO . but I have printed out a few of the flyers I found on this board for when I decide to .......

hduc2005

imported post

first let me WELCOME you to opencarry.org. feel free to ask you questions or tell your stories.

check out gunbroker or Guns America for you mag
also check out Wisconsin carry.org as well

akito

imported post

Thanks , I do have an account on guns america I buy my slugs from them ( 16g )

protias

imported post

The closest gun shop to you would be Badger Guns, otherwise, my favorite place is Fletcher Arms in Waukesha.

scorpio_vette

imported post

protias wrote:
The closest gun shop to you would be Badger Guns, otherwise, my favorite place is Fletcher Arms in Waukesha.

shooters shop on 6mile is pretty close to his place. that's where i go.

protias

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
protias wrote:

shooters shop on 6mile is pretty close to his place. that's where i go.
Ya, but they are usually more expensive.

akito

imported post

shooters wants $50 for a mag , gander wants 40 . I will suck it up at gander if I can't find one online for a deal haha. I should really sign up at shooters concidering how often we shoot there ....

scorpio_vette

imported post

cheapest range use around.

i bought my wife a gift card to fletchers so she could try guns just to find out that fletchers charges rental PER GUN, and shooters on 6mile charges for the CASE. so for $10 at shooters i can try EVERY gun (+ammo). at fletchers it's like $8-10 PER GUN.

screw that. just renting the guns at fletchers would be damn near $100. at least at shooters i get to spend that $100 on ammo to try the guns.

scorpio_vette

imported post

akito wrote:
shooters wants $50 for a mag , gander wants 40 . I will suck it up at gander if I can't find one online for a deal haha. I should really sign up at shooters concidering how often we shoot there ....

since i'm still fairly new to guns and don't know all the makes/models and lingo yet, could you tell me exactly what magazine for what make/model gun you are looking for. i'm pretty decent about finding good prices online, maybe i could find you something.

akito

imported post

true but shooters ammo is not cheap ...we always bring our own

scorpio_vette

imported post

oh no doubt. specially with me since i use makarove 9x18. cheapest i've found is bout $15-17 a box, and between shooters and fletchers, they want bout $25 a box. other problem though is that fletchers won't let me use my ammo because it's bear. shooters doesn't care.

and shooters is also the only range that will let me shoot my shotgun.

akito

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
oh no doubt. specially with me since i use makarove 9x18. cheapest i've found is bout $15-17 a box, and between shooters and fletchers, they want bout $25 a box. other problem though is that fletchers won't let me use my ammo because it's bear. shooters doesn't care.

as long as it is lead shot .

scorpio_vette

imported post

cheapest i found was bout $19+10 shipping, and for some reason i'm not sure if it was the right mag, even though it had that model listed.

but for that price you'd be better off going to gander mountain and just paying it, cuz then if there's an issue you can warranty it in town. sometimes it's just not quite worth saving a couple bucks. otherwise see how much cabelas wants. i always get coupons in the mail from cabelas.

scorpio_vette

imported post

akito wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:

as long as it is lead shot .

yeah. i have bout 200 rounds of target and bird shot and they said that would be fine.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

akito wrote:
Google is your friend. I just got 4 more mags. The best deal I could find was Cabelas, if you can imagine that.

oak1971

imported post

Shooters is so cheap they didn't buy new carpet when a guy blew his brains out on the firing line. They tossed out some cat litter and covered it with card board. It stayed that way for months. The gun prices are high too. I shot league there for over 10 years and have yet to see them fix much of anything. Lanes are down all the time. Arrogant and disgruntled workers.

scorpio_vette

imported post

oak1971 wrote:
Shooters is so cheap they didn't buy new carpet when a guy blew his brains out on the firing line. They tossed out some cat litter and covered it with card board. It stayed that way for months. The gun prices are high too. I shot league there for over 10 years and have yet to see them fix much of anything. Lanes are down all the time. Arrogant and disgruntled workers.

are you talking about the shooters on 6mile, or the one up on 84th or wherever that other one is???

a couple of the guys at 6mile don't seem to really want to be there, but one of the guys (kinda heavier guy, middle aged maybe) was really cool and walked my wife through everything step by step and was EXTREMELY helpful. only other place that i've personally met guys that helpful was at cabelas.

as far as prices...........i shop till i find what i like first. THEN, i shop everywhere for price and buy it where i find the lowest price. most business will allow you to haggle with them because they do want the business, so at the very least alot of business will price match if you talk to the right people. right now the wife and me are still looking, but once she decides on something, then i'll worry about the best prices.

akito

imported post

I have never had any issues at shooters ( 6mile) they are always helpfull and the female always gives us a discount lol

oak1971

imported post

6 mile was the one I was talking about. The heavy guy with the beard is part owner. The other owner is tall with red rair and kind of stand off ish. It's just a shame how they don't put any $ into the range equipment. Lanes are always going down and the lighting is poor.