• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My reason for OC:

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
imported post

sleeperx wrote:
you are the tool. if someone were to rob a bank you were in with your openly displayed pistol who do you think theyre going to shoot first? you. then they have an extra gun. you are all nuts! if your going to carry, conceal it! there is absolutely no point in open carry. its for people who have a chip on their shoulder and need to feel superior. its like walking down the street and telling strangers you could kick their ass... thats great tough guy. besides, within 7 yards of each other a knife is quicker in a surprise engagement. leave your guns at home or get your conceal carry license
Actually, my gun is the tool. Here in Wisconsin, the ONLY legal way to carry is OC. Any other suggestions troll?:)

sleeperx

imported post

do you pay for your drivers license? yes. you cant just buy a car and expect to drive it down the street without going through a test to make sure you know what the **** youre doing. same thing shi 4 brains. you cant just let everyone ane their mother carry a gun without first putting them through a training course to educate them. i dont get charged every time i leave my house with my gun concealed. you get charged once every five years to be able to carry your concealed gun almost anywhere. and from 7 yards you'd be toast. sorry guy.

sleeperx

imported post

yes, why are you such a paranoid sissy? with your " i need to have protection everywhere i go attitude" let me guess, your the @#$%hole that is at a waterpark in a speedo with a thigh holster going down a waterslide.... cause who knows, some 16 yr old pool boy could attack you in the wave pool. get off it.

NY2AZ

imported post

sleeperx wrote:
do you pay for your drivers license? yes. you cant just buy a car and expect to drive it down the street without going through a test to make sure you know what the @#$% youre doing. same thing shi 4 brains. you cant just let everyone ane their mother carry a gun without first putting them through a training course to educate them. i dont get charged every time i leave my house with my gun concealed. you get charged once every five years to be able to carry your concealed gun almost anywhere. and from 7 yards you'd be toast. sorry guy.

Actually, one CAN just drive a car without a drivers license. The issue comes when one tries to drive said car on public roadways. On your own property your free to do as you like. And to top it off; the bill of rights does not protect one's right to drive a car. However, somewhere in that "relic" it mention a [restriction on government's interference in the right to keep and bear arms]. And we all know what to bear means thanks to Heller. Bless your heart.

scorpio_vette

imported post

sleeperx wrote:
you are the tool. if someone were to rob a bank you were in with your openly displayed pistol who do you think theyre going to shoot first? you. then they have an extra gun. you are all nuts! if your going to carry, conceal it! there is absolutely no point in open carry. its for people who have a chip on their shoulder and need to feel superior. its like walking down the street and telling strangers you could kick their ass... thats great tough guy. besides, within 7 yards of each other a knife is quicker in a surprise engagement. leave your guns at home or get your conceal carry license

wisconsin ONLY allows open carry. what would you suggest we do???
why do I carry??? why does my wife want to carry??? the park that we take our 1year old son to play at the playground has had several woman raped in it. that park is less than 1/4mile from my house. one of our best friends was raped in that park. our property was burglarized TWICE last year. would you like anymore reason why i carry??? it's for self defense.

let me ask you this (caution content of this question may be graphic). if my wife takes our dogs for a walk and suddenly gets attacked by a rapist, what would you suggest she do??? draw and defend herself, or dial 911 while she's getting forcible banged by some strangers cock, and then let him finish and ejaculate in her while she is waiting for police???
and YES.....i did just type that. if you are offended by it, then you are probably one of those people who try to ignore the fact that such things DO HAPPEN, AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS DURING RAPE.

so what would you suggest to do in that situation???

as far as open carry vs conceal carry. there are PLENTY of news reports of criminals having been deterred by the sight of a person open carrying. but I personally have not yet seen a report of a open carrier "being shot first and having his gun taken away". but by all means, please do post up some links to news feeds about open carriers being attacked for their guns, or being shot first so the criminal can commit a crime.

vegasche1023

imported post

sleeperx wrote:
do you pay for your drivers license? yes. you cant just buy a car and expect to drive it down the street without going through a test to make sure you know what the @#$% youre doing. same thing shi 4 brains. you cant just let everyone ane their mother carry a gun without first putting them through a training course to educate them. i dont get charged every time i leave my house with my gun concealed. you get charged once every five years to be able to carry your concealed gun almost anywhere. and from 7 yards you'd be toast. sorry guy.

Ok HAVING a drivers license isn't a right. So you are comparing apples to oranges. I'd be toast? I've been trained in cqc and krav maga, so yeah keep dreaming GUY

TJ347

imported post

sleeperx wrote:
you cant just buy a car and expect to drive it down the street without going through a test to make sure you know what the @#$% youre doing. same thing shi 4 brains. you cant just let everyone ane their mother carry a gun without first putting them through a training course to educate them.

I don't know about how they do things where you live friend, but here in Pennsylvania, getting a LTCF doesn't requireone bit of training. It does however require $46, which explains the state's insistence one get a license in the first place.

Archsgurl

imported post

Guys...

Dont feed the troll. Geez. You feed it and it comes back, like a stinky stray.

Now that said,
I want to OC, I have CC'd in Texas but my problem right now is finding a holster I like. Working on it.

@scorpio_vette -- EXACTLY! some BG wants to rape me or my kids -- I hope he can do it with a few extra holes in his body, cause me and mine are worth the life of a BG period. The Leos can come clean up the bloody mess. :D

Suburban78

imported post

sleeperx wrote:

Alright BRADY! Simmer down now.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sleeperx wrote:

Let's see... There are 13 people in the bank, and I'm open carrying a black holster on black or dark blue pants while wearing a black shirt. I open carry in brightly-lit IHOP and less than 20% of the people notice I'm carrying at all!

FYI, bank robbers want the money - rarely do they shoot anyone except those who don't follow instructions. I guarantee it's cake for me to turn sideways so he can't see my weapon at all, and I also guarantee he can't watch all 13 of us at once. The moment I'm out of his field of view, I'm drawing on him, and the next thing he'll see is me behind a proper barrier while I tell him to freeze. ANY movement after that and he's a dead man.

In the rare event he does take a shot at me, I'll bet my aim is a hell of a lot better than his when I return fire. Even if I'm hit, unless it's a CNS hit, he's a dead man.

If you want to conceal carry, you run along and do just that. Please stop trying to impose your will and your crazy, statistics-countering idea upon us that it's somehow "safer" or "more effective" to conceal carry than it is to open carry.