Thread: Sacramento county resident and questions

Post imported post

I just recently learned about California's open carry laws. I did some reading and am interested in making OC an every day activity.

There IS one concern I have.

I often wear a jacket when I walk around and noted that it often covers anything I am wearing on my hip. If I were open carying a handgun and were wearing a jacket that at some point, covered the gun, would that constitute it as concealed?

If so, are there any tips for reliably keeping that from happening that doesn't include leaving the jacket behind?

Also, any newbie suggestions, particularly for residence of the Sacramento area?

Post imported post

The CA forum would probably be a better section to ask, but yet, if your coat or shirt covers any part of your firearm, it is now concealed. Best way to prevent this, get a leg holster.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Do the 'Wyoming tuck' as i call it. Tuck the side of your jacket behind your pistol so it wont cover it.

But yes, if the jacket covers the gun it is concealed.