• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sacramento county resident and questions

Dr. Donothing

imported post

I just recently learned about California's open carry laws. I did some reading and am interested in making OC an every day activity.

There IS one concern I have.

I often wear a jacket when I walk around and noted that it often covers anything I am wearing on my hip. If I were open carying a handgun and were wearing a jacket that at some point, covered the gun, would that constitute it as concealed?

If so, are there any tips for reliably keeping that from happening that doesn't include leaving the jacket behind?

Also, any newbie suggestions, particularly for residence of the Sacramento area?

protias

imported post

The CA forum would probably be a better section to ask, but yet, if your coat or shirt covers any part of your firearm, it is now concealed. Best way to prevent this, get a leg holster. ;)

Sionadi

imported post

Do the 'Wyoming tuck' as i call it. Tuck the side of your jacket behind your pistol so it wont cover it.

But yes, if the jacket covers the gun it is concealed.