• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun stores

The Big Guy

imported post

Itannoysme to go to a gun shop and see a sign on the door saying that you can't carry while shopping there. Seems a little self defeating to me. Now I must admit that there is one store that I shop in that has a sign saying only those with CC may carry loaded. I always carry there and have never been hassled. In one store I decided to go in and ask them why a gun shop would have a no gun policy. I found the answer interesting. I was told that there are a lot of idiots out there and they don't wantsomeone pulling out theirfirearm to show somebody elseand having the gun go off because they don't know how to handle it. I then asked him if he didn't think it was a bit of double standard that they would not let this "idiot" carry loaded in the store, but would gladly sell this same idiota gun and ammo to go out amongst us other idiots. They have verypoor customerservice there too so I decided not to trade there anymore. Would be interested to know if there are any establishments that are "gun friendly". By the way, is there any local shop that carries a good line of reloading supplies. I need some powder. I usually buy it online but I'd rather do business locally.

Sabotage70

imported post

I've never been there. But on the nevadashooters board a couple of members work at New Frontier Armory/Infinite Arms. And from what I hear is that they have a sign on the door stating-OC and CC welcome, criminals not.

Unfortunately for you they are on the other side of town from you. North LV Centennial and 5th.

The Big Guy

imported post

Thanks for the update. Yep, seems everything is wayover on the other side of thevalley from me. If it's a good place I might just give it a try sometime.

AnakinsKid

imported post

Bargain Pawn's sign says something to the effect of: If you're going to take it out of the holster, or you want to sell it to us, unload it before coming in. I think that's a very sensible request. I've OCed there loaded several times and no one has had a problem with it.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
Itannoysme to go to a gun shop and see a sign on the door saying that you can't carry while shopping there.
If I saw that sign, my reply would be, ok I will by my next7 guns, ammo, gun gear somewhere that does allow me to carry.

That policy is like a soccer store not allowing players to come in with their uniform on!

Vegassteve

imported post

3 stores I know for sure have ZERO prob with OC. New Frontier(yes they have a sign that welcomes OC) Bargain Pawn and Discount. Those are also the only three stores I will buy from as others have higher prices or are not OC friendly.

Dangerfish

imported post

Well, I have OC'ed into The Gun Store(dont ask why), American Shooters, and Big 5 multiple times in the last few months and have never gotten so much as someone checking my gun out. lol. Actually, on my way into American shooters yesterday Iwalked past 2 LEO's coming out, they simply gave me a nod.

And American Shooters actually has some VERY good prices. Picked up an M&P 15-22 for under $500. The retail on S&W's own site is $570. I would say give them another try.

Vegassteve

imported post

Dangerfish wrote:
And American Shooters actually has some VERY good prices. Picked up an M&P 15-22 for under $500. The retail on S&W's own site is $570. I would say give them another try.
If you use Gun genie you will see that NFA beats any other store in town on prices. American shooters is the highest of the bunch.

Sabotage70

imported post

Actually a group of us just OC'ed in the store that I believe we are talking about. Spurlocks is the name and they didn't didn't say one word about it. I think the sign is meant for if you're bringing it in for anything other than keeping it in the holster. Like trying holsters, mags and anything else which would require you to remove it from your holster.

They had a Colt 1911 for $499 that caught someones eye. It was used but had some trigger work and a couple of other goodies on it. He said he was going to get some cash and come back and get.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Yah, I go to New Frontier Armory all the time OC. Really nice guys so I just bought a few guns from em. They did some OC cleanups in NLV if I remember correctly. The video is on youtube.

GoDSpeeD

New Frontier Armory

imported post

Yes, Adam and I were both at the litter pick up you guys are referring to. And yes, we do OC / CCW in our store. I don't really have a need to shop at other gun stores in town (obviously), so I guess its like I've been under a rock because I'm just hearing about these other shops that don't allow guns in the store. Sounds a little silly to me.

The way we see it is the moron that decides to pull any crap in our store not only has to deal with our store staff who are all carrying (plus backups in the store), the workers in the backroom that can hear everything going on in the store, and have the advantage of seeing everything on the cameras....but he would also have to deal with all the customers in the store carrying.

We look at it as a deterent for the punks that come in and case the place.....besides it being a right that we're all trying to hold onto for many years to come.

infinitearms

imported post

timf343 wrote:
The guy that owns the place is one of us.  He was with us at the OC Litter Pickup in NLV.  Definitely a good place to give your business to, even if it is a long drive.

Guido and I both make our stance on CC/OC very clear to all customers as they walk in. Try finding another sign like ours in town. (sorry for the cell phone pictures, don't have my camera with me)

IMG_0343.JPG

Marco

imported post

Master Shooter's Supply on West Sahara doesn't have a problem with those that carry legally (CC or OC).

infinitearms

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
So what is the name of the store. New Frontier or is it Infinite Arms? Because both of you guys have ads on Nevada shooters with the same address.

We both share the same location. Figured why compete when we have the same views on customer service and pricing. If you ever need any suppressors, machine guns, SBR, SBS, etc come in and talk to me.

Sabotage70

imported post

infinitearms wrote:
Sabotage70 wrote:
So what is the name of the store. New Frontier or is it Infinite Arms? Because both of you guys have ads on Nevada shooters with the same address.

We both share the same location. Figured why compete when we have the same views on customer service and pricing. If you ever need any suppressors, machine guns, SBR, SBS, etc come in and talk to me.
Ok I get it now. It's a gun store with in a gun store. And you sell all the fun stuff. Thanx one of these days I'll make a trip down there and check you guys out. Nevada OCDO is have is having a range day this Sat. I'm sure a few of us can go to the pizza place then swing by your store. I live out in Mountains Edge or I would have come by already.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I never pass up an opportunity to go to a gun store! They have a shotgun combo I've been eyeballing.

GoDSpeeD

Sabotage70

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
I never pass up an opportunity to go to a gun store! They have a shotgun combo I've been eyeballing.

GoDSpeeD
So is it on? Add the pizza place for lunch before the range. And add our receipts to the fish bowl.