• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man who shot dead sister jailed for gun offences again

buster81

imported post

How could this happen? I thought they got rid of all theguns in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/8524834.stm

Man who shot dead sister jailed for gun offences again

A teenager from Manchester who fatally shot his 12-year-old sister three years ago has been jailed again, after being caught with another gun in October.

Kasha Peniston, 19, killed his sister Kamilah at the family home in 2007.

He was detained for manslaughter but within months of his release in May 2008, he was found with a revolver.

Peniston, from Longsight, pleaded guilty to several offences including possessing a firearm and was jailed for nine years at Manchester Crown Court.

He also admitted possessing ammunition without a certificate, possession of a firearm while prohibited, two counts of supplying class A drugs and possession of a class B drug, all at an earlier hearing.

'Unusual circumstances'

Peniston was 16 when he shot his younger sister. He found the gun, a .38 snubnose gas action revolver, and held it against her forehead while they were watching television.

He thought he had deactivated the gun and pulled the trigger. His sister died in hospital the next day.

Peniston, of Peel Grove, was given a shortened two-year jail term in October 2007 for the manslaughter of Kamilah because of the "unusual circumstances" of the case.

He began street dealing heroin and cocaine, Manchester Crown Court heard, and in October last year was caught red-handed by police driving a gang "pool car" and with a revolver loaded with two 9mm rounds.

It is almost beyond belief that could happen and happen within a short time of your release

Judge Michael Henshell
Gill Crossley, defending, told the court Peniston had become a drug user and was used as a dealer by more sophisticated criminals. She added: "He was not a holder of drugs, he was a user of drugs and he was used."

Judge Michael Henshell, sentencing, said: "One of the features of this case which will astound the general public is somebody in your situation, having been responsible for the death of your own sister, then brought himself into contact with a firearm.

"It is almost beyond belief that could happen and happen within a short time of your release.

"It is really obvious you have learnt nothing from the death you caused, you have learnt nothing from the sentence you served and since your release you have been dealing in drugs and descended into a life which is no doubt related to organised crime, sometimes referred to as gang culture, in which possession of a firearm is almost seen as a fashion accessory."

Peniston's mother, Natasha Peniston, wept at the back of the court and blew kisses to her son as he was sent down.

She was jailed for three years for firearms offences after her daughter was shot dead, telling the court she was hiding the gun at her home for a gangster.

saveyourself

Swansea which is in Wales not England, , United Ki
imported post

And our government won't allow me a 40 year old man, with no criminal record, who has experience with firearms, of damn good character, in a job that has the potentialto wipe out a whole city by turning a switch!!, to own a little pistol to defend my wife and children in the unlikely event that an idiot tries to harm me or neighbours!!??

This (the UK) is a truly crap country.

Old Grump

imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
So he shot his dead sister. Whats the problem? She was dead already.
Need to read the story not the headline. She wasn't dead till the day after he shot her. That cost him 2 years, got him a drug addiction and learned a new trade, addict/dealer.

His new sentence has nothing to do with his sister and the British reporters know less about guns than our American reporters which is next to nothing. If they don't know something they will just make it up for dramatic effect. Need to do something to sell those papers.