• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks should say "Yes" to Brady Campaign

Decoligny

imported post

Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Do vertical shoulder holsters as described exist for 4" revolvers? I have a difficult time with hip area and would like to test an under arm rig. Seems like better retention as the wearer would just pull the arm to their chest to prevent access.

They come in a variety of sizes from the tiney "snub nose" all the way up to "THE CLINT EASTWOOD".

brownshoe1.jpg

s7_222399_imageset_02

Huck

imported post

Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Do vertical shoulder holsters as described exist for 4" revolvers? I have a difficult time with hip area and would like to test an under arm rig. Seems like better retention as the wearer would just pull the arm to their chest to prevent access.

You can get one at El Paso Saddlery. I carry a S&W Model 10, 4" barrel,in a holster like the one linked.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-96-14-1942-tanker-holster-5-12-to-8-38-barrels.aspx

You can postion the holster anyway you like, under the arm, across your chest, or anywhere in between. And Alexcabbie's right, a shoulder holster is much better when you need to use the boy's room! Pace, maybe Crockett and Tubbs had the right idea after all, for the right reason! :D

Pace

imported post

Is that holster a joke? The butt pointing down, ready to fall out and the muzzle point towards your head?

Decoligny wrote:
Guy B. Meredith wrote:

They come in a variety of sizes from the tiney "snub nose" all the way up to "THE CLINT EASTWOOD".

brownshoe1.jpg

s7_222399_imageset_02

Alexcabbie

imported post

Pace wrote:
Is that holster a joke? The butt pointing down, ready to fall out and the muzzle point towards your head?

Decoligny wrote:
Guy B. Meredith wrote:

brownshoe1.jpg
THAT is the "upside-down" shoulder holster I wrote of and it is no joke. Retention is secure, the triggger guard is completely enclosed and the weapon can be drawn with either hand very conveniently. Drawing is accomplished by a spring-loaded "clamshell" action opened by twisting the weaponto the side. I haven't seen one of these in a while, does anyone still make them?

shad0wfax

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
THAT is the "upside-down" shoulder holster I wrote of and it is no joke. Retention is secure, the triggger guard is completely enclosed and the weapon can be drawn with either hand very conveniently. Drawing is accomplished by a spring-loaded "clamshell" action opened by twisting the weaponto the side. I haven't seen one of these in a while, does anyone still make them?
I don't know if they're still made, but I wouldn't be comfortable carrying my handgun muzzle-up in any type of holster. I'd run with a vertical (muzzle-down) rig or one of the old government style 1911 shoulder rigs if I had to go with a shoulder rig.