Thread: ATF Tries to Revoke "Montana Made" State Sovereignty Laws

Post imported post

ATF Tries to Revoke "Montana Made"
    State Sovereignty Laws

We all predicted this would happen.

In a move typical for that fear-mongering organization with an ever-swelling acronym, the BATFE has written gun dealers in the states of Montana and Tennessee to let them know the BATFE will be disregarding the states' sovereign gun laws.

The "Montana Made" law, just like Tennessee's Firearms Freedom Act, is very simple.

Much of the claimed federal authority to regulate firearm sales and transfers stems from a liberal interpretation of every American tyrant's favorite subterfuge, the "interstate commerce" clause. In essence, this is whatgives the BATFE its nasty teeth.

With this in mind,Montana correctly understood that any weapon made in Montana by Montana residents and sold in Montana to Montana residents is Montana's business and Montana's business alone.

Montana thus sought to take charge of its firearms industry with the application ofa simple truism:

Any gun made in Montana by Montana residents and sold in Montana to Montana residents is intrastate commerce, not "interstate commerce," and thus does not full under the purview of the federal government.

Potentially, the state would be able to say goodbye to NICS checks; Brady background checks; NFA taxes, bans and NFA databases -- and most importantly, federal "assault weapons" bans, which Montana and Tennessee rightly anticipated.

In effect, the "Montana Made" law would have permitted Montana gun companies to manufacture any kind of weapon banned byfederal law -- including so-called "assault weapons" --and sell them to fellow Montana residents.

Moreover, in this scenario, no one -- neither the manufacturer nor the dealer nor the buyer -- would have to kowtow to the BATFE by paying them a $200 tax and surrendering one's privacy to their notoriously inaccurate and oft-abused National Firearms Registry.

It was a new day for freedom -- and other states besides Tennessee were thinking of following suit:Alaska, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas.

Well, the BATFE -- never one to have its power downplayed (or acronym belittled)-- has written letters to both Montana and Tennessee gun dealers letting them know that they proceed at their own risk.

We can only guess what new horrors those words portend -- probably more dead housewives and children as disgruntled ATF thugs shoot-to-kill anyone suspected of perhaps owning a firearm not properly taxed and regulated by Washington, D.C., power brokers.

What else would be new.

A few of our members expressed interest in contacting the BATFE to vent some righteous anger --the same thingwe did when the Department of Defense said they were going to ban all once-fired military brass for resale.

Remember how the DoD reneged on that commitment after just a few days due to the widespread backlash from gun owners and law enforcement?

Well, this is a bit different. Writing the ATF and providing them with your information is akin to giving thieves your home address and the hours you won't be home.

We're going to take a different, less dangerous approach.

We've been talking to state officials from both Montana and Tennessee today to try to figure out the best way we can help these state laws succeed.

In Liberty,

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Association for Gun Rights

So now the BATFE is threatening Montana Gun dealers & Gun owners. Could this be a prelude to Revolution ? Will the big reset begin in Montana ?
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

On a plaque at BATF

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

this is fitting.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

If you buy/sell a Montana gun in Montana and never let the ATF know about it, how will they know?

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    If you buy/sell a Montana gun in Montana and never let the ATF know about it, how will they know?

If it's only one gun, they won't.

But if you are manufacturing guns in MT, and selling from a storefront in MT, sooner or later it will get back to them.

Especially if one of your guns gets used in a crime.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    ComradeV wrote:

But if you are manufacturing guns in MT, and selling from a storefront in MT, sooner or later it will get back to them.

How would they know who you are? Montana guns do not require serial numbers.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    ComradeV wrote:

They have these guys called "detectives" who do these things called "investigations" and ask "questions". Then they write "reports" which get read by federal agencies.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    ComradeV wrote:

They have these guys called "detectives" who do these things called "investigations" and ask "questions". Then they write "reports" which get read by federal agencies.
    "Detectives" collect "evidence". Untraceable guns remove the "evidence trail".

No serial numbers also works to thwart JBTs who want to "temporarily" sieze your firearm.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

No serial numbers also works to thwart JBTs who want to "temporarily" sieze your firearm.
    And at Lexington and Concord they used little round things called "bullets" to do the same thing.

Post imported post

Apparently someone hasn't read the FFA law for made in Montana firearms. Although the law does not require a serial number it does however require the maker to stamp his or her name or company name on the firearm. So they are still somewhat tracible to the maker.

Post imported post

Wasn't there an article where a MT sheriff basically said as the senior most LEO for his county he would not only turn away any fed coming into his area for an arrest he didn't authorize; but he'd deputize every firearm owning citizen in his county to ensure the fed's would be outnumbered 150 to 1 if they persisted.

I'm paraphrasing of course.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Wasn't there an article where a MT sheriff basically said as the senior most LEO for his county he would not only turn away any fed coming into his area for an arrest he didn't authorize; but he'd deputize every firearm owning citizen in his county to ensure the fed's would be outnumbered 150 to 1 if they persisted.

that sheriff sounds like 1 cool MF !!

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:

I don't know about a MT sheriff but I did find a few articles about an AZ sheriff that stood up against the Fed.

Here is a link to his video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEcx1uoodKI

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:

that sheriff sounds like 1 cool MF !!
    I'd agree with that, using that wording, as well.

Spelled out, even.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

My kind of sheriff. Too few people realize just how vast that official's power is.

Post imported post

He should just chop them off at the knees, deputize everyone now, and
    as leo they can have said weapons anyways under even their own criminal
    enterprise laws.
    With BATFE on the prowl everyone will be on emergency alert, code RED,
    shoot on site status anyways.

Alas our law is stuck in of all places 'commerce committee'
    And yet they keep claiming the want to create jobs, and then try and squash
    anyone trying to do just that.

But the manufacturer doesn't have to give up his distributors, nor be forced
    to testify against himself. So they hit a dead end. If they sit on him they would
    be guilty of stalking themselves. You cannot get a warrant until you tell a judge
    what crime you are investigating. You can't investigate legal activity under color
    of law as a crime. Plus you don't need your name and SSN number, you can use
    any logo, hyrogliphic, or symbol as your marker. How are they going to find out
    who you are from that.
    Fed: " Yes we have a 75 caliber Montana Decimator found on a dead guy
    robbing a gas station. Serial number ... Looks like a monkey humping a football to me.
    Agent Johnson, how do I enter that on this stupid police report line for guns number?
    "

I told my state senator that I will gladly be the test case here. I always wanted
    a silencer, and would love to not give those DC crooks my money.
    Course I would have to leave it at the state line rest area when leaving state for
    any reason. Would need to talk to many lawyers about how far out into gulf
    is still this state, and does the feds have any area between international waters
    and state line in the gulf. Just in case of boating accident you know.
    Oh the joy to get a BATFE on the stand, hand him a laptop with every FFL in the
    country listed, and have him show the jury which ones can sell me a silencer.
    Since there is not one single person in any of the states that can, there is no
    way that I can be enguaged in interstate commerce, since the feds prohibit it by law.

Post imported post

Whatever will they do with those of us who have bad attitudes and refuse to play well with others?

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    Whatever will they do with those of us who have bad attitudes and refuse to play well with others?
    they will just wack them out , maybe with one of these, like they killed Randy weavers wife & Baby. Those agents have no souls.

Post imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Looks like a monkey humping a football to me.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    they will just wack them out , maybe with one of these, like they killed Randy weavers wife & Baby. Those agents have no souls.
    Hey that agent is my sheriff. We are trying to vote him out this year. His name is Bill Gore.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

chewy352 wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    they will just wack them out , maybe with one of these, like they killed Randy weavers wife & Baby.Â*Â* Those agents have no souls.
    Hey that agent is my sheriff. We are trying to vote him out this year. His name is Bill Gore.
    :what:

Chewy you just blew my mind dude. I had no idea that was the same Bill Gore. Now I really have sympathy for San Diegans.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

I don't know what the sheriff's name was but he was from Ravalli county here in Montana. Him and that Sheriff Richard Mack from Arizona were the first two to stand up to the JBT's and tell them to p***-off!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
    I don't know what the sheriff's name was but he was from Ravalli county here in Montana. Him and that Sheriff Richard Mack from Arizona were the first two to stand up to the JBT's and tell them to p***-off!!
    Chris Hoffman is the Ravalli County Sheriff. He's a good guy!
    Evil rarely comes in the form of monsters, but rather in the form of relatively normal people who, for reasons of careers, ideology, or desire for society's approval, are indifferent to the human consequences of their actions. Hannah Arendt