• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AL Homeowner shoots ones home invader

shad0wfax

imported post

"Denton was pronounced dead at the scene from a single gunshot wound to the chest."

Good job homeowner; too bad for the rest of polite society that he didn't kill them all.

Hopefully all four of the burglars/accomplices go down for murder 1.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Yeah, but like you imply, they'll be out eventually on good behavior to do it again to someone else. So I agree:All 4 of them should have beenpermanently and terminally "corrected."

People (and most all gun owners/carriers/users) need to get over the naive pansy liberal PC "all life is scacred" BS...it sure isn't, never has been. LOTS of people need to exit. Please help them do so; it's a civic duty as well as a public service.

-- John D.

Dreamer

imported post

It doesn't say how many shots th ehomeowner fired in total. If he only fired once, that is a VERY good shot fired/round on target ratio--100%...

We need a few more homeowners like this up in Eastern NC. The home invasion situation is getting out of control up here, and you almost NEVER read a report of homeowners defending themselves--usually the thugs beat them up, terrorize them and make off with the loot.

I think all the NRA, GOA, and "guns save lives" stickers on the vehicles in my neighborhood must work--as far as I know "home invasions" are non-existant in our neck of the woods. And I hope it stays that way...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Resident shoots one man during home invasion; others appear in court
By Michael Mee
The Leeds News

BROMPTON — Four men charged with felony murder following a evening home invasion last Thursday in Brompton made their first appearance in court Tuesday.

Mark Lyle Massey, 19, of Trussville; Richard Allen Holloway, 18, of Leeds; Duel Wayne Pope, 21, of Leeds; and Nicholas Bell, 20 of Trussville made their first court appearance before District Judge Phil Seay by way of the county’s video conferencing system. The four men are charged with the murder of 18-year-old Robert Joseph Denton, of Moody, who was shot and killed after three of the men allegedly entered a home at 40 Pioneer Way in the Trail’s End community.

County authorities report that Denton was shot and killed by the resident of the home, Michael Holderfield, 54, just before midnight last Thursday. Holderfield was assaulted and sustained injuries to his hands, including breaking his left hand. No charges have been brought against Holderfield.

Court documents indicate the incident began when the three men came into Holderfield’s home carrying baseball bats. The resident then obtained a handgun and shot Denton leading the others to flee the scene.

Denton was pronounced dead at the scene from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

St. Clair County Sheriff’s Captain Billy Murray said that three of the men were armed with baseball bats when they entered a mobile home in the Trails End community just before midnight Thursday.

It was discovered during the ensuing investigation that two other suspects assisted in the home invasion.

Massey was captured a half-hour after the shooting at the Brompton Chevron. Holloway was arrested last Friday afternoon at a Birmingham motel. Pope and Bell were apprehended late Friday afternoon in Moody.

Because Denton’s death occurred during the course of a burglary in which all five men were involved in some way, the four suspects are charged with murder, which is a Class A felony.

At Tuesday’s video hearing St. Clair County District Court Judge Phillip Seay advised the four suspects and appointed each of them with an attorney. A preliminary hearing for the murder cases will be on March 16.

Judge Seay set the bond amounts for both Pope and Holloway at $250,000. Seay ordered Massey and Bell to remain in the St. Clair County Jail without bond.

According to officials, Bell has a pending felony theft charge in Etowah County and Massey is on probation from a previous case in Jefferson County.

St. Clair County District Attorney Richard Minor said he was not sure if all suspects are to be tried together, though he said it is possible that all four of the suspects could be tried together, which will be decided by the courts.

Holderfield, the victim, did an excellent job of protecting his life and home. Good shoot. Kudos to him. I hope he recovers from his injuries pronto.

shad0wfax wrote:
Good job homeowner; too bad for the rest of polite society that he didn't kill them all.

Hopefully all four of the burglars/accomplices go down for murder 1.

cloudcroft wrote:

Yeah, but like you imply, they'll be out eventually on good behavior to do it again to someone else. So I agree:All 4 of them should have beenpermanently and terminally "corrected."

People (and most all gun owners/carriers/users) need to get over the naive pansy liberal PC "all life is scacred" BS...it sure isn't, never has been. LOTS of people need to exit. Please help them do so; it's a civic duty as well as a public service.

Nah. Once the threat is ended, the shooting should stop.

("resident ... shot Denton leading the others to flee the scene.")

No need to start executing people.

Those punks, once they saw the gun, took off like wabbits. No more danger.Go get 'em and throw 'em in jail for a long time.

Dr. Blofeld

imported post

Where is Hank's T's liberal drivel? A decent shoot that saved a man's life. No down side. Hank cannot imagine a situation where a civilian shoot is justified. Lust a thought

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Dr. Blofeld wrote:
Where is Hank's T's liberal drivel? A decent shoot that saved a man's life. No down side. Hank cannot imagine a situation where a civilian shoot is justified. Lust a thought

Huh?

106.gif