• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC issue in Gaston County

ocgso

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
I would have a word with his superior about why your property was illegally seized. He observed you and saw you were doing nothing wrong according to your account. He had no reason to take your firearm, period. They like to push the officer safety issue, but to just snatch it when you are doing nothing wrong is unprofessional IMO.

And refer them the the NC Supreme Court.

State v Huntley, what GATTTOTP is.

http://www.guncite.com/court/state/25nc418.html

State v Kerner, why we can OC.

http://www.guncite.com/court/state/107se222.html

State v Speller, more pro OC, right to bear arms means OC.

http://www.guncite.com/court/state/86nc697.html

BTW, when did the LEO's get to tell me how to or where to spend my money or how to live. The "get a CCP" comment was uncalled for. Let us know how it goes.

The other issue I would press is that if you were a threat to the officers safety or those who called 911, he wouldn't have waited until you left to disarm you. He also would have called for backup.

In the discussion with the supervisor, I would ask what the SOP (standard operating procedure) is for this situation. I would also ask how he plans on making sure it doesn't happen again (phrase it more like "what type of training program do you paln to implement to ensure that other law abiding citizens rights are not violated").

I would also mention that the officer snapping your loaded firearm out of the holster is a good way for an accidental discharge to occur.......

4th amendment violation in my book.

gipper72488

imported post

I havent had any more problems. I spoke with officer Atkins with gastonia PD, and he said that the other officer over reacted. Im avoiding filing a complaint for now, As i will be applying to Gastonia PD for the upcoming BLET class

glock30

imported post

gipper72488 wrote:
I havent had any more problems. I spoke with officer Atkins with gastonia PD, and he said that the other officer over reacted. Im avoiding filing a complaint for now, As i will be applying to Gastonia PD for the upcoming BLET class
I understand you not wanting to press the issue but unfortunately this doesn't solve the underlying problem. I imagine the officer in question got less than a slap in the wrist in this situation and has no incentive to react differently next time.