• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spotted the Member "Prophet" OC'ing Today

Sig229

imported post

I was driving through the South Side of Pittsburgh on East Carson St. this afternoon and walking beside me was a man about my age OC'ing what looked like to be a CZ-52 on his left hip.

I rolled down my window and yelled "Open Carry, right on man!" He laughed responded in kind.

Now here's the kicker.

As he walked past a group of older yuppies in front of the Cogo Gas station, the yuppies immediately noticed that he was OC'ing. They stopped dead in their tracks and was pointing and looked like they were about to get the cell phone out.

The member Prophet was already a block away from them walking in the opposite direction. So with my window still rolled down, I told the group of yuppies "Dont be alarmed, it is totally legal for him to Open Carry"
They looked stunned. It was as though they thought I was reading their soft liberal minds or something.

The yuppie man in the long black coat put his cell phone back in his pocket and said "uhh ok". His wife was apparently nagging him and he said to her"Im sure its okay honey"

So good for you Prophet. Perhaps we will cross tracks while Im OC'ing as well.
I live on East Carson street.

Prophet

imported post

Its a small world afterall. Thanks for running some interference, I'm sorry i didnt have much time to chat as I was in a hurry trying to get some last minute arrangements taken care of for a party tonight.

As for what was on my hip, I'll chalk up your error to being on the move, it was actually my Springfield 1911.

I'm sure we'll run into each other as I am in the area often. Cheers!

Sig229

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Its a small world afterall. Thanks for running some interference, I'm sorry i didnt have much time to chat as I was in a hurry trying to get some last minute arrangements taken care of for a party tonight.

As for what was on my hip, I'll chalk up your error to being on the move, it was actually my Springfield 1911.

I'm sure we'll run into each other as I am in the area often. Cheers!
No problem, you looked like you were trying to get somewhere fast.

Did you happen to notice the people pointing at you and lightly freaking out in front of the CoGo?

Sorry about the confusion of your pistol, it was hard to distinguish what type of pistol from inside my vehicle.

Also, since Im new to Pittsburgh, have you ever had any trouble OC'ing and encounters with LEO's on E. Carson street? I have only OC'ed late at night when I walk to get a pack of smokes or something to eat and I dont think anyone ever noticed.

Prophet

imported post

I havent had a negative response with the Pittsburgh cops in a LONG time. A couple swung by while i was walking between Station Square to 10th Street. They said they were called about MWG and remembered me from G20 when they stopped me. Told me to be safe and I was on my way in about a minute.

iownagn-gs

imported post

Fortunately, we live in an area where a lot of police officers honor the law concerning OC and CCW. I've never had a negative situation in surrounding Pittsburgh.

Farmer Troy

imported post

Nice to hear good stories!!!!

Yesterday I was visiting my father in Shadyside Hospital, and decided to go in concealed . . . I didn't want to cause a scene and get kicked out of the hospital . . . although I did not see any signs indicating I was not allowed to carry.

Anyone ever open carry in any Pittsburgh Hospitals?