• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

village of sussex open carry notice

bigdaddy1

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
@J.Gleason----you said that most people already know that open carry is legal. in my opinion i would have to say the opposite. i would say nearly more than half of the people that i talk to about this have no idea that open carry is legal. hell i'm surprised how many people i encounter that think ANYTHING gun related (other than hunting) is illegal.

in my opinion, when it comes to raising awareness, we can't assume that people know, because then we won't inform the ones that don't know.
+1 there. I still find many people in my day that have NO idea that you can carry a firearm, and that you dont have to register your weapons in Wisconsin. Heck, sometimes even after I have told them in the past its legal they still dont think so.

protias

imported post

From my conversation with Lt. Gumm, he seemed pro-carry. I don't think he meant this as a back door policy for businesses. However, if businesses do decide to post these signs, they can guarantee me not visiting them.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

A state Chamber of Commerce tried a similar tactic shortly after a concealed carry law, that the CofC disputed, was passed. They sent 'ghostbuster' no-guns signs to all of their members with the suggestion that they would incur additional liability absent these signs. It took years for them to be removed and ultimately made moot.

scorpio_vette

imported post

protias wrote:
From my conversation with Lt. Gumm, he seemed pro-carry.  I don't think he meant this as a back door policy for businesses.  However, if businesses do decide to post these signs, they can guarantee me not visiting them.

Don't think that will be a problem now that they gave you permission to place a icarry sticker in their front window. :D

protias

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
protias wrote:
From my conversation with Lt. Gumm, he seemed pro-carry. I don't think he meant this as a back door policy for businesses. However, if businesses do decide to post these signs, they can guarantee me not visiting them.

Don't think that will be a problem now that they gave you permission to place a icarry sticker in their front window. :D
Truf! :D

Now I just need to get this put on their store window:

progunsign2.jpg

:D

M

McX

imported post

pretty sign, and obviously eco-friendly, it's green! I'll take one!