Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You don't tug on Superman's cape

Post imported post

You don't spit into the wind , You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you must definitely do NOT argue with a man with a gun. This just seems like common sense. But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ?????? Now on the other side of the coin, the other day I was in the grocery store & was approached by a VERY elderly lady & asked " Are you a policeman?"Now picture this. I'm 5 ft 8 , 240 lbs wearing the brightest Hawaiian shirt you ever saw with a big 45acp strapped on. I couldn't help myself. I put my finger to my lips & said shhhhhhhh I'm undercover. She says in a whisper Oh ok & walks off. I laughed for days.

Post imported post

That last part was great. I might have to use that sometime.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Can anyone pronounce "impersonating an officer?" :?

How is this really any different than answering "Yes' ?

Our goal is to gain acceptance as normal, everyday honest citizens who happen to take their responsibilities seriously.

This type of response does NOT further that agenda.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Funny Story: 2 or 3 laughs...

Time taken to read it: about 1 minute...

Legal implications if caught doing this: becoming a prohibited person...

http://law.onecle.com/north-carolina...aw/14-277.html

Funny story, but REALLY bad idea for a comeback line...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

I have read books that were written by LEOs who spent much of their careers undercover, and they NEVER OC'ed. And they never joked about being undercover. On the contrary, they found ways tofit in withcriminals. In other words, no LEO would think that the OP was trying to impersonate.

And by the way, that N. Carolina law criminalizes free speech.

Post imported post

:shock: Ouch, I would have not said that. IANAL but that seems like a no no to me.

Just my opinion.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Well, at least he wasn't wearing one of those customized state open carry or concealed carry badges...

If I ever catch any of you in public with one of these on I'll...... laugh my ass off and then I don't know what will happen after that...

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    Well, at least he wasn't wearing one of those customized state open carry or concealed carry badges...

If I ever catch any of you in public with one of these on I'll...... laugh my ass off and then I don't know what will happen after that...
    Groan.....you had to do it didn't you.

I have nightmares about those CC badges - they are chasing me - they're gaining on me ..........help! ........ :shock:

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    tekshogun wrote:

Groan.....you had to do it didn't you.

I have nightmares about those CC badges - they are chasing me - they're gaining on me ..........help! ........ :shock:

Yata hey

I can't help but to rib the CC badge market. I would almost pay to see the look on a police officer's face if he asked for the CC permit and someone took out a detective-stylebadge wallet with that thing and their permit in there.

Post imported post

REX681959 wrote:
    But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ??????
    I have wondered about this for a while. My conclusion so far is that these people who claim to be "frightened" by an OCer are clearly not. Otherwise, they would not confront/antagonize you. If they were truly frightened, they'd cower somewhere while calling 911 with their cell phones. They obviously understand that you are not a threat, but maybe only at a sub-conscious level.

Perhaps this is another manifestion of projection: "somebody else must be frightened by this". They feel sympathetic anxiety for the "somebody else" (who may or may not exist) and interpret that as their own fear. Probably they don't even realize that they themselves aren't really frightened.

This theory doesn't include the rabid anti's who are so incensed by the presence of a weapon that they abandon all rational thought. Their political fervor overwhelms their survival instinct and they verbally attck and armed person.

'Course, I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know nuthin.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

REX681959 wrote:
    You don't spit into the wind , You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you must definitely do NOT argue with a man with a gun. This just seems like common sense. But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ?????? Now on the other side of the coin, the other day I was in the grocery store & was approached by a VERY elderly lady & asked " Are you a policeman?"Now picture this. I'm 5 ft 8 , 240 lbs wearing the brightest Hawaiian shirt you ever saw with a big 45acp strapped on. I couldn't help myself. I put my finger to my lips & said shhhhhhhh I'm undercover. She says in a whisper Oh ok & walks off. I laughed for days.
    Are you sure you're not confusing "confrontation" with someone simplymaking an inquiry?

I think you missed a chance to educate someone, in the incidence you described. The elderly lady may not have seen anyone OC except for LEO. Had you politely explained the laws to her, she might have told her friends at the next quilting BEE about the very nice man she met in the grocery store , that was carrying a gun.

That would make you the Brady Bunchs' worst nightmare. :what:

Post imported post

Eeyore wrote:
    REX681959 wrote:
    But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ??????
    I have wondered about this for a while. My conclusion so far is that these people who claim to be "frightened" by an OCer are clearly not. Otherwise, they would not confront/antagonize you. If they were truly frightened, they'd cower somewhere while calling 911 with their cell phones. They obviously understand that you are not a threat, but maybe only at a sub-conscious level.

Perhaps this is another manifestion of projection: "somebody else must be frightened by this". They feel sympathetic anxiety for the "somebody else" (who may or may not exist) and interpret that as their own fear. Probably they don't even realize that they themselves aren't really frightened.

This theory doesn't include the rabid anti's who are so incensed by the presence of a weapon that they abandon all rational thought. Their political fervor overwhelms their survival instinct and they verbally attck and armed person.

'Course, I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know nuthin.
    This is my Sheep in Wolf's Clothing syndrome - at the very least it is the I'm a big sheep attitude. They have to make a big show for the flock and their own self-esteem.

That and they want you to take your proper place in the flock so that all can be right with their world.

Just smile at them - they already know that you have fangs.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Tekshogun,

Now I know what to get you for Christmas this year...

Would you prefer gold or silver?
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Tekshogun,

Gold - but only if he wears it on a white shirt w/epaulets.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Eeyore and Grapeshot,

Well put! How do my fangs look? ^,-,^

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Tekshogun,

I should have kept my mouth shut.....

I'll take one in silver for wearing. Any chance of getting a couple of big decals in gold to put on the sides of my HHR? And maybe a single dome strobe light?

Grapeshot wrote:
    Gold - but only if he wears it on a white shirt w/epaulets.

Yata hey
    Oh, great, if I wanted to wear epaulets, I'd dress up like Michael Jackson faux-military garb.

Post imported post

REX681959 wrote:
    That is what is funny about OC. Sheeple act like they are so scared, and feel the need to ask you why you are carrying a gun. If you are really that scared of my gun, you wouldn't stop me to discuss it

Just like when the cops get a MWAG call. If they are really afraid of the MWAG, then why are they still in the store when the cops arrive?? If I am afraid of someone, I wouldn't stand around waiting for the perceived and impending (in my mind) shootout when the cops get there.....

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

Post imported post

I'm terrified of spiders, I sure as hell aint gonna walk up to a black widow and ask it why it's venomous. These people aren't scared. They are just looking for a reason to force their misinformed opinions on law abiding people. A woman (probably a general in the Mothers Of America) approached me in food lion the other day and asked me if i could cover my weapon because it might "terrify" her children. My response was, "no mam because I dont have a CCW and i would then be breaking the law.Then i look down at her son who is staring at my hip with the biggest smile on his face.

Post imported post

My response was, "no mam because I dont have a CCW and i would then be breaking the law.Then i look down at her son who is staring at my hip with the biggest smile on his face.

Priceless, best response i've seen in a long time

Post imported post

To the OP, here's a little reminder as to what can happen in NC when you get caught impersonating a police officer...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/86866752.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 8 2010
    Man Charged With Impersonating Police
    Jacksonville Police say Kevin Wolfe stopped at the scene of a car crash and told the people he was a law enforcement officer.

A man is facing charges for pretending to be a police officer. Jacksonville Police charged Kevin Wolfe of Harvey Street aboard Camp Lejeune with carrying a concealed weapon, impersonating a law enforcement officer and operating a vehicle with a blue light.

Police say Wolfe stopped at the scene of an accident Friday night, told the drivers involved that he was a law enforcement officer, and told them to wait for his deputies to arrive. When law enforcement did arrive, they say he had a concealed BB gun modeled after a .45-caliber handgun in his vehicle and blue lights attached to his 2005 silver Dodge Neon.

Wolfe's bond was set at $7,500. He had a first court appearance scheduled for Monday.

--Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    When law enforcement did arrive, they say he had a concealed BB gun modeled after a .45-caliber handgun in his vehicle and blue lights attached to his 2005 silver Dodge Neon.

Dude, that's beautiful. What a maroon.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

Yeah, I though this was a particularly wacky case. A fake cop car in the form of a NEON? WTF? And he had a BB gun modeled after a 1911. What a goob.

It would be funny if it weren't so HIDEOUSLY scary in the context of the patters of criminal evolution and patterns...

What troubled me is WHAT what this guy's motivation? Was he just a cop-wannabe wanker, or was he just slowly building up to something much more insidious? I mean how many stories do we hear about people posing as cops who then rape and murder young women on some isolated stretch of road?

Pretending to be a cop is sort of like killing small animals. It's not really something that most people see as inherantly evil on it's face, but let's face it, in a great many of the cases, this sort of behaviour is a precursor to some TERRIBLY heinous activity. It's probably a good thing this guy got caught before he did something REALLY bad. I think this guy wasn't just a wanker--he was more like a serial killer waiting to happen...

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...tory?track=rss

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...to-murder.html

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...amp;id=6731642

http://www.thedailyshrewsbury.com/Ar...oman_over.html

http://www.people.com/people/archive...061695,00.html

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/pr...uck-fe/438610/

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-at-pharmacies

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/30/ny...l?pagewanted=1
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Maybe.

At the least he was a closet ninja with a drivers license.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Pretending to be a cop is sort of like killing small animals. It's not really something that most people see as inherently evil on it's face, but let's face it, in a great many of the cases, this sort of behaviour is a precursor to some TERRIBLY heinous activity.
    You may not associate it with evil, but I can assure you, there are plenty of us who recognize the sociopathic trend in people like this.

People who have an undiagnosed mental disorder like this are not much better than politicians. They crave power.

In many, the killing or injuring of small, helpless creatures is simply a stepping stone to larger creatures and, ultimately, people. They have to test their own moral and mental waters to make sure that their egos can handle the strain.

Once they have successfully reached one level, they move on to the next. There are not many steps between pulling wings off of flies and murdering a restaurant full of innocents.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

There is a difference between saying "I am a cop" when someone asks you, and saying "shhh, I'm undercover". The latter is not an affirmative answer. Would not be impersonating an officer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast