• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You don't tug on Superman's cape

REX681959

imported post

You don't spit into the wind , You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you must definitely do NOT argue with a man with a gun. This just seems like common sense. But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ?????? Now on the other side of the coin, the other day I was in the grocery store & was approached by a VERY elderly lady & asked " Are you a policeman?"Now picture this. I'm 5 ft 8 , 240 lbs wearing the brightest Hawaiian shirt you ever saw with a big 45acp strapped on. I couldn't help myself. I put my finger to my lips & said shhhhhhhh I'm undercover. :lol::lol::lol::lol: She says in a whisper Oh ok & walks off. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I laughed for days.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Can anyone pronounce "impersonating an officer?" :?

How is this really any different than answering "Yes' ?

Our goal is to gain acceptance as normal, everyday honest citizens who happen to take their responsibilities seriously.

This type of response does NOT further that agenda.

Yata hey

Flyer22

imported post

I have read books that were written by LEOs who spent much of their careers undercover, and they NEVER OC'ed. And they never joked about being undercover. On the contrary, they found ways tofit in withcriminals. In other words, no LEO would think that the OP was trying to impersonate.

And by the way, that N. Carolina law criminalizes free speech.

Sam

imported post

:shock: Ouch, I would have not said that. IANAL but that seems like a no no to me.

Just my opinion.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, at least he wasn't wearing one of those customized state open carry or concealed carry badges... :lol:

NClarge.jpg

work.2632359.2.flat,550x550,075,f.2nd-amendment-badge.jpg

If I ever catch any of you in public with one of these on I'll...... laugh my ass off and then I don't know what will happen after that...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Well, at least he wasn't wearing one of those customized state open carry or concealed carry badges... :lol:

If I ever catch any of you in public with one of these on I'll...... laugh my ass off and then I don't know what will happen after that...
Groan.....you had to do it didn't you. :)

I have nightmares about those CC badges - they are chasing me - they're gaining on me ..........help! ........ :shock:

Yata hey

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
tekshogun wrote:

Groan.....you had to do it didn't you. :)

I have nightmares about those CC badges - they are chasing me - they're gaining on me ..........help! ........ :shock:

Yata hey

I can't help but to rib the CC badge market. I would almost pay to see the look on a police officer's face if he asked for the CC permit and someone took out a detective-stylebadge wallet with that thing and their permit in there.

Eeyore

imported post

REX681959 wrote:
But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ??????
I have wondered about this for a while. My conclusion so far is that these people who claim to be "frightened" by an OCer are clearly not. Otherwise, they would not confront/antagonize you. If they were truly frightened, they'd cower somewhere while calling 911 with their cell phones. They obviously understand that you are not a threat, but maybe only at a sub-conscious level.

Perhaps this is another manifestion of projection: "somebody else must be frightened by this". They feel sympathetic anxiety for the "somebody else" (who may or may not exist) and interpret that as their own fear. Probably they don't even realize that they themselves aren't really frightened.

This theory doesn't include the rabid anti's who are so incensed by the presence of a weapon that they abandon all rational thought. Their political fervor overwhelms their survival instinct and they verbally attck and armed person.

'Course, I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know nuthin.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

REX681959 wrote:
You don't spit into the wind , You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you must definitely do NOT argue with a man with a gun. This just seems like common sense. But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ?????? Now on the other side of the coin, the other day I was in the grocery store & was approached by a VERY elderly lady & asked " Are you a policeman?"Now picture this. I'm 5 ft 8 , 240 lbs wearing the brightest Hawaiian shirt you ever saw with a big 45acp strapped on. I couldn't help myself. I put my finger to my lips & said shhhhhhhh I'm undercover. :lol::lol::lol::lol: She says in a whisper Oh ok & walks off. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I laughed for days.

Are you sure you're not confusing "confrontation" with someone simplymaking an inquiry?

I think you missed a chance to educate someone, in the incidence you described. The elderly lady may not have seen anyone OC except for LEO. Had you politely explained the laws to her, she might have told her friends at the next quilting BEE about the very nice man she met in the grocery store , that was carrying a gun.:D

That would make you the Brady Bunchs' worst nightmare. :what:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Eeyore wrote:
REX681959 wrote:
But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ??????
I have wondered about this for a while. My conclusion so far is that these people who claim to be "frightened" by an OCer are clearly not. Otherwise, they would not confront/antagonize you. If they were truly frightened, they'd cower somewhere while calling 911 with their cell phones. They obviously understand that you are not a threat, but maybe only at a sub-conscious level.

Perhaps this is another manifestion of projection: "somebody else must be frightened by this". They feel sympathetic anxiety for the "somebody else" (who may or may not exist) and interpret that as their own fear. Probably they don't even realize that they themselves aren't really frightened.

This theory doesn't include the rabid anti's who are so incensed by the presence of a weapon that they abandon all rational thought. Their political fervor overwhelms their survival instinct and they verbally attck and armed person.

'Course, I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know nuthin.
This is my Sheep in Wolf's Clothing syndrome - at the very least it is the I'm a big sheep attitude. They have to make a big show for the flock and their own self-esteem.

That and they want you to take your proper place in the flock so that all can be right with their world.

Just smile at them - they already know that you have fangs.

Yata hey

Dreamer

imported post

Tekshogun,

Now I know what to get you for Christmas this year...

Would you prefer gold or silver? :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Tekshogun,

Gold - but only if he wears it on a white shirt w/epaulets. :lol:

Yata hey

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Tekshogun,

:lol: I should have kept my mouth shut.....

I'll take one in silver for wearing. Any chance of getting a couple of big decals in gold to put on the sides of my HHR? And maybe a single dome strobe light? :lol:

Grapeshot wrote:
Gold - but only if he wears it on a white shirt w/epaulets. :lol:

Yata hey
Oh, great, if I wanted to wear epaulets, I'd dress up like Michael Jackson faux-military garb.

ocgso

imported post

REX681959 wrote:

That is what is funny about OC. Sheeple act like they are so scared, and feel the need to ask you why you are carrying a gun. If you are really that scared of my gun, you wouldn't stop me to discuss it :lol:

Just like when the cops get a MWAG call. If they are really afraid of the MWAG, then why are they still in the store when the cops arrive?? If I am afraid of someone, I wouldn't stand around waiting for the perceived and impending (in my mind) shootout when the cops get there.....

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID:banghead:

thinbluelines&w40ve

imported post

I'm terrified of spiders, I sure as hell aint gonna walk up to a black widow and ask it why it's venomous. These people aren't scared. They are just looking for a reason to force their misinformed opinions on law abiding people. A woman (probably a general in the Mothers Of America) approached me in food lion the other day and asked me if i could cover my weapon because it might "terrify" her children. My response was, "no mam because I dont have a CCW and i would then be breaking the law.Then i look down at her son who is staring at my hip with the biggest smile on his face.

FBI Agent

imported post

My response was, "no mam because I dont have a CCW and i would then be breaking the law.Then i look down at her son who is staring at my hip with the biggest smile on his face.

Priceless, best response i've seen in a long time

Dreamer

imported post

To the OP, here's a little reminder as to what can happen in NC when you get caught impersonating a police officer...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/86866752.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 8 2010
Man Charged With Impersonating Police
Jacksonville Police say Kevin Wolfe stopped at the scene of a car crash and told the people he was a law enforcement officer.

A man is facing charges for pretending to be a police officer. Jacksonville Police charged Kevin Wolfe of Harvey Street aboard Camp Lejeune with carrying a concealed weapon, impersonating a law enforcement officer and operating a vehicle with a blue light.

Police say Wolfe stopped at the scene of an accident Friday night, told the drivers involved that he was a law enforcement officer, and told them to wait for his deputies to arrive. When law enforcement did arrive, they say he had a concealed BB gun modeled after a .45-caliber handgun in his vehicle and blue lights attached to his 2005 silver Dodge Neon.

Wolfe's bond was set at $7,500. He had a first court appearance scheduled for Monday.