• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Official "Put a Picture to a Name" Thread

shad0wfax

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I'll admit to being envious about your MARPAT.as it actually works. They just issued some of us the Multi-cam and Universal-2 pattern.

I was at fort leanordwood a few weeks back for an air assult course. and there were marines there with us in the classes.. They are some funny dudes, ill give em that!

But..One guy was eating sand?..... Im glad you werent a sand eater. Most are under credited . When we were in country.. i bailed on the AD, and NG dudes to kick it with some of the combat arms marines.
Unlike the ACU "digicam" pattern the army uses... All you guys blend in with is other soldiers. Multi-cam is good stuff if you're in the desert, or really any arid environment, it's just hellaciously hard to find NIR compliant Multicam as a civilian. :/

As for Marines, it takes a special breed of something-or-another to join the Corps. :lol: I was on a base that had Army, Navy, and Marines on it. I used to drive by the AF barracks and I'd see 2-3 wing-wipers riding exercise bikes for PT. Driving by the Navy barracks I'd see 2-3 chubby squids running on treadmills or maybe pumping iron on one of the rack and pin weight machines. However, driving by the Corps' barracks I'd almost always see 5-6 guys pumping freeweights and 5-6 more guys standing in front of the mirror with their shirts off, flexing (and probably grunting too).

Special breed... but they all shot well.

Aryk45XD

imported post

The only evil is behind the smile. I'm not like any of the "usual" Navy guys or been on the same type of base as them. Oh, and I had a lot of Marines working for me. It was all good though... I got along with them a hell of a lot more than the Navy guys.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
How can you ride without a helmet????

Go back to MSFC!!!!!

I grew up riding with out a helmet, people are still free enough in some states you still can, that pic was taken in Montana.

We ran with sissors, no seat belts, got swats in schooland played in the street too. I took a 1917 Enfield to school for show and tell in 5th grade with ammo.

Poo where the heck is MSFC, I might go back if it was fun the 1st time I was there.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Orphan wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
How can you ride without a helmet????

Go back to MSFC!!!!!

I grew up riding with out a helmet, people are still free enough in some states you still can, that pic was taken in Montana.

We ran with sissors, no seat belts, got swats in schooland played in the street too. I took a 1917 Enfield to school for show and tell in 5th grade with ammo.

Poo where the heck is MSFC, I might go back if it was fun the 1st time I was there.
http://www.esc.org/motorcycle.php

They contract with Renton Motorcycle Co. They have advanced classes too.

Somewhere around Renton, they also have a police motorcycle course that's about $1000+ where you ride the kawasexy bikes that cops do and go thru their advanced maneuvers. Very intense. :shock:

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Poo I've been riding Harleys for the last 42 years dont know if I could ride anything else, probably get bucked off on the 1st turn LOL. As far as training goes it would take more than a few classes to break all of the bad habits I have learned over the last40 years. The good news is that, knock on wood, I seem to have stopped running into the sides of cars about 30 years ago. If you everget to Spokane we can goshooting and I'll take you :what:for a ride onmy HD.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Orphan wrote:
Poo I've been riding Harleys for the last 42 years dont know if I could ride anything else, probably get bucked off on the 1st turn LOL. As far as training goes it would take more than a few classes to break all of the bad habits I have learned over the last40 years. The good news is that, knock on wood, I seem to have stopped running into the sides of cars about 30 years ago. If you everget to Spokane we can goshooting and I'll take you :what:for a ride onmy HD.
I am so glad I passed the test, I never want to take the test again or ride the way they teach you to. Way too complicated for my brain.

On the second day right after we passed the test and were bidding farewells...two cruisers rode by our parking lot course ripping mini wheelies, radios blasting, skull caps on :what:

I'll take you up for your offer if I ever make it to Spokane,

til then, stay vertical ;)

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Orphan wrote:
I am so glad I passed the test, I never want to take the test again or ride the way they teach you to. Way too complicated for my brain.

On the second day right after we passed the test and were bidding farewells...two cruisers rode by our parking lot course ripping mini wheelies, radios blasting, skull caps on :what:

I'll take you up for your offer if I ever make it to Spokane,

til then, stay vertical ;)
Poo, what are you doing on a bike anyway, arent you supposed to be ina honda drifting sideways? And I'd hate to see the women you go out with if you think I look like one.

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Poo, what are you doing on a bike anyway, arent you supposed to be ina honda drifting sideways? And I'd hate to see the women you go out with if you think I look like one.
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya-re! :p

Agent 47

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
Don't have any pics handy but this is me shooting one of my toys a couple months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDtp0OczJk
Looks like you let your hair grow.  How come?  Run out of blades?

Got sick of running my head into anything that came within range. Its amazing how often you bump your head when you don't have hair to warn you when you are getting to close.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Hello. :)

20030524PFCE___SPCM___SSGM___SGTR__.jpg

Inside BIAP during OIF I:
20030523PFCE___SPCM___SSGM___SGTR__.jpg

Ok give me a break. I just got off of guarding the front post, was shot at during that shift, and here had JUST finished full maintenance on 4 MK19's for the battery. Oh yeah, I wonder what that yellow tape is behind me. Perhaps the aforementioned UXO behind my cot? :banghead:
20030525PFCE___SPCM___SSGM___SGTR__.jpg

Don't have any current pics, but think that right there, minus 5 years of PT.

:D