• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

taking my CCW class 2morow

Mike In Reno

imported post

woot woot, im finally taking my ccw class with reno tactical, gunna qualify with my .45, XD .40 , and a revolver , its gunna be fun! will post pics on Nevada OC facebook page

Sabotage70

imported post

Is that the only firearms you have? If not take them all with you. If you can borrow some that way you have as many as you can on your CCW. Taking the wheel gun is a big plus though. That lets you carry anything from a 22lr to the Taurus Judge that shoots 410 shotgun shells.

I don't know how much or even if they charge you to add guns to your CCW. But down here in Clark county it's $25 each time you want to update your card.

Mike In Reno

imported post

yeah well see, i was trying to find out, when i qual with my xd 40, does that allow me to carry any other semi auto .40 cal? or only that XD

Sabotage70

imported post

Nope, it goes Make/Model/Caliber.

Even though glocks have basically three sizes(full,compact and sub compact) and they all work the same. You have to qualify with each one.

I have a XDm 40, the XDm 9 is the same in every way. But sense it is a another caliber I can't CC that gun.

Yard Sale

imported post

How's it going? A foot of snow and it's still coming down. I don't think you'll be recovering your brass at the range today!

The make-model-caliber thing is weak sauce. A Glock is a Glock, like a revolver is a revolver. I "qualified" (ahem) with a small one and a big one but if I want to get a medium one I have to qualify with it.

Yeah you can bring a truck load of guns to qualify with but what's the point? I only want to carry the ones I've tested extensively with defensive ammo.

Sabotage70

imported post

Not my rules. I think they're pretty stupid myself. The reason why I said bring or borrow as many as he could was just in case something catches his eye down the road he doesn't have to add it later.

When I had my XDm added I took my S&W 22a along also. I know there is a very good chance I will never carry but just in case for some odd reason it's on there.

Mike In Reno

imported post

IT WAS ALOT OF FUN, just got back, heres a pic

2010-02-21155154.jpg

Yard Sale

imported post

Nice to see someone who can put the rounds on the target!At my recent renewalI was tearing up the center of my target until the instructor has us engage two targets, ours and our neighbor's. At the end of that exercise, my neighbor hadruined my beautiful target with shots scattered all around my group. :banghead:

Vegassteve

imported post

Yard Sale wrote:
Nice to see someone who can put the rounds on the target!At my recent renewalI was tearing up the center of my target until the instructor has us engage two targets, ours and our neighbor's. At the end of that exercise, my neighbor hadruined my beautiful target with shots scattered all around my group. :banghead:
Did the instructor do that as a requirement? Who was this instructor? I have had it with these bonehead instructors who think they know what they are doing.

Yard Sale

imported post

I have had it with these bonehead instructors who think they know what they are doing.

The instructor had us engage multiple targets. I didn't ask if it was required or optional, I was happy for the range time. Because there were only a few of us in the class, we got extra range time and more instruction, such as engaging on the move, something I assume is way out of the league of an average, well-attended CCW class. The instructor isnot a bonehead and he knows what he's doing.

I'm think if you said it's too hard or you wanted to go home and askedfor the minimum required test, he'd watch you stand there and plink away at your single target from low ready.

jfrey123

imported post

Mike In Reno wrote:
IT WAS ALOT OF FUN, just got back, heres a pic

2010-02-21155154.jpg

Hmmm... I had been wondering if you were the same guy I knew under a different screen name. Hadn't seen you on some of the other forums in a while and didn't know you changed names.