• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sunday 2/21/09 Open Carry get together

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Well I have the 21st off but have a late meeting at 8 pm and wanted to see If anyone wants to get together in the morning and stroll some streets or have lunch!

Don't really care where so If there are any ideas lets hear em.

GoDSpeeD

Sabotage70

imported post

Sunday's not going to work for me. I'll be at the races. Unfortunately I won't be OC'ing there. Going over LVMS's web sight doing a little research I found what I was looking for.

Prohibited Items
Smoking (Prohibited in grandstand seating areas only)

Umbrellas

Coolers (Including food or beverage with the exception of bottled water)

Stadium seats wider than 18 inches

Illegal Drugs

Fires, Grills, Fireworks

Weapons Of Any Description

Folding Chairs

Glass Containers

Pets (except service animals assisting those with disabilities)

Scaffolds

Noise Makers, Horns, Helium Balloons, Beach Balls

Others items in the judgment of speedway management or security staff which pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of the event by other patrons

The way I see it, that just means visable.;)

After all concealed means concealed.

odesskiy

imported post

I wouldn't mind some lunch at all! Not sure when I'm going to wake up, since it's 3am and I'm still up :D The dog will probably get me up around 9 or 10, so I'll check this thread first thing to see if we're planning a lunch get together. Maybe we should get some sandwiches from that Whole Foods :shock::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Well, I wouldn't mind having some steak and eggs lunch. I don't live near henderson so if you can think of a good location other than Ihop (because that's not breakfast) post it up and i'll meet you there.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I'm down for whatever Tread on me... Maybe I can get my dad to come and check out the park. He has been wanting too

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Well guys you missed out!

We went and ate lunch at Magoo's and then Don't Tread On Me and I went to the new shooting park way out by Aliante. Don't worry there are pics to be had and I will post em soon. Not high resolution though. Also got some video of Tread shooting a AR Pistol.

Don't worry about missing out. I am working on a calender for the OC community which includes some range time. Just waiting to talk to Tim and get some input.

GoDSpeeD

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

We had so much fun at the shooting park, it is structured, but laid back and no attitude. There was a little mix up when we arrived as the range master got us confused when about 12 people showed up at once.

They put us on the pistol/ 22lr side and we had brought some larger stuff, it wasn't long before they realized the error and let us run the big stuff in the little pond. We had a little crowd from time to time, and a few haters, but when we were leaving neither one of us could stop grinning. Good day, lets do that again.

odesskiy

imported post

Darn, I wish I didn't miss out on the shooting, but I still had fun having lunch with you guys. Oh, and I'm still feeling that gut bomb they call "country scramble" :lol: