• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

buffalo wild wings VERY anti-gun

gmijackso

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
gmijackso wrote:
VegasGlocKid wrote:
does anyone have any contact information for someone higher up?
You have PM
Would be great if everyone could have the email address so we could all contact them to voice our opinions.
I dunno how appropriate it is to post contact info for somebody on the forum publicly, so I sent it as PM to GlocKid. However, it is publicly available through google.

I will add that she is a non-voting member of the AH&LA Board of Directors 2010 and is listed as such on their roster.

Google is your friend.

If I get confirmation that it is ok to post info such as this, I'll do so more freely in the future.

Vegassteve

VegasGlocKid

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
VegasGlocKid wrote:
well if we get permission to post contact info im sure it wouldnt be a problem.
It aint a state secret is it?

http://listening.buffalowildwings.com/contact.php

Or become a facebook fan and let them know that way

http://www.facebook.com/BuffaloWildWings

Or call the store and ask for the owner or mgr as these may be a franchise.

Phone: 702-614-0238
7430 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Suite 120
Las Vegas, NV 89123-1063

Actually it was tough finding any sort of direct email link. The website has a complaints page but it limits you to 1500 character (and i had a lot more than 1500 letters to say to them) and it doesn't go directly to the CEO. And if i called the store and ask for the manager. i would get the same prick that kicked us out and he didn't seem to know anything about guns or laws associated with them

Vegassteve

imported post

VegasGlocKid wrote:
And if i called the store and ask for the manager. i would get the same prick that kicked us out and he didn't seem to know anything about guns or laws associated with them
If?? Sounds like you dont want to call them. Why not call and ask for the owner? These are franchises most of them.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

VegasGlocKid wrote:
marshaul wrote:
VegasGlocKid wrote:
The manager proceeded to threaten to call the cops before we could even sign our check and we were tempted to walk out without paying.
If you've been trespassed off, isn't it legal to not pay? How can you pay if you're being told to leave?
I know, im kicking myself for that now. Didnt think of it in the heat of the moment...plus my friend was in the bathroom and unware of the event until he came out and the check was already on our table....and i didnt want to get involved in not paying and police....id rather leave and then speak to someone higher up...
You definitely made the right decision to pay the bill before living. Stiffing them would have complicated your situation.

How much was the bill?

And were you guys drinking at the BWW?

VegasGlocKid

imported post

we both had one beer to wash the wings down with....putting us nowhere near the allowed .10 limit.

bill came out to about $55.

I wont go out of my way to call anyone. If the CEO i emailed doesnt feel like gun toting customers should be allowed than i dont feel like eating wings at that join anymore.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

VegasGlocKid wrote:
we both had one beer to wash the wings down with....putting us nowhere near the allowed .10 limit.

bill came out to about $55.
I hope you left a tip.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

of course! the server was very nice....and beautiful. and she said she was thankful that if anything DID happen there is someone armed in there....

but still. "company policy" shouldn't that mean the waitress was suppose to KNOW firearms aren't allowed? she either was improperly trained....or wanted that tip.

Facejackets

imported post

Its pretty ironic how a gun store opened 4 doors down from the BWW that turned away the OC event.

I have OC'd there multiple times since they turned everyone down.

Myself, and one of the owners of the gun store have eaten there while OCing.

I have never had a problem.

Also, when people are in the store and need an ATM, I send them to BWW's to use thiers!!!

Take that BBW!

infinitearms

imported post

That would be my gun store. We opened in the same shopping center as BWW on Centennial Pkwy, not the BWW on Craig Rd that denied the OCDO gathering.

Why would you not want to spend money with us for being in the same shopping center as an anti-gun restaurant? You were happy enough with our service to post a good review here on OCDO, hopefully being near a BWW wouldn't change that.

vegasche1023

imported post

I ate there on tuesday 3/2 and didn't have a problem. I'm positive the manager noticed because the waitress spilled a drink on my lap, and he came over to apologize and discount 20% from our bill(I was standing strong side facing him, cleaning myself off).

GoDSpeeD

imported post

that is a great idea, and in front of smiths too. if there is a no gun policy, it should be stated at the door. not after a meal.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

vegasche1023 wrote:
I ate there on tuesday 3/2 and didn't have a problem. I'm positive the manager noticed because the waitress spilled a drink on my lap, and he came over to apologize and discount 20% from our bill(I was standing strong side facing him, cleaning myself off).
Which BWW did you eat at? and if it was the one by the belz outlet. do you recall the managers name?

i might be able to bring up discriminatory issues if it was the same one and he didnt have a problem with you....

Chez

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
Unfortunately for those of us that carry fire arms, private businesses have the same constitutional rights as we do…and they have the right to post signs prohibiting us from entering there business…

Not all would agree BWW is a private business. It is a public corporations and invites the public in.

Here is a judge that takes the opposite side of your arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1Wgkh5MeE

VegasGlocKid

imported post

well i wish i would have known that before....i would have told the manager to pound sand and ordered another basket of wings ;)