• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

buffalo wild wings VERY anti-gun

VegasGlocKid

imported post

so me and my buddy were enjoying some wings during the ufc fights tonight. we both had glocks on our hips and we were at the wild wings on vegas blvd by the belz outlet. The whole night went fine and just before our last wing and the check came the manager walked up to our table in a very unprofessional loud voice saying that we needed to leave this instant, attracting unwanted attention from just about every customer in there that was well aware we had guns the whole time.

The manager proceeded to threaten to call the cops before we could even sign our check and we were tempted to walk out without paying. I calming informed them about nevada law and he said he doesnt care about the law because wild wings "policy" states no guns allowed. (no sign at the entrance) i asked if he could supply a copy of company policy and he said if you wanna get smart with me ill call the police. at that point we were walking out the door with all the customers looking at us like we were about to shoot the place up. Yet we were there for about 2 hours calm and quiet eating and conversation with customers who wanted to know if it was legal.

I then informed the manager that the server knew about our guns the whole time and if they have company policy, wouldnt that mean they hire incompetent employees?

then the big "tough guy" cook came storming out and saying look guys get the hell out of here (while we were in the parking lot on our way to our vehicle) and he swore by his life that carrying a gun anywhere that sells alcohol is against the law. I then proceeded to tell him about the legal BAC and the law about carrying again.

the manager ended the conversation with "i dont care what the law says. you arent allowed to do it"

i will never go back to a buffalo wild wings and i got the managers first and last name and i want to contact someone higher up about this. ive never typed a formal letter to someone like ive seen some of you guys do. i was wondering how i could go about contacting someone higher than that scumbag and informing them about state law and asking what their take on this whole thing is.

flagellum

imported post

I've heard of them having a no-gun policy before but this is just ridiculous. I'll make sure that I never spend a dime there.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

what puzzles me is "company policy" shouldnt that mean ALL BWW? theres people i know and people on here that have been to BWW without a second glance or glare from customers or employees.

doninvegas

imported post

Perhaps there is an answer to this kind of treatment....back in the 60's we use to get a bunch of people together and make signs and just picket the place...of corse here in vegas you might need to get a permit...but it worked then with 100 people walking out side on a busy day telling of there abuse and ignorance and disrespect for the law..

just an idea....;)

G

imported post

I have posted this before. This is the sign they posted the day we met for lunch.

doninvegas

imported post

Unfortunately for those of us that carry fire arms, private businesses have the same constitutional rights as we do…and they have the right to post signs prohibiting us from entering there business…
But we still have the right to boycott them …….

Pikachu711

imported post

I wonder if this ban on firearms includes law enforcement officers? More often that not you see some type of exemption for LEO's in the posted signage.

Gordie

imported post

I would have left right then without paying the check. If they let you sit there the whole time until you were done, it is obvious that they weren't afraid of youor too worried about policy.

Of course the best course of action is to give your money to gun friendly businesses.

Slidell Jim

imported post

I OC in the BWW for lunch on Saturday Feb 20th, the same day you are talking about. The BWW on Brownswitch Dr in Slidell, La. No problems with the customers or employees.

G

imported post

I support everyone who OC's even if I carry concealed 90% of the time, but if a business doesn't want me to OC then I either shop elsewhere or if the product they have is something I can't live without or get somewhere else I CC. I have only had one experience with a business and it was positive but if I am ever approached and ask to leave that's just what I will do and then email them later to discuss it.

As for buffalo wild wings I have been there twice and have been dissatisfied with the service and food and have no need to go back.

By the way OCing outside of Clark county is much more accepted and I applaud those who do it here in the Vegas area.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

we made it a point to look all over the front entrance AND waitress podium for any sort of sign. None was found. waitress even went as far a thanking us for choosing that store just incase SHTF. BUT NOOOOO the manager had to wait until we racked the bill up before making a scene.

does anyone have any contact information for someone higher up?

the website limits me to 1500 characters for a complaint letter. and sally smith (ceo) email doesnt work anymore.

Sabotage70

imported post

Looks like they need a sticker on the door. :lol:

GunFreeZone.jpg

VegasGlocKid

imported post

haha i like that sign. thats pretty much the message i got. "we dont let you have guns so that we are an easy target"

thanks for the info in my pm.

emailed sally a very nice letter. and if nothing happens i say we get together for lunch and bring some signs and stand out front....OCing of course

The Big Guy

imported post

I've read a lot of posts from different states about them. Seems they are known far and wide for not allowing guns, and being nasty about it. They have so much competition that I don't see any problem not doing business with them. Heck, it's not as if there isn't anyplace else to eat in Vegas.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VegasGlocKid wrote:
The manager proceeded to threaten to call the cops before we could even sign our check and we were tempted to walk out without paying.
If you've been trespassed off, isn't it legal to not pay? How can you pay if you're being told to leave?

VegasGlocKid

imported post

marshaul wrote:
VegasGlocKid wrote:
The manager proceeded to threaten to call the cops before we could even sign our check and we were tempted to walk out without paying.
If you've been trespassed off, isn't it legal to not pay? How can you pay if you're being told to leave?
I know, im kicking myself for that now. Didnt think of it in the heat of the moment...plus my friend was in the bathroom and unware of the event until he came out and the check was already on our table....and i didnt want to get involved in not paying and police....id rather leave and then speak to someone higher up...

thats why i need to oc in your group on the next get together...yall have way more clever things and law to throw back at them.