• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry get together 2/27/2010 NLV

GoDSpeeD

imported post

A few guys want to do an open carry cleanup next to the police station in North Las Vegas to help the community. I think its on Lake Mead and bruce, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the location. Hope to see you there.

GoDSpeeD

GoDSpeeD

imported post

How about 11am. Do some cleaning and maybe lunch afterwards.
We can meet in the Arby's parking lot again.

BBJCaptain

imported post

Tim, I would like to thank you for all the effort you put in for all of us in Las Vegas!! I have been OC for 2 yrs now, and at first I was a little worried about the LVMPD. As you now I am sure, LEO's in LV come from all over (even the peoples republic of Calif). I was worried about coming across that one LEO that would go overboard to make his point. This caused me to only carry at certain times and places. Thanks to your efforts and the fine Patriots on this forum, I now OC every time I leave my front door and in total comfort that I am in the right to exercise my rights. The neighbor down the streets home has been broken into 3 times in 5 months. Know that I OC in my front yard to mow the grass, wash my truck, or just enjoy the view. I no longer have people driving down the street real slow, checking out the neighborhood. When they do I can see the look on their faces as the speed down the street when they see that I am protecting mine and my neighbors safety.

I would really like to be there with everyone on the 27th but not sure when I will be back in Vegas. ( I am in China for work till ? ) I seem to recall a post that talked about having a CC if you were planning to OC in NLV. It could have been an older post cuz I have read a lot of this forum lately. NLV is one of the only spot in town I don't OC. It would be nice not to have to leave it in the truck.

What a Country
Rolla

George Washington on the Constitution

"its only keepers, the people"

greengum

imported post

How are them open carry laws in China working out for you!!!!?? I know that the first and most important step is to be free in your mind, meaning you know it is right, legal, and just. It is just a shame there are so few of us. Are we going to be handing out flyers at this meet up? If so I will pitch in a few bucks or have them printed up. Challenging the authority on an unjust city ordinace is one thing, but I think we should also get the word out... Just some thoughts don't flame!!!

doninvegas

imported post

I get a little jumpy in NLV… as that is where I was poorly treated by a LEO…

This was my only encounter with Vegas cops and I hope the last….
But If i can find a outside holster for my carry piece i' ll try it again...:?

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Ooh, ooh ..... me too!

That's also only a few blocks from Bargain Pawn, for any who want to browse their gun goodies afterward. (1901 Las Vegas Blvd)

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
I get a little jumpy in NLV… as that is where I was poorly treated by a LEO…

This was my only encounter with Vegas cops and I hope the last….
But If i can find a outside holster for my carry piece i' ll try it again...:?

What a great way to "get back on the horse that bucked you off" and fun to boot. we are not proffessional promotors here, we really are having fun.

Suggestions for your holster:

Calvadapolice equipment (702) 385-2677 - 622 N Rainbow Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107

this store is Very OC friendly will never be to busy with something else to make sure you have the right carry rig. and they are now stocking AR parts :lol:Hope to see you there

doninvegas

imported post

You might be right about getting bucked off...lol...Maybe it wont look like rain and ill ride my nice HD also...and I can always leave my jacket off and ware my shoulder holster...:celebrate

doninvegas

imported post

Vegas Rick wrote:
Ooh, ooh ..... me too!

That's also only a few blocks from Bargain Pawn, for any who want to browse their gun goodies afterward. (1901 Las Vegas Blvd)

Great TOY store...I like getting Glen to talk about gun rights...lol
He sure keeps up with things...;)

flagellum

imported post

I'll be there. I could use the EPR bullet :cool:

But really though, I'd love to get more exposure in NLV and help the community at the same time.

Remmy

imported post

I wanted to post this up for anyone not very familiar with this place or is new and or direction retarded like myself here is the address for Arby's were we are meeting on Saturday and I believe the set time currently is 11AM if this has changed someone shout out.

1300 East Lake Mead Boulevard
North Las Vegas, NV 89030-7121

doninvegas

imported post

Remmy wrote:
I wanted to post this up for anyone not very familiar with this place or is new and or direction retarded like myself here is the address for Arby's were we are meeting on Saturday and I believe the set time currently is 11AM if this has changed someone shout out.

1300 East Lake Mead Boulevard
North Las Vegas, NV 89030-7121
That is cool...some of us rely on other toys like GPS to get to the store and stuff...I think OLD folks need more TOYS...:lol:

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Just wanted to bump this post. The weather looks like its going to be rainy.. Time to bust out the stainless steel?