• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unconcealed gun causes stir in Prosser restaurant

RDrettwan

imported post

I never like the tri harder herald I mean Tri-City Herald. They dont get the facts before publishing stories. The writer Kirsten is really big at doing that.

Machoduck

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
Why? Just....Why? :shock:
Why what? Conversely, why who?

For my part, I have lots of questions for myself in my after-action review.

If it's the prosecution, I have a theory which I intend keeping to myself for a while yet. If it's people who lied about what went on, and it is plural, you would have to ask them; just don't expect an honest answer.

MD

Machoduck

imported post

RDrettwan wrote:
I never like the tri harder herald I mean Tri-City Herald. They dont get the facts before publishing stories. The writer Kirsten is really big at doing that.
I thought Kristen did a good job, actually. Given that a reporter, ideally, should not purposely take sides, I thought she did a good job. She got airport carry wrong but some of us do that in the beginning. Some of the quotes sounded a little off, which I attribute to the need for brevity.

Some of the comments following the article are good, making me optimistic about the future of the republic. Some others, in the minority thank goodness, are an embarrassment to the writers. Kinda makes you wonder if their mommies and daddies let them out during the day.

MD

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Some of the comments following the article are good, making me optimistic about the future of the republic. Some others, in the minority thank goodness, are an embarrassment to the writers. Kinda makes you wonder if their mommies and daddies let them out during the day.

MD
Therein lies the root of the problem.......no parental supervision.

Yata hey

DaemonForce

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Why what?
All of it. I come in here expecting something good for once and once again my eyes are locked onthe article like it's a train wreck because I'm reading a damn tragedy. It makes me want to hit someone upside the head and light myself on fire while running around screaming something awful dot com. Good God, just the level of tenacity these little midgets..errr managers have these days because their policy forbids them possession of firearms while on the clock. They're always looking for an excuse to blow up at others. That's where the real problem is.:shock:

I've noticed a trend these days concerning people that freak about open carry:
When it's a man, they're usually completely useless.
When it's a girl, they're usually in a place of power.
Both are uneducated and rightly stupid.

Why this looks about right, I pray I never know. :uhoh:

amlevin

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I'm sorry you have to endure the trouble, but hopefully that manager and officer get a real good lesson. Go get 'em.
Don't hold your breath. Prosser isn't exactly the place where those with hi IQ's go to work, be it Police Department or McDonald's.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
A 68 year old mad said

"Bring it bitch."

Not on any planet I know of. Talk about a lying manager.
There have been some off the wall things I heard 'older' people say, but "Bring it on Bitch," no freaking way!

Aryk45XD

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
I'm sorry you have to endure the trouble, but hopefully that manager and officer get a real good lesson. Go get 'em.
Don't hold your breath. Prosser isn't exactly the place where those with hi IQ's go to work, be it Police Department or McDonald's.
Lol, true, seems they can never get peoples orders completely correct or have it done in a timely fashion. McDonald's isn't much better.

DaemonForce

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
Lol, true, seems they can never get peoples orders completely correct or have it done in a timely fashion. McDonald's isn't much better.
Confirmed. Also the last time I was in there, some blond girl that looked like she was still in high school asked me for my name and tried writing it on the receipt. Whyanyone would write my name different than the bible is beyond me. :(

The next time I go in there she's 3x more likely to ask for my number too. :X

As long as I go in there during night shift, I'm okay.

deanf

imported post

Confirmed. Also the last time I was in there, some blond girl that looked like she was still in high school asked me for my name and tried writing it on the receipt. Why anyone would write my name different than the bible is beyond me.

The next time I go in there she's 3x more likely to ask for my number too.

As long as I go in there during night shift, I'm okay.

That makes no sense.:?

Sparky508

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
deanf wrote:
That makes no sense.:?
If it makes sense to you, you understand how stupid people can be and probably have more than a few stories to share.
If not, you have no idea how people really are and I envy your ignorance. ;)

:uhoh:

I need an adult...........

Dave Workman

imported post

Forgive my ignorance, but is Duncan a member here? He looks familiar, maybe from Beal's barbecue.

Like to do an interview with him for GUN WEEK.

RDrettwan

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but is Duncan a member here? He looks familiar, maybe from Beal's barbecue.

According to the news article yes he is, Thats how I found this place.

kenshin

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:

You're looking for Machoduck, he was at Jim's BBQ. I had a great conversation with him and his wife. Good people, no way would I believe he said what the McD's manager said he did.

Best of luck to you MD.

midiwall

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

I think it stopped counting. I just voted and it says 34 total votes.
Looks like they fixed it...

20100221_TriCityPoll.png

TriCityOC

imported post

Stretch wrote:
Hmm, looks like a trip to Prosser for a cup of java is on the plans shortly. There is a Starbucks directly across the street from McD's.

I'll have to ask about some of the local officers in Prosser, I do know of one that has some "small badge" syndrome, but other than that, I've heard nothing else negative about them.

Let's keep in mind that all the Officer's did was assess the situation and then turn him loose, with his weapon and ammo. Granted they may have exercised a lot of caution in approaching him, but he was waiting in his car according to the article. Approaching an armed man in a vehicle is a dangerous proposition for cops espescially when you know that he is waiting for you to get there. Cops are trained to plan for the worst and hope for the best, it is a good way to stay alive. He had a pistol, so they brough stand off weapons. Not really a huge over reaction. They forwarded a report, not a citation, to the prosecutor's office. Again, standard practice for issues like this. If anyone is to blame here it is McD's Manager for her over reaction, McD's for their lack of clear Starbuckslike policy, and the Prosecutor for trying to make a case where there wasn't one.

Sounds to me like the PD did it right. I'm not saying they couldn't have done it better, but there were lots of possible ways to approach this and they chose a conservative one, not a bad choice.

Lante

imported post

Hes been at a few of the meets...great guy, nice wife. No way he said that.

Sounds wrong due to age / style....
Sounds wrong due to being with his wife....
Sounds wrong from my conversations with him....