• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 2/27/10 @ new time

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We are going to have breakfast - startring at 7:30 AM - at the Doswell All American Truck Plaza, and then some of us are going to head over to Meadow Event Park to set up the VCDL table for the gun show.

The Doswell All American Truck Plaza is across the street from King's Dominion. Do I really have to draw you a map of where it is? Get off I-95 and follow the signs for King's Dominion. Instead of turning in there. turn in across the street at the truck stop. You may have to loop around te truck fueling stuff to get to the restaurant, but it's not difficult to do.

As for the Doswellll gun show - get ready to parrrrrrrrrrrrty!

I got this message from the show promoters:

To: Sent: 2/14/2010 11:19:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Virginia Beach and Fredericksburg VA: Feb. 20-21, 2010: Gun Show Canceled.

Dear Dealers:

The Feb. 20-21 2010, show in Fredericksburg and/or Virginia Beach, Va.,
has been canceled.

Our next show is in Doswell Virginia Feb 27-28, 2010. This show will feature an indoor laser tag arena and virtual indoor hunting. If you would like to book this show, please contact us as soon as possible.

We hope to see you there.

Our next show in Virginia Beach, is April 17-18, 2010.
Our next show in Fredericksburg is May 22-23, 2010.

Sorry if this has caused any confusion.

Sincerely,
Doc, Judd, and Russell

I'm taking sign-ups for Laser Tag Team OCDO. I'm also taking sign-ups for another team on another forum, so the competition is guranteed.

For some reason I'm thinking the laser tag & virtual hunting will be separate.

See you there.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Plenty of parking for big and small rigs alike.

See you there.

Yata hey

livitup

imported post

Darnit, this one is close enough for me to actually bother you at breakfast, but I'll be getting ready for a trip that evening to the big gun-free zone across the atlantic. :(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

livitup wrote:
Darnit, this one is close enough for me to actually bother you at breakfast, but I'll be getting ready for a trip that evening to the big gun-free zone across the atlantic. :(

You need to prioritize - lazer tag & virtual hunting after a filling breakfast (or is it a breakfast full of ....?) or hours of anticipation and re-reading that "Seat Cushion May Be Used As Flotation Device" tag to figure out if that means one may use it as such, or it might/might not serve as such.

Besides, if you buy anything at the show I'm sure there are several folks who would be willing to hold it for you till you return. Heck, some of them might even be willing to do the break-in work for you.:lol:

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

livitup wrote:
Gosh, golly, gee whiz - that covers virtually the rest of the known world. Since what they would seem to know about freedom would fit in your coffee cup, best to fill up before you leave.

See you when you get back to our little corner.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kennys wrote:
livitup wrote:
Darnit, this one is close enough for me to actually bother you at breakfast, but I'll be getting ready for a trip
that evening
to the big gun-free zone across the atlantic. :(
Skid, you did say AM right?

He has to travel from Culpeper, then get to an airport in time to wait several hours before being subjected to great humiliation and security drama.

And yes, breakfast happens in the AM hours for most folks. Same rule applies for us on Saturday 2/27.

stay safe.

skidmark

kennys

imported post

skidmark wrote:
kennys wrote:
livitup wrote:
Darnit, this one is close enough for me to actually bother you at breakfast, but I'll be getting ready for a trip
that evening
to the big gun-free zone across the atlantic. :(
Skid, you did say AM right?

He has to travel from Culpeper, then get to an airport in time to wait several hours before being subjected to great humiliation and security drama.

And yes, breakfast happens in the AM hours for most folks. Same rule applies for us on Saturday 2/27.

stay safe.

skidmark
I don't do airports any more, I didn't think about that. Good luck livit up.

Regular_Joe

imported post

livitup wrote:
Tell you what I'll do, neighbor - go ahead and buy whatever you need...and want...and I'll store if safely for you during your trip...of course, the range smell in the safe may drift over a bit...
:cool:
I do offer *free* break-in services...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Might see if I can stay up all night and make it. That's about the only way I'll get there that early. :D
I'll be in the near West End if you need a ride. Likely will not make the gun show because of other commitments though.

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Might see if I can stay up all night and make it. That's about the only way I'll get there that early. :D
I'll be in the near West End if you need a ride. Likely will not make the gun show because of other commitments though.

Yata hey
Thanks; I think I might be good wide rise. Girlfriend might want to go the show, but probably not the breakfast, as there was some guy with insects in display cases that she liked at the previous Doswell show.

Hey... if that's what it takes to get her to go to the gun shows. :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The gun show is looking like a great idea this weekend --
Feb. 27-28, 2010

Featuring 275 tables.
Featuring Indoor Laser Tag
Featuring Virtual Hunting and Shooting Games.

The SGK Gun Show returns this weekend to Doswell, Va. Just north of Richmond, at the Kings Dominion exit, the gun show will be held in the Farm Bureau Center at Meadow Event Park.

Bring the whole family: Included with admission is free access to our indoor laser tag area and virtual hunting and skeet games. Whether your a child, in your twenties, thirties, or older, you'll enjoy all day access to our indoor laser tag arenaand virtual hunting and shooting games with admission to the show. So come out and test your tactical combat skills in our laser tag arena or sharpen your shooting skills with our virtual hunting and skeet shooting games. Its all included in the price of admission.

Also, at 2:00 p.m. daily, we will feature the following seminar:
NONLETHAL SELF DEFENSE FOR THE CONCERNED CITIZEN
A brief studyand comparison ofthe various options available for civilian self defense. Presented by a certified law enforcement and civilian selfdefense expert trainer. This class will examine the pros and cons of different "non deadly" personal defense weapons. The instructor will present objective information concerning what works best as well as some of the associated legal concerns.Weapon options will include Pepper Spray, Stun Guns, Expandable Batons and TASER products.

Show hours: Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 10-4.
I'll understand if folks don't make the start of breakfast, but remember that it runs until at least lunch so you can always come in later on and still probably find someone still digesting both food and conversation.

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Always, great company!
Skidmark, Grapeshot, Curtis (the good one, not Sherlock's flunky), Kenny and another couple whom I forgot their names...sorry guys, old age.

Lots of trucks and not a single look.

Great pictures

breakfast-1.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Great pick, sure brings out the color of my hair.:lol:
It is said that certain beings cannot be photographed - wonder who amongst us caused that effect. :uhoh:

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
kennys wrote:
It is said that certain beings cannot be photographed - wonder who amongst us caused that effect. :uhoh:

Yata hey
I guess youhavn't got the pic decoding software frompeter nap yet?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
kennys wrote:

Yata hey
I guess youhavn't got the pic decoding software frompeter nap yet?
Likely includes a Blamey shell and that's serious hardware.

Yata hey