• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it always a crime to disobey police officer's order in Michigan?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I fail to see how anyone can read attitude into a text message. I have seen more attitudes attributed to text messages, than were actually intended. Perhaps this is the case?

1245A Defender

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
I fail to see how anyone can read attitude into a text message. I have seen more attitudes attributed to text messages, than were actually intended. Perhaps this is the case?
if you read hombre, or his alter ego from day 1, you would be clear about his attitude.
he was so blatent that you didnt need to wonder if he was being jeckle or hyde!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
if you read hombre, or his alter ego from day 1, you would be clear about his attitude.
he was so blatent that you didnt need to wonder if he was being jeckle or hyde!
Fair enough. I'm only going by the ones I've seen. I did take a look at some of the first ones, under Hombre, and they are questionable.

But I still think it's too easy to read the wrong attitude into a text message. I guess we'll just have to see what happens from here.

Adam-12

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Tell people to quit calling 911 every time somebody sees a guy with a gun and the police won't show up.  That simple.

Wow! So if I call 911 when I see a MWAB (man with a boyfriend), you'll come running and harass him for me? Or a MWDS (man with dark skin)? Or a MWSS (man who speaks spanish)?

Or are there only certain 100% legal, law-abiding activities that you'll show up and harass people for?

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Adam-12 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Tell people to quit calling 911 every time somebody sees a guy with a gun and the police won't show up. That simple.

Wow! So if I call 911 when I see a MWAB (man with a boyfriend), you'll come running and harass him for me? Or a MWDS (man with dark skin)? Or a MWSS (man who speaks spanish)?

Or are there only certain 100% legal, law-abiding activities that you'll show up and harass people for?
I like to pick my own poison. Not buying your argument because when the citizens call they call and say, "Help us......Lord HELP US!!! There's a fat guy with an AR15 at Ponderosa and he's wearing a terrorist scarf!!!! There's gonna be trouble at the Ponderosa!!! Come quick and you better bring lots of officers cause there's like six of them with guns!!!! Hurry! They're eating all the chicken wings at the buffet! Help......"

That's meant to be funny btw cause apparently that is NOT WHAT HAPPENED AT THE PONDEROSA INCIDENT. But, that is quite similar to what people say when they call in on someone who is open carrying.

eastmeyers

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Adam-12 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Tell people to quit calling 911 every time somebody sees a guy with a gun and the police won't show up. That simple.

I like to pick my own poison. Not buying your argument because when the citizens call they call and say, "Help us......Lord HELP US!!! There's a fat guy with an AR15 at Ponderosa and he's wearing a terrorist scarf!!!! There's gonna be trouble at the Ponderosa!!! Come quick and you better bring lots of officers cause there's like six of them with guns!!!! Hurry! They're eating all the chicken wings at the buffet! Help......"

That's meant to be funny btw cause apparently that is NOT WHAT HAPPENED AT THE PONDEROSA INCIDENT. But, that is quite similar to what people say when they call in on someone who is open carrying.

This is a lie. First of all IF your a LEO, are you now also in dispatch? Because we FOIA almost all of the 911 "emergency" calls that are made pertaining to MWAG calls on OCrs. And I have yet to hear one of ANYONE that was paniced. Period. End of story! They all are like, "ummm... their is some dude walking down 12 mile with a pistol in a holster, hes just walking down the street". Yeah sounds real threatening. How about I call everytime I see a cop? Umm yeah their is some guy in uniform, it says police, and he has a pistol in a holster and isn't doing anything wrong. Nothing would be done, why???? Because it is perfectly legal! Just like when I do it! WOW! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who would have funk!

God Bless

1245A Defender

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Adam-12 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

ive read and listened to many MWAG calls,, and they usually sound like.
yah, in a holster,, buying tomatoes,, a little girl is with him,, looks like a normal guy,, no hes not waiving it, or touching it, or anything,, hes got bread and hamberger and diet coke in his cart too. yah hes kind of fat and old and hes white!

mikestilly

imported post

Before you guys make love to Hombre you may want to check out his previous posts. Need more proof? :

Hombre:
This is fun. I forgot how much fun Trolling can be.

You guys don't know me very well. If you did you'd know I'm TRYING to piss you off. Lighten up, guys. It's the internet

Hombre:
There are 83 Sheriff's in Michigan. Several of those have no road patrol or a minimal road patrol. So, if you were really trying to get the word out to Law Enforcement, why didn't you send those packets to the HUNDREDS of law enforcement agencies in the state? Further, if you send those packets to the Sheriff's, why do you host some of your rally's in incorporated cities that have their own law enforcement agencies?

Sounds like baiting cops to me. Like I said at GL4x4. A bunch of professional carrot cuffers.

Hombre:
Without going into too much detail, I will simply say this. On those occasions where I was personally FORCED to deal with your group members, your people stayed in the area UNTIL someone called the police. That's right, they made damn sure somebody made an issue out of it. When an issue isn't made, you then see some idiot bring in an AR-15 to MAKE SURE that an issue is made.

Attention whores.

Hombre:
In many areas of our state, 911 operators are paid about $11 per hour. Further, they don't get many calls of "MWAG". And when they do, it creates confusion and fear. Welcome to the real world.

Hombre:
I'm going to do my job. Which includes settling the fears of other innocent, law abiding citizens. Other people who are just trying to eat at Ponderosa without a bunch of gun toting folks scaring the $h!t outta them.

I'm going to use my 25+ years of experience on the street and the fact that I am an attorney guide me. I will do my job whether you like it or not. If you try to keep me from doing that then you will be arrested. I will die for your rights if necessary and the last thing I want to do is infringe upon them. However, those other people in the Ponderosa have rights too. Your rights do not supercede theirs. Get it?

Hombre:

There is nothing illegal nor is it an infringement upon your rights for a police officer (or a group of police officers) from standing near you when you choose to open carry. In fact, now that we know you don't like it, you can expect more of the same. You carry AR-15's into Ponderosa's and we send 10 cops to follow you and glare at you. If that's what it takes to settle the fears of the other customers then so be it.

If I was the owner of that Ponderosa, I would sue you guys for damaging my business and reputation.

Hombre:
That was a good movie. Was that one of you losers?

Hombre:
I SAY AGAIN... I am not anti OC. I'm anti dumb @#$%s bringing rifles into Ponderosa. Dayum!

B

Bikenut

imported post

Post removed by myself after reading the list of past Hombre posts.............. and I know Hombre1 is the same poster as Hombre.....

Credibility is a terrible thing to waste.

mikestilly

imported post

"I understand that LE is bound by law to respond to 911 calls."

Which law is that? They should be trained to ask proper questions when receiving a call of a law abiding activity such as a MWAG. 99% of those MAWG calls would not be responding to any crimes rather a persons fear of firearms which is not a reason to violate someones rights.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Adam-12 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

lmfao!!

Hombre

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Adam-12 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

lmfao!!
At least SOMEBODY has a sense of humor. So I don't agree with the whole bringing an AR-15 to a restaurant......sue me.

B

Bikenut

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
sasha601 wrote:
I think we should start a poll. The question will be worded as follows:

"Shall we keep Hombre or shall we ban Hombre?"

If you post it they will vote!!!

LOL
I posted the question to Hombre1 in the thread he started named:

"Argue with the cop"

if he purposefully loaded the discussion with the title and subsequent postings in order to prove that OCDO was anti LE.

His response was that he really wanted to help.

Well.... now I am questioning... help engender a co-operative relationship between OCers and LE? Or help prove OCers are anti LE by inciting negative responses?

Please consider, if there is an agenda of proving OCers have a negative attitude for LE... if Hombre1 is banned......... he..... wins.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:

http://vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules.html

especially rule #5... is a very powerful way to deal with those who disagree with your position......... and further an agenda.... isn't it Hombre1?

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
sasha601 wrote:

LOL

"Argue with the cop"

if he purposefully loaded the discussion with the title and subsequent postings in order to prove that OCDO was anti LE.

Well.... now I am questioning... help engender a co-operative relationship between OCers and LE? Or help prove OCers are anti LE by inciting negative responses?

Please consider, if there is an agenda of proving OCers have a negative attitude for LE... if Hombre1 is banned......... he..... wins.

especially rule #5... is a very powerful way to deal with those who disagree with your position......... and further an agenda.... isn't it Hombre1?

I meant what I said to you.

btw, until you said something earlier, I'd never heard of Saul Alinsky or his "Rules for Radicals". But, that's probably because I don't like liberals....at all.

You guys are a tough crowd. Type "A" personalities indeed. Some on here are far more suspicious of the police than I am of OC'ers. OC doesn't bother me a bit.

That said, you guys can believe what you'd like.....but I meant what I said.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
sasha601 wrote:

LOL

"Argue with the cop"

I meant what I said to you.

btw, until you said something earlier, I'd never heard of Saul Alinsky or his "Rules for Radicals". But, that's probably because I don't like liberals....at all.

You guys are a tough crowd. Type "A" personalities indeed. Some on here are far more suspicious of the police than I am of OC'ers. OC doesn't bother me a bit.

That said, you guys can believe what you'd like.....but I meant what I said.
Until your posts reflect legal facts with cites to the actual relevant MCL, and/or give solid information and not just condescending statements implying that folks should already know.... I will be doubting the sincerity of your desire to help.

I still am casting a jaundiced eye upon your thread "Argue With The Cop" as to it's intended purpose... and the attitude behind doing such a thing in that particular way.

I may be out of line yet I suspect that there is a definite "us vs them" perspective... and it isn't coming from "us".

As for open carriers being a "tough crowd"? I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate the compliment.:)