• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting card, interesting blog

bcp

imported post

Not to get into an open vs conceal carry, but interesting reading here.

Some samples from:

http://www.mausersandmuffins.blogspot.com/
----------------------------------------
"So until the next step is taken, I will not shop in gun free malls or gun free stores. I may be one lone woman, but I'm a lone consumer with a six figure income and a platinum credit card.

Businesses may not care for my views, but they DO care about my buying power. They may not care if they lose the business of one, but I am one of many. I won't take my money any place that has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness. I won't spend my money for businesses that support, even if indirectly, those that would take those rights from us."

-------------------------------

Cupid shoots and misses.

Another female blog friend got a shovel for her birthday (wonder if they've found the body yet). And there's my friend from college, whose husband of 15 years bought her brake fluid for Christmas. You can only guess the reaction to those gifts.

Pay attention to the things she likes to do to relax (and no, that is not house cleaning). Books, crafts, gardening, photography, etc., and surprise her with something that would allow her to do more of that. Myself, I'd recommend something even better that just spells romance. Such as flowers or jewelry AMMO! Now .22 is fine if you're in that first blush of romance, but if you really want to make an impression, anything 9 mm and up is worth it and if you can get .45 Long Colt or the like, even better.

------------------------------
Bruce

FMCDH

imported post

THAT is an EXCELLENT idea!

Whats going through a store manager or owner's mind after they have received about a dozen of these types of cards in a month? :)

This is an excellent way to protest without being confrontational.

I would even go so far as to put my cell number on the back should they want to follow up or talk about the subject.

An of-course, our state constitution.

Wow, wheels are spinning... :D

Aryk45XD

imported post

Great idea. I've been thinking about getting cards. Pamphlets are getting ridiculous and once I give one out, I usually don't have another on me. Is this something we can build on and get some bulk?

DaemonForce

imported post

Yes but perhaps it is better to go your own route. I suggest this for a base template.

It may be a good idea for everyone to make their own variations so that it doesn't look like we're one group but rather individuals catering to the same solid idea. Finding multipleways to convery a single idea makes it appear more realisticwhile the mass production only cheapens the art. As usual you are free to do as you wish. :)

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

"Yes but perhaps it is better to go your own route. I suggest this for a base template."

We'd have to lose the line about passing mandatory training. I want to let them know where I'm coming from, but I don't want to lie in the process.