• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Store Range for Grandma

Brimstone

imported post

My mom is in her early 60s and she asked me to help her buy a pistol this week. I told her that I would help her when I was next in SC to choose something that would work for her.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on a gun store in the upstate that has a firing range as well as a range of pistols that she could try. She lives in Walhalla, so Oconee, Pickens and Anderson counties would be preferred starting points.

I would also be interested in a beginner firearms course as well as a concealed carry course for her.

Thanks.

dadpharm

imported post

Hi Allen Arms on Poinsett Hwy in Greenville has a very nice indoor range and a good supply of weapons and ammo. Very nice people too. Sort of a drive for your MOM but not too bad. Tx Frank