• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Rules?

fully_armed_biker

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
Well... being from Chicago, I'm a Blackhawks fan...
But you escaped and now enjoy freedoms you would have to BEG your government for in Illinois.

Yes I did!!! I will never live under those circumstances again...

American by birth, Virginian by choice!
SouthernBoy wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
According to their website the max on the range is 100yds.

It's funny...whenever we drive to Pittsburgh or Chicago we get off in Fredricksburg and take 17 to 66 to 81 (or the reverse coming back) to avoid DC. I've driven by Clark Brothers 100 times...next time I'm stopping in!
You left off taking 29 in Opal where Clark Brothers is (not being funny). If you don't take the following route, give it a try on your next trip.

Once you are on route 29 and you go by Clark Brothers, eight miles later you will be in the vicinity of Warrenton. Watch your exit signs and take the ones that will put you on 17 North to Marshall. This is a nice (roughly) twelve mile drive to Marshall and just before you get there, you can jump off onto 66 west.
No, he didn't. That part of 29 is also 17. So, taking 17 from Fredericksburg to 66 takes one right past Clark Brothers and through Warrenton...

Roscoe
Yeah, US 17 intermixes with so many State and County highways...there are very few places along there it is just US 17...I've drivenUS 17 anumber of times.I love the section of the drive where you get off of 66 after only a couple of miles and drive through the valley with all those beautiful farms betweenDelaplane and Paris where it turns into 17/50 into Winchester...breathtaking country up there.Now we usually just stay on 66 to 81, then get off and take 522 towards Breezewood...only have to be in MD for about 5 mins...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
wylde007 wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
Well... being from Chicago, I'm a Blackhawks fan...
But you escaped and now enjoy freedoms you would have to BEG your government for in Illinois.

Yes I did!!! I will never live under those circumstances again...

American by birth, Virginian by choice!
SouthernBoy wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
According to their website
the max on the range is 100yds.

It's funny...whenever we drive to Pittsburgh or Chicago we get off in Fredricksburg and take 17 to 66 to 81 (or the reverse coming back) to avoid DC. I've driven by Clark Brothers 100 times...next time I'm stopping in!
You left off taking 29 in Opal where Clark Brothers is (not being funny). If you don't take the following route, give it a try on your next trip.

Once you are on route 29 and you go by Clark Brothers, eight miles later you will be in the vicinity of Warrenton. Watch your exit signs and take the ones that will put you on 17 North to Marshall. This is a nice (roughly) twelve mile drive to Marshall and just before you get there, you can jump off onto 66 west.
No, he didn't. That part of 29 is also 17. So, taking 17 from Fredericksburg to 66 takes one right past Clark Brothers and through Warrenton...

Roscoe
Yeah, US 17 intermixes with so many State and County highways...there are very few places along there it is just US 17...I've drivenUS 17 anumber of times.I love the section of the drive where you get off of 66 after only a couple of miles and drive through the valley with all those beautiful farms betweenDelaplane and Paris where it turns into 17/50 into Winchester...breathtaking country up there.Now we usually just stay on 66 to 81, then get off and take 522 towards Breezewood...only have to be in MD for about 5 mins...
So does route 15 but those of us who live here don't think of it like that.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

Those of us that live in Fauquier County do ;)

Roscoe

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

Those of us that live in Fauquier County do ;)

Roscoe
That's cool. You know it's got to be confusing for out-of-staters to see highways with certain route numbers to change and then reappear somewhere miles down the road. I live not far from route 15 which, for all intents and purposes, ceases to exist at the intersection of 15 and 29. But Wait! What is this? It appears again out of nowhere.

So basically, I just think of 17 off of 95 heading towards Warrenton, ends (temporarily) at 29 close to Clark Brothers, and 29 continues on through New Baltimore to Gainesville, through the battlefield, and on into Fairfax.

Gets nuts.