• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster with magazine pouch attached to holster

Diesel-n-Lead

imported post

halo6941 wrote:
can anyone tell me if its ok to OC with a holster that has the magazine pouch attatched to the front of the holster
Here in the PRK, it would appear that a holster with a mag pouch on it is ok so long as the clip is not touching the firearm:

C.P.C. 12031
Code:
(g) A firearm shall be deemed to be loaded for the purposes of
this section when there is an unexpended cartridge or shell,
consisting of a case that holds a charge of powder and a bullet or
shot, in, or attached in any manner to, the firearm, including, but
not limited to, in the firing chamber, magazine, or [size="4"][b]clip thereof
attached to the firearm[/b][/size]; except that a muzzle-loader firearm shall be
deemed to be loaded when it is capped or primed and has a powder
charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinder.

zack991

imported post

My leg holster that I use has one and has worked out great for me.
SDC10257.jpg

Marco

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I never understood the ergonomic logic behind those holsters with a spare mag pouch built in...

A spare mag on your "strong side" makes it REALLY awkward to grab for a reload. Plus, it makes the weight of a loaded handgun and a spare mag REALLY concentrated in a small spot on your belt.

I much prefer to spread out the weight and put my spare mags on the left. More comfortable to carry, and easier to grab for reloads. It just makes more sense all around...

They make sense if you only have one arm/hand.

Imagine if you got injured in your non dominate arm (the side your spare ammo is carried) could you draw your spare mags with your dominate hand?

I hate cheap nylon holsters.

When I lost the use of my dominate arm for awhilethis is what I carried my P7M8 in:

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
They make sense if you only have one arm/hand.

Imagine if you got injured in your non dominate arm (the side your spare ammo is carried) could you draw your spare mags with your dominate hand?

That's why I love Glocks, a G21 mag will fit in a G30 and I can put my extras either on my belt or on my chest rig with the mag pouches pointed down making for an easy grab with either hand. Not to mention I'm limber and fit enough to grab from my support side behind my back and still draw my secondary or spare mags. It's an awkward grab, but I'm still quick enough with it.

Oh wait, homeboy doesn't believe in training and practice.