Thread: Wis. to consider allowing uncased guns in cars

Post imported post

Wis. to consider allowing uncased guns in cars
    February 20, 2010

MADISON - The state Senate is set to consider a bill next week that would allow people to transport uncased weapons.
    Current Wisconsin law, no one can transport a firearm unless it's unloaded and stored in a gun case. No one can transport a bow or a crossbow unless it's either unstrung or cased.
    The bill would eliminate the case requirement for firearms and eliminate all prohibitions on firearms, bows and crossbows in a vehicle if the vehicle is stationary.
    The Senate is set to take up the measure on Tuesday.
    The bill's main author, Senate Majority Leader Russ Decker, a Weston Democrat, introduced a similar measure in 2005. Republicans controlled the Senate then and the legislation never got to the floor for a vote.
    Associated Press
    http://www.gmtoday.com/news/front/topstory15.asp

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote: Sorry I looked and didnt see it and I dont know how to remove it

Post imported post

I checked the DNR website, don't get your hopes up. They're only talking about guns that will measure OVER 35" in length.

JJC

Post imported post

Don't do this in the city, the school zone still requires unloaded/encased. This gains nothing for city dwellers since their cars will go through school zones.