• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Sussex-

Packer fan

imported post

PlateFullofBacon wrote:
Be sure to see this video from the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7MOjWQcMM

Feel free to share it too!

When asked by the man why do you need to care a gun in to a Chinese restaurant in Sussex the blank stair would have come over the face and I would have asked. How long have you been a journalist around here and how many crime stories have you covered? My question to you is why don't you see the need sir?

Many female journalist know what it is like to be stalked.

You guys did a good job there in Wis.

I maybe in the area soon and will take a drive to the China Wok and tell them thank-you.

protias

imported post

Packer fan wrote:
PlateFullofBacon wrote:

When asked by the man why do you need to care a gun in to a Chinese restaurant in Sussex the blank stair would have come over the face and I would have asked. How long have you been a journalist around here and how many crime stories have you covered? My question to you is why don't you see the need sir?

I maybe in the area soon and will take a drive to the China Wok and tell them thank-you.
It is a question that is often asked by people.

M

McX

imported post

i was asked by a lady at starbucks if i had a life insurance policy. i said yes, it's right here on my hip.

scorpio_vette

imported post

protias wrote:

when somebody asks you why you see the need to carry in a restaurant, you could just tell them about the Texas restaurant massacre.

protias

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
protias wrote:

when somebody asks you why you see the need to carry in a restaurant, you could just tell them about the Texas restaurant massacre.
But that restaurant served alcohol, so people wouldn't "get out of hand." *gasps* And now, people are able to be armed down there until the place gets more than 51% of revenue from alcohol sales. Seems they are working fine with people and drinking...oops, off topic. :shock:

protias

PlateFullofBacon

imported post

protias wrote:
Packer fan wrote:
PlateFullofBacon wrote:

That's an excellent point, and a darn good reply to such a hideously stupid question if ever asked!

BTW, did anyone wonder why the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel decided to headline this story as "Gun-toting demonstrators gather in Sussex", rather than something more objective such as: Open carry advocates protest in Waukesha"

Could it be possible that the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is biased against the 2nd Amendment, and the Rights of gun owners, and those who chose to protect themselves? Hmmm?

PlateFullofBacon

imported post

Thanks for letting me know!

I used iMovie.. I's all I really know how to use, to be honest.. I'm more of a still shooter.. video is totally new to me..

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

I talked with a couple of the reporters off the record and one of the females with cameras had moved to WI from FL because her apartment had been broken in while she was at home and she was terrorized and robbed. Needless to say she was sympathetic to our cause.

At the State Patrol HQ a guy and his family pulled off the highway to check us out and I was able to explain a few things to him and get him some cards from Shaun and Hubert.

Good stuff all around...

scorpio_vette

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
I talked with a couple of the reporters off the record and one of the females with cameras had moved to WI from FL because her apartment had been broken in while she was at home and she was terrorized and robbed. Needless to say she was sympathetic to our cause.

At the State Patrol HQ a guy and his family pulled off the highway to check us out and I was able to explain a few things to him and get him some cards from Shaun and Hubert.

Good stuff all around...

did you get the reporters name that moved here from FL??? perhaps she might be interested in joining, and we'd have a reporter on the inside. LOL

hardballer

imported post

Sorry to be so late with these but I misplaced my camera for a bit and finally found it.

sussex2010.jpg

sussex201010.jpg

sussex201011.jpg

sussex201012.jpg

sussex201013.jpg

sussex201014.jpg

sussex201015.jpg

sussex201016.jpg

sussex201017.jpg

sussex201018.jpg

sussex201019.jpg

sussex20102.jpg

sussex201020.jpg

sussex201021.jpg

sussex201022.jpg

sussex201023.jpg

sussex201024.jpg

sussex201025.jpg

sussex201026.jpg

sussex20103.jpg

sussex20104.jpg

sussex20105.jpg

sussex20106.jpg

sussex20107.jpg

sussex20108.jpg

sussex20109.jpg

scorpio_vette

imported post

is there a reason you focused in on that weird guy in the green camo towards the end??? :lol::lol::lol:

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
is there a reason you focused in on that weird guy in the green camo towards the end??? :lol::lol::lol:
I'm guessing that was you? Weren't you cold!?!?! lol

KansasKraut

imported post

logan wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
I'm guessing that was you? Weren't you cold!?!?! lol
I thought that was Lurchiron in the camo pants. That guy had the same tattoo that ol' Lurch uses as his avatar. ?

hardballer

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
and who is this again (by screen name. sorry dude. i suck with names and met everybody for the first time today)???
23831_315855314498_655129498_3559504_2827938_n.jpg
This is my new bestest friend Hardballer...
Thanks Spartacus, I feel the same. We are friends and brothers in this struggle to be free and live our lives with liberty and the knowledge that we secure our own safety, not relying on law enforcement, who are vastly outnumbered and rarely able to intercede but rather are their mainly to clean up and document the mess.

This was a grand opportunity to meet new, like minded folk and develop what I hope are life long friendships. We are in this together and need to have each others back.