• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drop Loop in Fred Myers and Hollywood Video

Batousaii

imported post

~ I took the opportunity after work to do a little shopping with the wife, and pick up a couple movies. We got home from work and I ran in the house and got into some comfortable jeans, nice shirt and my old-school drop loop rig and sixgun. We drove down to Fred Myers and hoped over to Hollywood Video. The peeps that work there are always pleasant and friendly, and i am sure by now they figured out the large leather object hanging out from under my coat is a western holster (same for Fred Myer and other local stores). We spent a good 30 minutes in there wandering the isles and choose a couple movies. All the while other peeps wandering around and no one seemed concerned. We got our movies and a little chit chat about the comedy we chose with the young lady at the counter, then off to Fred Myers. We walked around Fred's isles for another 30 min trying to decide what we wanted to make for dinner, and snacks with the movies. One nice fella, as we walked down the isle, put his hand forward for a healthy handshake and said to me with a positive sincere voice "Thank You" and a good nod. I nodded back and said "My pleasure sir" - a good experience to compliment another conversation with an older gent about the fine weather, and hopes for a beautiful summer... My wife felt pleasantly surprised by the little bits of friendly attention we both received.

- All in all t was a great little venture that topped the day (save for a couple odd looks from a couple peeps, who otherwise let me about my way). Usually my little ventures with OC seems pretty un-noticed by the average peeps, but i believe the old-rig had a little magic today, or maybe it was the sunshine, or the combo of the two. People were in a good mood, and I felt welcomed by most peeps i passed by

- Just wanted to share some good videos for the day.

:cool:Bat

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
One nice fella, as we walked down the isle, put his hand forward for a healthy handshake and said to me with a positive sincere voice "Thank You" and a good nod.
Maybe he thought you were ex military personnel or LEO ;), you sure you knew his reasons?

Aryk45XD

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
One nice fella, as we walked down the isle, put his hand forward for a healthy handshake and said to me with a positive sincere voice "Thank You" and a good nod.
Maybe he thought you were ex military personnel or LEO ;), you sure you knew his reasons?
...from the civil war. Lol, nice 6 though.

Batousaii

imported post

That's cool to know poo, i love old fashioned rigs, they are very elegant.

I am however former military - but i could definitely tell he was thanking "A Citizen". It was just a very cool little moment.

;)