• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC tonight In Kenowhere

oak1971

imported post

Here is the rig I use. It's a cheap leg holster and a Glock 17. If the Nazis take it I'm only out $600.

carryrig-1.jpg

scorpio_vette

imported post

i'd love to go for a walk. maybe to the gas station to get a mountain dew. but there is still some slight controversy as to whether or not my front door or garage door is in a school zone or not. :(

scorpio_vette

imported post

oak1971 wrote:
Hmmm. whats the radius?

depends how you measure and who you talk to. believe it or not, i actually have the cops looking for a black and white answer on that right now, because so far i have 3 different answers.

answer#1: i'm in school zone.

answer#2: i'm not in school zone.

answer#3: my front sidewalk is in school zone, but the rear overhead door of my garage door is not in a school zone.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

protias

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
i'd love to go for a walk. maybe to the gas station to get a mountain dew. but there is still some slight controversy as to whether or not my front door or garage door is in a school zone or not. :(
As long as you are on your property, you can carry anywhere on it (even if you live right next to a school). However, if you start walking on the road or sidewalk, you are now on public property, GFSZ. Use Google Earth and measure from the the outside of the school's property to find out.

oak1971

imported post

I am 0.6 miles away from the nearest one here. Good to go. I just have to watch how far I walk in that direction.

scorpio_vette

imported post

protias wrote:
As long as you are on your property, you can carry anywhere on it (even if you live right next to a school).  However, if you start walking on the road or sidewalk, you are now on public property, GFSZ.  Use Google Earth and measure from the the outside of the school's property to find out.

i'm aware that it's ok on my property. but i still need to find out for 100% certainty about the property around me.

oak1971

imported post

I have a question about carry on the condo property. Can the condo assoc stop me? I ask because when I walk out the door, I technically leave our private dwelling and walk on land owned by the condo assoc. Till I get to the public sidewalk.

protias

imported post

Don't worry, just go through a fine tooth comb and find out. I don't think they'd be able to prevent you from exercising your rights, but when it comes to condos, you never know.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
protias wrote:
As long as you are on your property, you can carry anywhere on it (even if you live right next to a school). However, if you start walking on the road or sidewalk, you are now on public property, GFSZ. Use Google Earth and measure from the the outside of the school's property to find out.

i'm aware that it's ok on my property. but i still need to find out for 100% certainty about the property around me.
Which Cudahy school are you concerned with? I'll take a reading on it for you. :cool:

[align=center]
3yfz5.jpg

[/align]
Dave

M

McX

imported post

posted;Here is the rig I use. It's a cheap leg holster and a Glock 17. If the Nazis take it I'm only out $600.

they are not nazis, they are luftwaffles.:D

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was also carrying in Kenosha today... no incidents to report as usual.

Petco on Hwy 31

Pier 1 Imports on Hwy 31

Kohl's on Hwy 31

Just empty holster at HuHot (they serve alcohol)... tried to go to Jalensky's but they were closed....

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
protias wrote:

I cobbled up a map of the 1000' GFSZ around the Cudahy HS... it's BIG. I can't seem to upload it because of the size (1.4MB) and my slow dialup connection. I will try another approach. The white line is the boundry as near as I can tell, but I make no guarantees to it's accuracy. It extends on the East all the way into the lake. As always, confirm with boots on the ground.

Dave

[size="+1"][/size]