• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC today in Madison

oak1971

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
we as a WHOLE need to put on a good image. words can be one of the most powerful tools or weapons if used incorrectly. words can stop a fight or make a fight worse.

ever call a southern black guy "boy"??? wonder why he just beat the crap out of you??? it's just a word right???

anti-gunners will take anything you say/do/hint and turn it into a negative light. so if we (law abiding respectful citizens) talk in a manner that "they" would call to be "gang talk", "violent talk" or anything else that you want to call it, then they will put us in the same group with them. after all "if we talk like gangbangers then we MUST BE gangbangers". right???

hey don't get mad at us. we didn't write the political game rules. in a perfect world you could call it anything you want. unfortunately this is nowhere near a perfect world. so we have to "dress up" a bit.
Public relations is one thing. I get that. That wasn't what I was talking about. Just forget it.

AaronS

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
we really should do state street.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. has stated preliminary plans to have a board meeting sometime in March and a members rally in a Madison hotel culminating with an OC walk down State Street.

I'm sure you will hear more about this as the board of WCI firms it up...
Sounds like a good time, I can't wait.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. has stated preliminary plans to have a board meeting sometime in March and a members rally in a Madison hotel culminating with an OC walk down State Street.

I hope I don't have to work on that day. I was listening to WTAQ 1360 am /97.5 fm & the news came on, they mentioned that today was OC carry day in Madison, SOMEONE OUT THERE IN THE MEDIA IS READING THIS FORUM......LET'S ALL START MINDING OUR P's & Q's on here....:)

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
AaronS wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:

I hope I don't have to work on that day. I was listening to WTAQ 1360 am /97.5 fm & the news came on, they mentioned that today was OC carry day in Madison, SOMEONE OUT THERE IN THE MEDIA IS READING THIS FORUM......LET'S ALL START MINDING OUR P's & Q's on here....:)
I was contacted this morning by a reporter who was asking about the rumors of an OC rally at noon today at the capitol. It was circulating because of the Facebook group calling for rallies at every state capitol today. It has nothing to do with WI Carry, Inc. and I told him that.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
That was about some facebook page urging people to carry firearms (real where legal, fake guns where real are prohibited) into state capital buildings across the country.

Has nothing to do with this forum, OCDO, or Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
That was about some facebook page urging people to carry firearms (real where legal, fake guns where real are prohibited) into state capital buildings across the country.

Has nothing to do with this forum, OCDO, or Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
AH. ok. thanks for correcting me. :)

WIG19

imported post

oak1971 wrote:
Semantics is an exercise in futility.
For those who surrender to it.

Jeebers, folks knock it off. If you're carrying at a specific place & time in a group for the clear purpose of making an obviouspublic statement about a position on an issue then you're participating in a process where perception of your message matters. Treat that message accordingly. If you were vehemently opposed to some other social issue wouldyou couch it in terms that enflame, or perpetuatethe samenegative image used by the people you revile?

If so, then just go on carrying for the primary reason, live your lives, and forget the pretense of trying to influence public perception. Jeez, gathering at a range would be better because then at least you could do some shooting or training.

If it's more important than that, then give the issue its measure of civility.

Old Grump

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
ever call a southern black guy "boy"??? wonder why he just beat the crap out of you??? it's just a word right???
Well yeah, I did, not only that he was a boxer and played college football on a scholarship. I said come on boy, lets go move some computers and do some wiring.

Shop went silent, one of my co-workers said in a small voice isn't that racial. He turned on them and let them have it.

Boomer is the only one here who ever treated me like a man, I forget we are different colors when we work together, When I work with you guys I know I am black. I know what he meant but if one of you had said it that word would have meant something different and yes there would have been right now trouble.

When the two of us left to do our project the shop was still dead silent.

Words mean things, especially when taken out of context. I slip into old country boy persona because that is what I am but when I speak or write publicly I do try to use correct nomenclature and choose my words so that they can't be misconstrued. Unfortunately some young people, most journalists, nearly all far left liberals and the far right extremists among us choose their words deliberately to create fear, hate and loathing because it is effective.

I think most youngsters who do it just haven't yet thought of the impact their words have but they will as they mature and gain experience.

oak1971

imported post

I thought censorship was a tool of the left. How sad that both sides of the spectrum engage in it. I will voice my opinion, It is my God given right and no less important than the 2nd. You have the right not to agree with it. We are not carrying flowers and sunshine in those holsters. We carry lethal force. To lull folks into complacency through the use of "pretty" imagery is intellectually dishonest at best. To carry is our right. I am tired of being polite to those who would strip us of it.

scorpio_vette

imported post

oak1971 wrote:
I thought censorship was a tool of the left. How sad that both sides of the spectrum engage in it. I will voice my opinion, It is my God given right and no less important than the 2nd. You have the right not to agree with it. We are not carrying flowers and sunshine in those holsters. We carry lethal force. To lull folks into complacency through the use of "pretty" imagery is intellectually dishonest at best. To carry is our right. I am tired of being polite to those who would strip us of it.

you make a very good point and i truly agree with you. but if there is a bee that is endangering me because i'm allergic, then i must fight smart so as to not get stung. so i will lay out some honey for it. then when it's sitting there filling it's belly, I SQUASH IT.

once the law is overturned and in the books and they see that people aren't starting to randomly drop like flies, then they'll find something else to go complain about, and we'll have won.

M

McX

imported post

look at the number of visitors present on the bottom of the forum lead page, suddenly it has gone way up.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Early afternoon visit to east side Woodmans today, approximately 45 minutes or so in duration. Glock 23 in Safariland ALS holster. Numerous employees throughout the store, many customers including elderly and soccer moms with small kids. Other than that there's nothing to report, except canned peaches are on sale.

Can we get a dancing peach? :celebrate

Lurchiron

imported post

.Shotgun wrote:
Early afternoon visit to east side Woodmans today, approximately 45 minutes or so in duration. Glock 23 in Safariland ALS holster. Numerous employees throughout the store, many customers including elderly and soccer moms with small kids. Other than that there's nothing to report, except canned peaches are on sale.

Would there be poles involved...I got $ingles :dude:.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
.Shotgun wrote:

Nah... but there might be a couple of Hungarians!

Lurchiron

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:
.Shotgun wrote:

Nah... but there might be a couple of Hungarians!

Well...if they're not Buda...they must be pest :dude:.

http://www.budapest-life.com/map/map.php

Packer fan

imported post

I guess I didn't know there was such a big deal in Madison. I had open carried there in Dec when I was passing through. I posted the experience in Visiting Wisconsin.

Man, had my wife known, not that she's against guns but just didn't want the trouble and harassment, she would have never let me get the gun out of it's case. I told her that is was ok. I checked for GFSZ and many people carry in Madison.

Now, we are going again to Delavan on March 1-3 and I may have her convinced to OC. If she knew what you guys are saying her in this thread she would freak.

I showed her the pictures ofthe two ladies that OC in Sussex and told her see your not the only one.

Please don't tell her how bad it is or was in Madison or I'll never get to OC.:p

She CC her in Arkansas every where all the time.:celebrate( I know one can not CC in Wi)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

we are going again to Delavan on March 1-3 and I may have her convinced to OC. If she knew what you guys are saying her in this thread she would freak.

Packerfan, I OC in Delavan ALL the time. I grew up there and go there frequently to visit my parents. I've OC'd at Lowes Kohl's, Market Street Deli (which is right downtown) all around my parents property (which is on Park Avenue) where lots of neighbors and cars passing by surely saw it.

No issues (of course)

Another guy on the forum here came of from Illinois and OC'd in Lake Geneva for a weekend.

OC is just as legal in Milwaukee as it is in Madison as it is in Boulder Junction.

Even Madison who tried to buck the law (and the attorney general) and arrested someone on a municipal violation for OC'ing down state street dropped the charges.

Packer fan

imported post

I don't know how much OC I'll be able to do in Delavan because I'll be spending much of the time at a funeral. I leave back on Wednesday morning.

My wife now is going down and buying a gun just for this trip. She said she hates the idea of not being with out one.

I think it was after showing her the video of the protest in Sussex and the State Trooper. I'm telling you, you all made a difference.

Again she CC everywhere because here in Arkansas we can't OC.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

About the only parking spaces available in downtown Madison (State St) are in parking structures. These are owned by the city, county or at least paid for by the state. Are they a government "building?"